Revamp iMutual's look & offers?

axelandpixel

Revamp iMutual's look & offers?

Post by axelandpixel » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:56 pm

This site has been online for many years now and it seems like it hasn't really evolved much. The layout is basic and the cashback rates are lower than TCB and Quidco. Is there a plan to revamp its look? Its offers? iMutual has the forum and even the guarantee but for some reason, it just hasn't gotten "there" IMO. There must be something that can be done especially now that TCB and Quidco are planning to merge. I feel that the layout really needs to be changed because it looks like it got stuck 10yrs ago. When I visit TCB, it looks colorful and much more updated with the offers. Any chance iMutual could look and work like that? When I check the forum, it's always the same people who post. Maybe this site needs more advertising. Just my thoughts.
Thanked by: blythburgh, RonFlorabud

kevinchess1
Sharing: 3stars.png

Re: Revamp iMutual's look & offers?

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:25 pm

I’m all in favour of adverts
Most forums have the same people posting
Just the way it is
Politically incorrect since 69

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:38 pm

axelandpixel wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:56 pm
This site has been online for many years now and it seems like it hasn't really evolved much. The layout is basic and the cashback rates are lower than TCB and Quidco. Is there a plan to revamp its look? Its offers? iMutual has the forum and even the guarantee but for some reason, it just hasn't gotten "there" IMO. There must be something that can be done especially now that TCB and Quidco are planning to merge. I feel that the layout really needs to be changed because it looks like it got stuck 10yrs ago. When I visit TCB, it looks colorful and much more updated with the offers. Any chance iMutual could look and work like that? When I check the forum, it's always the same people who post. Maybe this site needs more advertising. Just my thoughts.
Cashback rates are "different", not always lower - and that depends on what can be negotiated with the merchants, so size counts, unfortunately. The "look and feel" says much about the psychology behind the site - would yo prefer a glitzy site without the cashback guarantee and the forums? ... and advertising also costs - so who's going to pay??

Wishlists are great. I like BMWs, but I drive a SEAT.
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

axelandpixel

Post by axelandpixel » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:49 pm

@kevinchess1

I agree. I guess I'm just used to seeing more active forums and can't help but wish this would be the case here since it should have been advantage compared to other cashback sites.

@macliam

I have checked many gambling site offers here and as far as I remember, they're mostly lower. Well apparently, the ones that look better have much more members and are doing well compared to iMutual so it seems to me that the cashback guarantee and forum don't matter. Advertising will indeed cost but that also drives people to the site which can in turn make it more profitable. Who will pay? The owner of the company obviously. It's just my observation. This is not to bash the site but to tell the truth that this needs to adapt to changes and keep improving.
Thanked by: RonFlorabud

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:57 pm

axelandpixel wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:49 pm
@kevinchess1

I agree. I guess I'm just used to seeing more active forums and can't help but wish this would be the case here since it should have been advantage compared to other cashback sites.

@macliam

I have checked many gambling site offers here and as far as I remember, they're mostly lower. Well apparently, the ones that look better have much more members and are doing well compared to iMutual so it seems to me that the cashback guarantee and forum don't matter. Advertising will indeed cost but that also drives people to the site which can in turn make it more profitable. Who will pay? The owner of the company obviously. It's just my observation. This is not to bash the site but to tell the truth that this needs to adapt to changes and keep improving.
So... If you were in control of the site but had no development budget what would be your realistic development priority list...!?! :think:
Thanked by: blythburgh

axelandpixel

Post by axelandpixel » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:27 pm

Well, that's the answer as to why this hasn't grown like other sites despite having the forum and guarantee. Add to that the ppl who don't seem to take criticism positively. :roll: I didn't even say change it now but asking if there's a plan as it's getting so left behind compared to TCB and other cashback sites I'm in. It would have been nice to see iMutual growing well as it offers 3 things that other sites don't.

