eBay gone?

pabenny
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 390 times
Been thanked: 1207 times
Contact:

Re: eBay gone?

Post by pabenny » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:46 am

Standard eBay fee for private sellers is 10% of selling price - and IM pay 10% of that - so you might expect 1% of the price you pay.

That said, eBay run frequent promotions for private sellers with a max fee of £1 - meaning you'd only get 10p. And I'm sure that high volume sellers will pay much less than the standard 10%.

In other words, how much cashback you receive is anyone's guess.
Thanked by: kevinchess1

Boro Boy
Posts: 3573
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 946 times
Been thanked: 1977 times
Contact:

Re: eBay gone?

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:37 am

pabenny wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:46 am
Standard eBay fee for private sellers is 10% of selling price - and IM pay 10% of that - so you might expect 1% of the price you pay.

That said, eBay run frequent promotions for private sellers with a max fee of £1 - meaning you'd only get 10p. And I'm sure that high volume sellers will pay much less than the standard 10%.

In other words, how much cashback you receive is anyone's guess.
Yes its not just how much you receive but if you receive anything... In the past eBay transactions use to appear within 24 hours and payment within 45 days but for me not all transactions are appearing at all never mind payment! What is the reason for this drop in reliability? And is it just me who is seeing this drop in standards...?

kevinchess1
Posts: 22073
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:02 pm
Sharing: 3stars.png
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12506 times
Been thanked: 15885 times
Contact:

Re: eBay gone?

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:59 am

Well I don’t do many but I’ve never had a problem
The other 2 used to pay a fix percentage
So you had a better idea
Politically incorrect since 69

pabenny
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 390 times
Been thanked: 1207 times
Contact:

Re: eBay gone?

Post by pabenny » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:32 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:37 am
Yes its not just how much you receive but if you receive anything...
https://www.imutual.co.uk/claims

William Joseph1
Posts: 11084
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2488 times
Been thanked: 6383 times
Contact:

Re: eBay gone?

Post by William Joseph1 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:44 pm

pabenny wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:32 pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:37 am
Yes its not just how much you receive but if you receive anything...
https://www.imutual.co.uk/claims
This merchant does not accept claims for missing transactions.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, pabenny
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

pabenny
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 390 times
Been thanked: 1207 times
Contact:

Re: eBay gone?

Post by pabenny » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Thanks. I 'd forgotten that.

Together with the slow tracking and unpredictable cashback amounts, I can see why TCB and Q might have just chosen to walk away from offering eBay cashback.
Thanked by: kevinchess1

Boro Boy
Posts: 3573
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 946 times
Been thanked: 1977 times
Contact:

Re: eBay gone?

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:51 am

pabenny wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:44 pm
Thanks. I 'd forgotten that.

Together with the slow tracking and unpredictable cashback amounts, I can see why TCB and Q might have just chosen to walk away from offering eBay cashback.
If what you say is correct it looks like eBay doesn't value the link either...? But to counteract this everything has previously been ok with my transactions only until the last 3 or 4 months. I wonder what has caused this drop of standards? :wtf:
Thanked by: blythburgh

kevinchess1
Posts: 22073
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:02 pm
Sharing: 3stars.png
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12506 times
Been thanked: 15885 times
Contact:

Re: eBay gone?

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:21 pm

Now back with the big number 2
Thanked by: im181859
Politically incorrect since 69

Boro Boy
Posts: 3573
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 946 times
Been thanked: 1977 times
Contact:

Re: eBay gone?

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:46 am

eBay doesn't seem to be tracking. I'm aware officially that there is a long lead in period but usually in the past eBay use to credit long before the final deadline. The change in the relationship seemed to have occurred in the final quarter of last year...

Are other members experiencing issues with the eBay link?
Thanked by: blythburgh

William Joseph1
Posts: 11084
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2488 times
Been thanked: 6383 times
Contact:

Re: eBay gone?

Post by William Joseph1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:58 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:46 am
Are other members experiencing issues with the eBay link?
No
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest