Zero Emission Zone

Media articles about money-saving topics
Boro Boy

Zero Emission Zone

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:35 pm

The Zero Emission Zone starts (in a small way) but well ahead of schedule. The wonderful London Mayor promises it will stretch as far as the M25 soon...

See: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/lon ... spartanntp :think:

pabenny

Re: Zero Emission Zone

Post by pabenny » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:35 am

It's not a zero emission zone. It's ultra low emissions

It's a potential test area for a pilot scheme

It covers just one road in one direction

It's being proposed by the Corporation London (which governs the 'square mile') and not the Mayor of London (whose jurisdiction doesn't extend out to the M25).

Why let facts get in the way of a story.

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:30 am

More generally – and this is not a personal dig at the op – this is one of the ways in which fake news gets propagated.

It starts with a factual news report. A reader interprets it in a way that confirms his/her view of the world, repeats/likes/retweets, possibly with some additions or embellishments that further confirm that world view. After a few repeats, no-one even reads the original story, let alone refers back to the source or sense checks the claims.

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:36 am

pabenny wrote:It's not a zero emission zone. It's ultra low emissions

It's being proposed by the Corporation London (which governs the 'square mile') and not the Mayor of London (whose jurisdiction doesn't extend out to the M25).

The Mayor of London has no jurisdiction at all within the square mile, It has it's own governance and incidentally its own Police Force which is completely separate from the rest of London. https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/Pages/default.aspx
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Boro Boy wrote:The Zero Emission Zone starts (in a small way) but well ahead of schedule. The wonderful London Mayor promises it will stretch as far as the M25 soon...

See: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/lon ... spartanntp :think:
From the comments 'tis you who should :think:
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:29 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
pabenny wrote:It's not a zero emission zone. It's ultra low emissions

The Mayor of London has no jurisdiction at all within the square mile, It has it's own governance and incidentally its own Police Force which is completely separate from the rest of London. https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/Pages/default.aspx

False News!?!, low emission, no emission, one way street, test base, M25 wow I just get lost with members adding their own interpretation to what I thought was just the start of an informative thread... I should have guessed but I really didn't think such a placid entry to the tread would be misunderstood/misinterpreted or some may say twisted!.

Yes this is a test bed scheme, yes the London Mayor wants to bring the date of the initial scheme for the Low Emission Zone forward and yes he has spoken about extending it from Central London to the M25 but transport in The City falls into line with Transport for London which is governed by the Mayor. As for the Mayors Authority yes he has no control over The Corporation of London or The City Police but as for the extent of his other controls I would be interested just which London Boroughs "pabenny" believes the Mayor has jurisdiction over when he says "...Mayor of London (whose jurisdiction doesn't extend out to the M25)." as London boroughs do stretch upto (in many cases) and beyond (in some cases) the M25 or does this Mayor only have jurisdiction over The London Assembly building??? :think:

macliam

Post by macliam » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:01 pm

Perhaps if you didn't have a history of posting questionable opinions on both the Mayor and the congestion zones, people would take your "information" at face value :eh:

I had decided not to respond to another of your jabs, but your feigned innocence is a step too far!
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:18 pm

macliam wrote:Perhaps if you didn't have a history of posting questionable opinions on both the Mayor and the congestion zones, people would take your "information" at face value :eh:

I had decided not to respond to another of your jabs, but your feigned innocence is a step too far!

My comments were not insincere and perhaps you should be judged a lessor person for imagining it so. :eh:

macliam

Post by macliam » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:22 pm

Perhaps (whatever "lessor" means), but I think your hurt little innocent routine is wearing a bit thin. :roll:
I also think I'm not the only one who treats your posts as partial...... :eh:
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

RonFlorabud
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by RonFlorabud » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:45 pm

pabenny wrote:More generally – and this is not a personal dig at the op – this is one of the ways in which fake news gets propagated.

It starts with a factual news report. A reader interprets it in a way that confirms his/her view of the world, repeats/likes/retweets, possibly with some additions or embellishments that further confirm that world view. After a few repeats, no-one even reads the original story, let alone refers back to the source or sense checks the claims.
There are a lot of morons that love their social media and fake news. Would never suggest OP - leave that to other members opinion :thumbup: