Media articles about money-saving topics
Boro Boy

The Tulip or a Fungus...?

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Nov 19 2018 10:16pm

Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Re: The Tulip or a Fungus...?

Post by blythburgh » Tue Nov 20 2018 8:24am

Only if you live long enough and the plans are passed of course. Really hope the former happens and do not know enough to say whether the latter happens or not. I may not always agree with you but at I do value all of your posts. Hearing another side is always good.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Nov 20 2018 10:34am

Boro Boy wrote:I have a new neighbour: https://www.dezeen.com/2018/11/19/tulip ... ture-news/ :crazy:
They said the same about the Eiffel Tower and today XXX people come to see it everyday and that's impressive performance.
Thanked by: blythburgh, kevinchess1
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Nov 20 2018 11:44am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:I have a new neighbour: https://www.dezeen.com/2018/11/19/tulip ... ture-news/ :crazy:
They said the same about the Eiffel Tower and today XXX people come to see it everyday and that's impressive performance.
We can all pick the building that was hated by the general public at the time and are now loved. And we can all pick from the numerous buildings that were hated by the general public and are still hated. Some are considered so bad they have been demolished.

Still not decided if it is a Tulip or a Fungus but then unlike Boro Boy I am not going to see it on a regular basis when I am out and about
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Nov 20 2018 11:50am

blythburgh wrote:Only if you live long enough and the plans are passed of course. Really hope the former happens and do not know enough to say whether the latter happens or not. I may not always agree with you but at I do value all of your posts. Hearing another side is always good.
I am lead to believe that planning approval has already been given so once finances are raised it will go ahead... :think:

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue Nov 20 2018 12:05pm

Boro Boy wrote:
blythburgh wrote:Only if you live long enough and the plans are passed of course. Really hope the former happens and do not know enough to say whether the latter happens or not. I may not always agree with you but at I do value all of your posts. Hearing another side is always good.
I am led to believe that planning approval has already been given so once finances are raised it will go ahead... :think:
Incorrect, It has not! https://www.fosterandpartners.com/news/ ... of-london/

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Nov 20 2018 12:19pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:
I am led to believe that planning approval has already been given so once finances are raised it will go ahead... :think:
Incorrect, It has not! https://www.fosterandpartners.com/news/ ... of-london/
Thanks for the up-date. There are so many proposed tower blocks that are talked about in Central London that never get off the drawing board. When this hit the news it came across as a go'er but I guess the emphisis was because it is so unusual... There can be a long way between planning and actually building it; some towers have only recently been built that were initially approved by Ken Livingston.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Nov 28 2018 5:15pm

Hurdles are being put in the way by the sound of it: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/l ... spartanntp :think:

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Nov 28 2018 5:19pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Wed Nov 28 2018 5:15pm
Hurdles are being put in the way by the sound of it: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/l ... spartanntp :think:
Why a hurdle? Or perhaps you would prefer a couple of Plane Crashes before an assessment.
Gondalas designed to move up and down the top of the Tulip tower are at risk of confusing air traffic control systems, according to technical experts at London City airport.

Construction on the 305-metre (1,000ft) tower must not go ahead until an assessment has been carried out into its potential impact on radar systems at the airport six miles to the east, officials told the authority considering whether to grant planning permission.
Thanked by: Kelantan

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Nov 29 2018 12:14am

William Joseph1 wrote:
Wed Nov 28 2018 5:19pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Wed Nov 28 2018 5:15pm
Why a hurdle? Or perhaps you would prefer a couple of Plane Crashes before an assessment.
Gondalas designed to move up and down the top of the Tulip tower are at risk of confusing air traffic control systems, according to technical experts at London City airport.

Construction on the 305-metre (1,000ft) tower must not go ahead until an assessment has been carried out into its potential impact on radar systems at the airport six miles to the east, officials told the authority considering whether to grant planning permission.
Thats a provocative statement if ever I heard one, but the answer is NO - I would not prefer a couple of plane crashes!!!

Truth is its all a hurdle (thought you'd know that!) but it can't really be a real issue as just across the river from it is the Shard and that is far taller than this design so I don't know what the real issue is... :ugeek: