So what did you vote for?

Media articles about money-saving topics
Boro Boy

Re: So what did you vote for?

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:15 am

Chadwick wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:06 pm
Seriously, Boro Boy, do you understand anything about Brexit?
I could ask you the same but that would just cheapen the debate with patronising tones typical of Remoaners and that would be below what should be expected on iMutual... :crazy:

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:27 am

Give over. Every single point you have attempted to make has been robustly rebutted. So you're just taking issue with the tone of contributors (again). Is that really the best pro-brexit case you can make?
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:55 am

We need to stop feeding Boro Boy and talk about more interesting things like watching paint dry
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:16 am

I said that a year ago!
Thanked by: pabenny, Chadwick, blythburgh
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:27 am

You need look no further than the posts in these forums to see the paucity of argument and the polarization of opinion. The outcome of the whole Brexit fiasco will be that the UK will pay more to receive less. Some wide-boys will make money from the situation, they always do, but the division sown into the UK electorate will take generations to heal and the UK itself is at threat from the political genies release from the lamp. Those braying about the fallen "for democracy" might well ask themselves whether those victims would even recognize that which they died to protect.....
Thanked by: pabenny
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:47 pm

blythburgh wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:55 am
We need to stop feeding Boro Boy and talk about more interesting things like watching paint dry
I expected better from you rather than others blythburgh, it seems like its you who is now cheapening the debate. :thumbdown:

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:11 am

Boro Boy, we're trying to find at what level we can talk to you.

When you're presented with a factual answer, you just ignore it and move on to another spurious argument. It's difficult to hold a sensible discussion on that basis. I'm sorry that I come cross as patronising, but sometimes it is exasperating reading your misunderstandings and falsehoods, and then being ignored when trying to explain why your conclusions are not based on facts.

I apologise that my frustration shows through occasionally, and I would welcome the chance to raise the tone of the conversation.
Thanked by: pabenny, blythburgh

parchedpeas

Post by parchedpeas » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:02 am

BoroBoy, this thread is symptomatic of the whole Brexit debate: opinions versus facts. For example:

- you believe we'll be better off financially after Brexit. Facts - every economist who has done a forecast, including the Governments own! - say that we will be poorer.
- you believe that leaving the EU will reduce immigration when facts suggest that, while it might reduce EU migration, it will only meant that non-EU migration will increase (because people are coming to work)
- you believe that leaving the EU will give us MORE control over our laws when, in fact, it will do the opposite as we'll have a reduced influence with our trade partners who will be able to dictate to us on their terms, we'll have reduced weight in any arrangement

There are NO plus sides to Brexit - not a single one. If you can think of one, I urge you to post it here and tell me what it is. It will give me something warm to think of as we plummet over the cliff into obscurity.
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:13 am

parchedpeas wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:02 am
BoroBoy, this thread is symptomatic of the whole Brexit debate: opinions versus facts. For example:

- you believe we'll be better off financially after Brexit. Facts - every economist who has done a forecast, including the Governments own! - say that we will be poorer.
- you believe that leaving the EU will reduce immigration when facts suggest that, while it might reduce EU migration, it will only meant that non-EU migration will increase (because people are coming to work)
- you believe that leaving the EU will give us MORE control over our laws when, in fact, it will do the opposite as we'll have a reduced influence with our trade partners who will be able to dictate to us on their terms, we'll have reduced weight in any arrangement

There are NO plus sides to Brexit - not a single one. If you can think of one, I urge you to post it here and tell me what it is. It will give me something warm to think of as we plummet over the cliff into obscurity.

Thank you for telling me what I believe... can you also tell me where I put the TV page of the newspaper as that would be something helpful.

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:43 am

Everything Boro Boy has said about Brexit has been shown to be wrong. He clearly has nothing more of substance to say on the subject and is not interested in hearing what anyone else says.

I'm out.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Chadwick