I finally know what I want most in 2019

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
Chadwick

Re: I finally know what I want most in 2019

Post by Chadwick » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:40 pm

planteria wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:52 pm
i'm with the sentiment, but..
blythburgh wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:39 am
.., it might be a People's Vote
if, somehow, Project Fear finally wins out after all, it might not be wrapped next year :think:. i sincerely hope that isn't the case, but it's difficult to comprehend the depths that some of these devious pervs will go to.
It's not a case of "Project Fear" winning.
It's a question of how much are you prepared to suffer before admitting that we have no more sovereignty than before, no more control over immigration than before, and no more influence in Europe or the world than before, and in fact have just made ourselves worse off for absolutely no benefit whatsoever.

Of course it won't be wrapped next year. We're trying to leave the EU whilst retaining all the benefits of being in the EU. It's a ridiculous negotiating stance and unsurprisingly we've managed to only agree a 'deal' whereby we keep all the bits that people were unhappy with. We now have an even bigger mountain to climb. The only way to end this quickly is to weigh up the benefits and costs and cancel Article 50.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:41 am

I am well aware that March will only be the beginning. And March will only see us leave the rule making table if we do not end up with a People's vote. I am sure the leave date will be moved if we do get to vote on what is on offer to us. But at least we will either still be in or out of the rule making bit of the EU by the end of 2019. Not sure if I will live long enough to see everything sorted as it is going to be so many, many years before we sort everything out and get all the trade deals we need.
Thanked by: dustie
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:35 am

planteria wrote:
blythburgh wrote:
if, somehow, Project Fear finally wins out after all, it might not be wrapped next year :think:. i sincerely hope that isn't the case, but it's difficult to comprehend the depths that some of these devious pervs will go to.
Whilst it may be "difficult to comprehend the depths that some of these devious pervs will go to." As you seem to be in the know you can at the very least give us a clue so we can see the warning signs?
Thanked by: blythburgh
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

macliam

Post by macliam » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:13 am

I've said it before, I'll say it again, the final outcome of all this navel-gazing and willy-waving will be that the UK pays more to get less and lots of things that hadn't been considered will come back to bite us on the bum.

Why? Apart from paying its dues, because, like in a re-rating exercise, the UK will now pay for any "shared" services based on today's figures rather than on adjusted historical averages with opt-outs, and without any "goodwill - plus it'll have to pick up the whole cost of "taking control" of borders and putting some hoops in place for people to jump through. That's without assessing any increased costs and decreased opportunity for business in the short to medium term (long term, who knows? Ask a famine victim what they think they'll be doing in 10 years time!)

I'm happy to revisit this prediction in the future - are you?
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:38 pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:35 am
planteria wrote:
blythburgh wrote:
Whilst it may be "difficult to comprehend the depths that some of these devious pervs will go to." As you seem to be in the know you can at the very least give us a clue so we can see the warning signs?
???
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club