I finally know what I want most in 2019

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

I finally know what I want most in 2019

Post by blythburgh » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:39 am

We have been saving up and next Spring we will have a new kitchen installed that will be more bad back friendly. And the back garden is going to be redesigned to make it bad back friendly.

I am so excited about all of this and really looking forward to the finished jobs.

But I just realised what I am most looking forward to is the end of Brexit. It might be Mrs May's deal, it might be another deal, it might be a People's Vote but whatever it is one thing is certain it will be decided once and for all. Oh joy. Parliament can go back to working out some of the countries problems that Brexit have elbowed out of the way. The media will cover more real news again. The forums will end the right v left discussions over Brexit. I cannot wait for it to happen.
Thanked by: William Joseph1, burwin
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

William Joseph1

Re: I finally know what I want most in 2019

Post by William Joseph1 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:54 am

blythburgh wrote:We have been saving up and next Spring we will have a new kitchen installed that will be more bad back friendly. And the back garden is going to be redesigned to make it bad back friendly.

I am so excited about all of this and really looking forward to the finished jobs.

But I just realised what I am most looking forward to is the end of Brexit. It might be Mrs May's deal, it might be another deal, it might be a People's Vote but whatever it is one thing is certain it will be decided once and for all. Oh joy. Parliament can go back to working out some of the countries problems that Brexit have elbowed out of the way. The media will cover more real news again. The forums will end the right v left discussions over Brexit. I cannot wait for it to happen.
Interesting
https://www.markpack.org.uk/154869/brex ... s-to-come/
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:04 pm

blythburgh wrote:We have been saving up and next Spring we will have a new kitchen installed that will be more bad back friendly. And the back garden is going to be redesigned to make it bad back friendly.

I fear it will only be the beginning.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Dream on

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:06 pm

But we will know if we are in or out and on what terms and that is something to look forward to
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:30 pm

blythburgh wrote:But we will know if we are in or out and on what terms and that is something to look forward to
Will we? I will wait and see. As it is at the moment it looks as if Parliament will vote against the deal on the table. If that happens who knows where we will go. General election, another referendum, another party in power, extension of article (whatever it is)? I think the future is far to uncertain to say we will know definitely.
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:05 pm

blythburgh wrote:But we will know if we are in or out and on what terms and that is something to look forward to
I'm sorry to spoil your moment of bliss, but we won't.

Currently we are trying to agree a holding position prior to agreeing our exit terms.
We haven't actually resolved the issue of the Irish border - we have merely agreed what we will do until we do resolve it.
So we will be in a sort of limbo until that is resolved, neither in nor out. Subject to the rules but not making them.
We have yet to begin negotiating our future terms.

29th March 2019 is the end of the beginning. The beginning of the end is not yet in sight.
Thanked by: Dream on

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:32 pm

Ignorance is bliss.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

KlensyKrok

Post by KlensyKrok » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:50 pm

Nice thread. It was interesting to read
Thanked by: blythburgh

planteria

Post by planteria » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:52 pm

i'm with the sentiment, but..
blythburgh wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:39 am
.., it might be a People's Vote
if, somehow, Project Fear finally wins out after all, it might not be wrapped next year :think:. i sincerely hope that isn't the case, but it's difficult to comprehend the depths that some of these devious pervs will go to.

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:58 pm

planteria wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:52 pm
if, somehow, Project Fear finally wins out after all, it might not be wrapped next year :think:. i sincerely hope that isn't the case, but it's difficult to comprehend the depths that some of these devious pervs will go to.
What? so someone does not agree with you and that makes them a "perv" https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=perv Not in my world thankfully.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Dream on