Some great quotes...

Media articles about money-saving topics
Boro Boy
Posts: 3573
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 946 times
Been thanked: 1977 times
Contact:

Some great quotes...

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:37 pm

If only David Cameron had really had faith in what he previously said:

"I want completing the single market to be our driving mission. I want us to be at the forefront of transformative trade deals with the US, Japan and India as part of the drive towards global free trade. And I want us to be pushing to exempt Europe's smallest entrepreneurial companies from more EU directives."

...still, we are on our way to a free trade market with him out of the process.

So he handed over to someone else who forgot what she said at the beginning of the process:

"Let's start getting some free trade agreements started as soon as we can. We need to get on with it; we need to get a grip and make progress." Theresa May


As if we needed proof of the say one thing and do another attitude. They should all listen to the people who gave them a decision to leave the EU and they should just do it, not talk about it then do something else.

Chadwick
Posts: 1491
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:21 pm
Has thanked: 715 times
Been thanked: 1911 times
Contact:

Re: Some great quotes...

Post by Chadwick » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:00 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:37 pm
If only David Cameron had really had faith in what he previously said:

"I want completing the single market to be our driving mission. I want us to be at the forefront of transformative trade deals with the US, Japan and India as part of the drive towards global free trade. And I want us to be pushing to exempt Europe's smallest entrepreneurial companies from more EU directives."

...still, we are on our way to a free trade market with him out of the process.
What makes you think he didn't have faith in what he said?
Is it because he resigned rather than do the opposite?

And we're already in a free trade market. That's what the EU is. We're now on our way OUT of it.
Boro Boy wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:37 pm
So he handed over to someone else who forgot what she said at the beginning of the process:

"Let's start getting some free trade agreements started as soon as we can. We need to get on with it; we need to get a grip and make progress." Theresa May


As if we needed proof of the say one thing and do another attitude. They should all listen to the people who gave them a decision to leave the EU and they should just do it, not talk about it then do something else.
I think Theresa May is offering the only way to leave the EU without falling off a cliff edge. That is, her deal buys more time to negotiate an exit and future relationship that the UK is happy with. We haven't managed to do that over the past two years, so her proposal gets us more time while we work out what the hell we want.
If you think the Chequers deal is worse than staying in, I completely agree with you.
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy
Posts: 3573
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 946 times
Been thanked: 1977 times
Contact:

Re: Some great quotes...

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:06 pm

Chadwick wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:00 pm

And we're already in a free trade market. That's what the EU is. We're now on our way OUT of it.
Out of an enclosed market into a worldwide free market... yes correct!

Chadwick
Posts: 1491
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:21 pm
Has thanked: 715 times
Been thanked: 1911 times
Contact:

Re: Some great quotes...

Post by Chadwick » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:06 pm
Chadwick wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:00 pm

And we're already in a free trade market. That's what the EU is. We're now on our way OUT of it.
Out of an enclosed market into a worldwide free market... yes correct!
Do you understand what free trade is?
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy
Posts: 3573
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 946 times
Been thanked: 1977 times
Contact:

Re: Some great quotes...

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:03 pm

Chadwick wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:59 pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:06 pm
Chadwick wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:00 pm

And we're already in a free trade market. That's what the EU is. We're now on our way OUT of it.
Out of an enclosed market into a worldwide free market... yes correct!
Do you understand what free trade is?
Yes have a word with olde Abraham Lincoln and he'll update you...! :think:

Chadwick
Posts: 1491
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:21 pm
Has thanked: 715 times
Been thanked: 1911 times
Contact:

Re: Some great quotes...

Post by Chadwick » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:24 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:03 pm
Chadwick wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:59 pm
Do you understand what free trade is?
Yes have a word with olde Abraham Lincoln and he'll update you...! :think:
Yes, Abe was famously against it.
But do you understand what it is?
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy
Posts: 3573
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 946 times
Been thanked: 1977 times
Contact:

Re: Some great quotes...

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:42 am

Chadwick wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:24 pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:03 pm
Chadwick wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:59 pm
Do you understand what free trade is?
Yes have a word with olde Abraham Lincoln and he'll update you...! :think:
Yes, Abe was famously against it.
But do you understand what it is?
Don't be fooled Abraham Lincoln was a great Free Trade advocate.

pabenny
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 390 times
Been thanked: 1207 times
Contact:

Re: Some great quotes...

Post by pabenny » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:19 am

Lincoln and his views on trade have very little to do with membership of the EU. Why is anyone discussing him?
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh
Posts: 14057
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 29220 times
Been thanked: 5687 times
Contact:

Re: Some great quotes...

Post by blythburgh » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:56 am

So we can add to a pointless thread?
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam
Posts: 7769
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:26 am
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1371 times
Been thanked: 6682 times
Contact:

Re: Some great quotes...

Post by macliam » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:08 am

pabenny wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:19 am
Lincoln and his views on trade have very little to do with membership of the EU. Why is anyone discussing him?
Nobody is...... and nobody is really discussing Brexit either, the OP is just throwing opening another thread to post the same old Brexiteer propaganda.

Brexit is done, now it is just a case of choosing to which of the seven levels of Hell the UK will descend - because there seems no happy outcome. All but the die-hards accept that it's going to cost the UK big time for the forseeable future and further costs and issues are still coming out of the woodwork. Whilst any "liberation" of the market may mean big bucks for some, it seems unlikely that for the rest it will cover the increased costs of any supposed sovereignty - extra customs and immigration people, extra civil servants, rule changes and uncertainty at best.

Even the decision that Brexit can be "undone" could not put the genie back in the box ..... the division and chaos has already been sown and bridges have been burned..... the only question is, how badly?
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests