So what did you vote for?

Media articles about money-saving topics
blythburgh

Re: So what did you vote for?

Post by blythburgh » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:28 am

Boro Boy wrote:Important after Xmas Dinner advice: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42394209
Not a problem for us on the big day: we are all remainers. :thumbup:
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:34 am

I am still hoping against hope that the people will be given a proper choice including a "stay in the EU" on the ballet paper. A people's vote is the only way the public can say what they feel about Brexit.

The Labour Party is playing party politics in calling for a General Election. That is not a vote on Brexit as many of us will be voting for a candidate for all sorts of reasons. My vote if I choose Tory (current MP) or Labour would count as I live in a swing seat. Most, like macliam, can vote for anyone but the current MP but it will not affect the vote as they will win anyway.

My choice is like that of many, do I stick with my party which will not be in the top two when the votes are counted or do I vote Tory to keep Labour out or Labour to keep the Tories out.
Thanked by: Dream on, William Joseph1
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:34 pm

A year ago, Chadwick wrote:Here's how it happens:
  • The DUP, dissatisfied with the brexit/Irish border outcome, will withdraw their support over a molehill that they turn into a mountain. Theresa May will be outmanoeuvred into a position where it would appear churlish to take back her £1m bribe, because it would confirm that the money really was a bribe for the DUP's support. This will trigger her departure from Downing Street (as soon as brexit is in the can).
Brexit: 'PM has broken promises' - DUP
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46219496
May's £1m bribe bought the support of the DUP explicitly for Brexit. Looks like the DUP is no longer going to honour their side of the bargain.
Thanked by: Dream on, blythburgh

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:43 pm

Chadwick wrote:
A year ago, Chadwick wrote:Here's how it happens:
  • The DUP, dissatisfied with the brexit/Irish border outcome, will withdraw their support over a molehill that they turn into a mountain. Theresa May will be outmanoeuvred into a position where it would appear churlish to take back her £1m bribe, because it would confirm that the money really was a bribe for the DUP's support. This will trigger her departure from Downing Street (as soon as brexit is in the can).
Brexit: 'PM has broken promises' - DUP
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46219496
May's £1m bribe bought the support of the DUP explicitly for Brexit. Looks like the DUP is no longer going to honour their side of the bargain.
I don't blame May for breaking any promises to that unholy bunch, doesn't say much for her judgment to bribe them in the first place. The DUP siding with Labour feels unnatural .

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:54 pm

Theresa May, 14th November 2018 wrote:When you strip away the detail the choice before us is clear – this deal which delivers on the vote of the referendum, which brings back control of our money, laws and borders, ends free movement, protects jobs, security and our Union, or leave with no deal or no Brexit at all.
Yes, Theresa, many of us have been saying this for months - give us the choice between your deal (which Parliament won't approve), no deal (which would be catastrophic for the UK), or staying in the EU.

Given the savaging she's had today, she's almost the only one supporting her deal. Rees Mogg has already submitted his letter of no confidence. Which leaves a shit option and a safe option. Which way would you vote?
Thanked by: blythburgh

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:46 pm

It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:35 am

Boro Boy wrote:That deep blue will go with my light blue eyes again!!! :thumbup:
If I was to renew my lovely red passport I would do it now so I could proudly show anyone who needed to see my passport that I was proud to be a European as well as a Brit

butler1882

Post by butler1882 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:02 pm

Just get us out!! The deal on the table is worse then we had before! Just walk away
Thanked by: Boro Boy

macliam

Post by macliam » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:22 pm

butler1882 wrote:Just get us out!! The deal on the table is worse then we had before! Just walk away
So, have you developed a system for removing the eggs from an omelette, or do you just presume someone else has? :eh:

Doctor: The condition is terminal - you have a choice of chemotherapy or surgery......

Patient: I don't want either, just cure me!
Thanked by: pakefield, blythburgh, pabenny
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Dream on

Post by Dream on » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:48 am

butler1882 wrote:Just get us out!! The deal on the table is worse then we had before! Just walk away
Of course it would be quite legitimate to argue the case the other way. if this deal is worse than the one we have, then it could be better to stay in rather than "Just get us out".