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:12 am

Without being defensive, I can't speak for gambling sites, since I avoid them - but for most "general" purchases I find imutual is either close or better. Obviously there will be particular merchants who offer specific deals to certain sites, just as there are supermarket loss-leaders, and we'd all like to get the best of them... but...........

If there are cases where imutual is well away from the cashback offered by others, you have the ability to inform Richard - although it may well be something he can't change. At base, imutual suffers from it's attempt to be a different kind of cashback site, but some of us appreciate and celebrate the difference.

Imutual hasn't "grown" like Q and TCB because they were always in pole-position (since the time I joined anyway) and certain vested interests promote them at the expense of other sites - however, the other difference is that they don't have the same business basis as imutual. To be precise YOU are an owner of imutual, not some hidden corporate - so you have to decide whether you'd rather get what you do now or provide more resource to the site management to use as funds for advertising, etc. It's always easier to spend someone else's money, isn't it?.......
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:13 am

macliam wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:38 pm

Cashback rates are "different", not always lower - and that depends on what can be negotiated with the merchants, so size counts, unfortunately. The "look and feel" says much about the psychology behind the site - would yo prefer a glitzy site without the cashback guarantee and the forums? ... and advertising also costs - so who's going to pay??

Wishlists are great. I like BMWs, but I drive a SEAT.
A SEAT? Personally I drive a car :lol:
Thanked by: axelandpixel
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

axelandpixel

Post by axelandpixel » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:58 pm

macliam wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:12 am
Without being defensive, I can't speak for gambling sites, since I avoid them - but for most "general" purchases I find imutual is either close or better. Obviously there will be particular merchants who offer specific deals to certain sites, just as there are supermarket loss-leaders, and we'd all like to get the best of them... but...........

If there are cases where imutual is well away from the cashback offered by others, you have the ability to inform Richard - although it may well be something he can't change. At base, imutual suffers from it's attempt to be a different kind of cashback site, but some of us appreciate and celebrate the difference.

Imutual hasn't "grown" like Q and TCB because they were always in pole-position (since the time I joined anyway) and certain vested interests promote them at the expense of other sites - however, the other difference is that they don't have the same business basis as imutual. To be precise YOU are an owner of imutual, not some hidden corporate - so you have to decide whether you'd rather get what you do now or provide more resource to the site management to use as funds for advertising, etc. It's always easier to spend someone else's money, isn't it?.......
I have also compared Savings & Investments cashbacks and there was a big difference in rates. I find TCB and Quidco are closer and even having the same cashback rates unless the other is having flash rates.

Yes, I guess trying to be different is what makes this less progressive as others because only "some" celebrate it.

Getting shares every time I use this site is definitely not what I'm after and I don't feel that I also own the company. It's just a good bonus and in fact a very good concept but that really hasn't drawn more people here. Quidco is already huge but they still advertise while I haven't stumbled upon iMutual on free sites I visit. You're saying it's always easier to spend someone else's money is true, so you're saying I should spend my money to help improve the site? When I never felt to do so on other sites, why will I do that here? As a whole, I find that this site needs to step up if it doesn't want to be left behind. I have read about the server migration which is a positive move for improvement. Hoping the look and feel of the site will be improved too as well as put more effort into advertising. Because clearly, this site has things that others don't offer as I've mentioned but it's not giving it the edge as how it should be. Maybe that could be highlighted when they plan to advertise because people even buy shares for startup companies and pay, and yet here it's free. It's a strong point. It's just many people don't know that this site exists.
Thanked by: blythburgh

garindan

Post by garindan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:29 pm

I agree with the advertising aspect entirely. However, not all advertising needs to be paid for. My belief is imutual needs to embrace engagement with social networks, use the underlying concept of infiltrating members' network of friends through simple and effective sharing of imutual events, like having just been paid cashback, special cashback offer, friend referral or partner promotion etc...

These sorts of things could be formatted and shared by all our members at the touch of a button but there are no buttons unless you want to share a particular merchant, which is not as appealing as sharing something specific from an active member's actions.
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.