Prince of Wales's 70th

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
blythburgh

Re: Prince of Wales's 70th

Post by blythburgh » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:51 am

I am a Christian and a Remainer, others on here have no faith or perhaps other faiths and some are Brexiters.

But I respect the views of those who are neither Christian or Remainers.

The ones I cannot abide are those of no faith or a particular faith (including Christians) who feel only they are right and try to force others to that believe. And Brexiteers like those who lived near a friend. He moved into a Council flat with nice, decent people around him. Over the years it became a sink estate. He was abused by many for having a remain poster by people who around him. They were the sort who take drugs, make sure they are unemployable and never vote. They made it plain the only reason for vote Leave was a racist one.

I may disagree violently at times with comments made here but do not feel that the person is at heart a racist or the sort who attacks anyone of faith for their beliefs.
Thanked by: William Joseph1, Dream on
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:59 pm

blythburgh wrote:I am a Christian and a Remainer, others on here have no faith or perhaps other faiths and some are Brexiters.

The ones I cannot abide are those of no faith or a particular faith (including Christians) who feel only they are right and try to force others to that believe. And Brexiteers like those who lived near a friend. He moved into a Council flat with nice, decent people around him. Over the years it became a sink estate. He was abused by many for having a remain poster by people who around him. They were the sort who take drugs, make sure they are unemployable and never vote. They made it plain the only reason for vote Leave was a racist one.

I may disagree violently at times with comments made here but do not feel that the person is at heart a racist or the sort who attacks anyone of faith for their beliefs.
I think I'd advise your friend to move....
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:37 am

Boro Boy wrote:
blythburgh wrote:I am a Christian and a Remainer, others on here have no faith or perhaps other faiths and some are Brexiters.

I think I'd advise your friend to move....
It was hard as he needed a walk in shower. He did not demand it but the form he filled in said he could only move to one with that. The amount of places for a single man (he is a widower) is very limited. He insisted on keeping his cats with him as he sufferers from anxiety and depression. And he was adamant he did not want to move to the south of the town. In the end he was offered a bungalow in a sort of sheltered housing unit in the south of the town. Been there for over a year and on the whole happy to be south of the town.

I say sort of sheltered housing but it is a housing association block and they have a "warden" for 2.5 days a week. They have an alarm system which if you use connects you to Wiltshire. What I cannot understand is why the system in on the wall in the living room. My neighbour pays for an alarm system that is based locally and wears a pendant round her neck. If she falls on the floor and needs help she presses the button. If my friend falls on the floor he somehow has to get to the wall to pull the alarm.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler