Zero Emission Zone

Media articles about money-saving topics
RonFlorabud
Sharing: 3stars.png

Re: Zero Emission Zone

Post by RonFlorabud » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:46 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
macliam wrote:Perhaps if you didn't have a history of posting questionable opinions on both the Mayor and the congestion zones, people would take your "information" at face value :eh:

I had decided not to respond to another of your jabs, but your feigned innocence is a step too far!

My comments were not insincere and perhaps you should be judged a lessor person for imagining it so. :eh:
Sorry boring boy, your posts were up to your usual standard. Would love it when imutual introduces a spam forum!

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:01 pm

Boro Boy wrote:... I just get lost with members adding their own interpretation...
Well if you want to go there...

There is no mention in the linked article of the M25, the Mayor of London, nor anything starting early. Yet they're all mentioned in the OP.

And on a point of fact: Some London boroughs do extend up to the M25 and one extends just beyond it. But for most its borders, London stops short of the M25 and there over 800,000 people living within in that in-between zone. See https://londonist.com/london/best-of-lo ... ide-london

I should have phrased it that the Mayor's jurisdiction does not cover the entire area within the M25. Nevertheless, the point stands about the limitation to the scope of his power.

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:42 pm

Born Boy, you have yet again read too much between the lines and presented a news report with your own unsubstantiated spin on it. If you want to make posts like the Daily Mail, then you should expect to be picked up on it and challenged.
Thanked by: Dream on, blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:01 am

Chadwick wrote:Born Boy, you have yet again read too much between the lines and presented a news report with your own unsubstantiated spin on it. If you want to make posts like the Daily Mail, then you should expect to be picked up on it and challenged.

I fail to see the spin, where is it in this...?

BoroBoy wrote: The Zero Emission Zone starts (in a small way) but well ahead of schedule. The wonderful London Mayor promises it will stretch as far as the M25 soon...

See: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/lon ... spartanntp

Mayor Khan and Transport For London (TFL) brought forward the original introduction date for the Low Emission Zone to be introduced in Central London, to be followed by plans for extending it to the North/South Circular Roads and the Mayor has commented that he would like to see it extended still further to the M25 - this is common knowledge in London but it seems like big news to everyone else... :wtf:

It may prove a big surprise to other members if they ever have to drive through London at a future date...!

macliam

Post by macliam » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:21 am

Do you EVER bother to read other posts? I quote:
pabenny wrote:There is no mention in the linked article of the M25, the Mayor of London, nor anything starting early. Yet they're all mentioned in the OP.
To spell it out, the linked article is about the City of London. Nothing to do with TfL, Mayor Khan or anything else you claim.
Thanked by: blythburgh, pabenny, Dream on
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:28 am

macliam wrote:Do you EVER bother to read other posts? I quote:
pabenny wrote:There is no mention in the linked article of the M25, the Mayor of London, nor anything starting early. Yet they're all mentioned in the OP.
To spell it out, the linked article is about the City of London. Nothing to do with TfL, Mayor Khan or anything else you claim.

What is it with you... the linked articel is about Corporation of London jumping the gun and doing a test run on one little used road but it gives backgound on what is about to hit London in various stages over the coming years...

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:10 am

Boro Boy wrote:
..the linked articel is about Corporation of London jumping the gun and doing a test run on one little used road but it gives backgound on what is about to hit London in various stages over the coming years...
macliam wrote:Do you EVER bother to read other posts?
Or even the article you link to

The test will be on Moor Lane, which the article does not say is little used. In fact if it was, the trial would be of little value. The article doesn't mention anything about the rest of London. It's all about the City Corporation's emission control measures. And as for 'jumping the gun', it says ULEZ trial in the City is due to begin in April 2019, the same time as the LEZ in the Congestion Zone becomes a ULEZ. (Google them if the initials confuse you).

To be clear, no-one is disputing the news story. It's mildly interesting. Where I take issue, and it seems others do too, is with your supplementary comments in the OP, which are not accurate (as set out in post 2) and your push back when called out for the inaccuracy.
Last edited by pabenny on Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Dream on

macliam

Post by macliam » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:30 am

Boro Boy wrote:
macliam wrote:Do you EVER bother to read other posts? I quote:

What is it with you... the linked articel is about Corporation of London jumping the gun and doing a test run on one little used road but it gives backgound on what is about to hit London in various stages over the coming years...
In YOUR opinion, which others may not share - and which is NOT supported by the article.
Thanked by: Dream on, blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me