Free £75 share in Tandem Bank?

Offers and promotions that don't cost you a penny
Boro Boy

Re: Free £75 share in Tandem Bank?

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Sep 26 2018 8:35pm

Bruce wrote:I contacted them earlier today, awaiting a response.

Some of the documents on Companies House refer to "Founder Shares". I can't see any mention of who these are allocated to or what rights the shares give. But I have no share certificate or idea of how many shares I actually have.
Keep us all up to date on you deliberations...

Is there any other members who took up the share offer who may have perhaps heard anything from Tandem Bank? :eh:
Thanked by: blythburgh

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Wed Sep 26 2018 10:23pm

Cal posted this thread and seem to know more than anyone else
Maybe he’ll comment ?
Politically incorrect since 69

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Thu Sep 27 2018 5:05am

kevinchess1 wrote:Cal posted this thread and seem to know more than anyone else
Maybe he’ll comment ?

Taken from O/P :)

"are reportedly offering you a free share worth £75"

https://www.google.com/search?q=reporte ... refox-b-ab ;)

"according to what some say (used to express the speaker's belief that the information given is not necessarily true)"
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh

Bruce
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by Bruce » Fri Sep 28 2018 10:59am

Response from Tandem:
In answer to your other question, It is very important to us that you, as a Co-Founders, are rewarded for all the contributions you have made in helping build our products. Following the fundraise earlier this year, we are full throttle in growth mode and are launching products to gain as much market traction as we can. This also means our staff is quite stretched in delivery of those products which is why it is taking some time for us to deliver on our promise to you. We anticipate this to happen in Q1 2019 next year but as a start-up things move around at short notice. I want to reiterate that the timing of delivery on our promise will not affect the ultimate value to you as the value can only be derived when we have an exit event (IPO or asset sale).
Within all the waffle, I read that as meaning "we haven't yet allocated the shares to the co-founders".

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Sep 28 2018 11:53pm

Bruce wrote:Response from Tandem:
In answer to your other question, It is very important to us that you, as a Co-Founders, are rewarded for all the contributions you have made in helping build our products. Following the fundraise earlier this year, we are full throttle in growth mode and are launching products to gain as much market traction as we can. This also means our staff is quite stretched in delivery of those products which is why it is taking some time for us to deliver on our promise to you. We anticipate this to happen in Q1 2019 next year but as a start-up things move around at short notice. I want to reiterate that the timing of delivery on our promise will not affect the ultimate value to you as the value can only be derived when we have an exit event (IPO or asset sale).
Within all the waffle, I read that as meaning "we haven't yet allocated the shares to the co-founders".

...which is why it is taking some time for us to deliver on our promise to you. Sounds a bit like "The cheque is in the post...! :crazy:
Thanked by: kevinchess1

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sat Sep 29 2018 8:46pm

I want to reiterate that the timing of delivery on our promise will not affect the ultimate value to you as the value can only be derived when we have an exit event (IPO or asset sale).
Read as: If there's an IPO then whatever the market price that's what you'll get.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Oct 01 2018 12:07am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
I want to reiterate that the timing of delivery on our promise will not affect the ultimate value to you as the value can only be derived when we have an exit event (IPO or asset sale).
Read as: If there's an IPO then whatever the market price that's what you'll get.
I can't see any new bank listing with shares at £75 each, it would make them very illiquid so the concussion is that the offer must be for more than an individual share...maybe!?! :crazy:

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Mon Oct 01 2018 7:03pm

Boro Boy wrote: I can't see any new bank listing with shares at £75 each, it would make them very illiquid so the concussion is that the offer must be for more than an individual share...maybe!?! :crazy:
I've no idea where the concept of the shares being worth £75 came from.

My main concern is that should something happen tomorrow (e.g. takeover), the "co-founders" may miss out because they aren't legally registered as shareholders.

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Sun Nov 04 2018 7:52pm

I did quite a bit more digging and got this response back in mid-October:
Sorry about the delay again. This is the latest - appreciate it seems like it should be a simple thing from your end, but it's proved much more complicated than we thought.
We originally planned and set up the structures necessary to issue these shares. These turned out to be problematic because of the regulations that we are under, but we have now found a way around we think will work. This was again complicated by the Harrods take over earlier this year. But the proposal for resolving it is now with the legal team. The CEO is aware of the problem as I said in my last message, but the issue has to find time to go before the board - as we don't want to end up causing more problems than we solve by doing it in the wrong way. There's a possibility of getting the solution actioned at the next board in Nov, but realistically (sorry) I think it is more likely to be at the December meeting. For my part, I can only keep bringing it up and explaining that from my pov as social media person, it's absolutely key to our relationship with our customers that we don't let you guys down like this and we follow through on our promises. While we will definitely make good on our promises in the end, the delay is disappointing - but unfortunately . the cogs move slower than we'd like in a regulated business like this. I hope that at least lets you know where we are. And again, sorry that I can't personally snap my fingers and make it happen straight away, but I'll keep bringing it up until it's resolved.
Thanked by: RonFlorabud, Kelantan

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Nov 04 2018 9:28pm

Bruce wrote:I did quite a bit more digging and got this response back in mid-October:
Sorry about the delay again. This is the latest - appreciate it seems like it should be a simple thing from your end, but it's proved much more complicated than we thought.
We originally planned and set up the structures necessary to issue these shares. These turned out to be problematic because of the regulations that we are under, but we have now found a way around we think will work. This was again complicated by the Harrods take over earlier this year. But the proposal for resolving it is now with the legal team. The CEO is aware of the problem as I said in my last message, but the issue has to find time to go before the board - as we don't want to end up causing more problems than we solve by doing it in the wrong way. There's a possibility of getting the solution actioned at the next board in Nov, but realistically (sorry) I think it is more likely to be at the December meeting. For my part, I can only keep bringing it up and explaining that from my pov as social media person, it's absolutely key to our relationship with our customers that we don't let you guys down like this and we follow through on our promises. While we will definitely make good on our promises in the end, the delay is disappointing - but unfortunately . the cogs move slower than we'd like in a regulated business like this. I hope that at least lets you know where we are. And again, sorry that I can't personally snap my fingers and make it happen straight away, but I'll keep bringing it up until it's resolved.

Good luck, let us all know the final outcome when it happens... :thumbup: