Facebook help needed

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
blythburgh

Facebook help needed

Post by blythburgh » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:37 pm

A friend posted this on FB

Help !! Anyone have any idea how stop notifications from Facebook reappearing as new posts even after deleted them,had 943 other day,now another 55 just now going back to 1st jan, driving me nuts. Get similar with emails but not so often.

Anybody any ideas how this lovely lady can stop this from happening. She is a rare medical condition which means she cannot work, do her beloved gardening and is in constant pain but is still trying to help others.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

kevinchess1
Sharing: 3stars.png

Re: Facebook help needed

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:55 pm

Click on the beef burger on the bottom right
Gives you a list of options including ‘Mute all notifications’
Thanked by: blythburgh, dustie
Politically incorrect since 69

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:57 pm

Close the account & have nothing to do with them. (Sorry I know its not helpful) In my mind facebook are nothing better than scammers and the world would be a better place without them.
Thanked by: RonFlorabud, pabenny
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:17 pm

Where are the notifications appearing? Her phone, computer, tablet?
Can you clarify what she means by 'new posts'?

The answer is possibly in facebook's settings, but could be in the settings for the phone/tablet/computer.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh

RonFlorabud
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by RonFlorabud » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:02 pm

Completely agree with WJ1. Deactivate (at the very least) the account and get the he** away.
We coped without FB before.... NOBODY needs it today.
Thanked by: expressman33

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:46 am

My friend needs FB to keep in touch with friends especially with those who belong to sites like swagbucks etc she is a member of. Family can post rather than phone at times. But most importantly she needs it to keep in touch with others with the same horrible illness. Tips, advice and support can be shared via FB far easier than by email etc.

I asked what she was using and in her case (not the only one with this problem) it is:

Samsung galaxy S2 9.7inch tablet. Thanks B****, could have missed your post as no notification,could take a wk never can tell always out sync.

I have asked for email addy so I can send replies to her there as well as on the FB group we both belong to.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:13 pm

RonFlorabud wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:02 pm
Completely agree with WJ1. Deactivate (at the very least) the account and get the he** away.
We coped without FB before.... NOBODY needs it today.
We coped without a lot of things that we have now , facebook does have some uses ( complaints , area groups )

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:44 pm

Are the 'notifications from Facebook' the pop up messages on the home screen?

If so, if you slide them to the side a little bit, there should be cog symbol behind. Click this and it goes to the Notifications part of the settings and there she can turn off the notifications for Facebook. I think there's an Advanced section where she can specify which Facebook activities will produce a notification, and which won't.

She can access the same settings by clicking the tablet's Settings icon (probably also a cog), and hunting around for the right section.
Thanked by: blythburgh, dustie

RonFlorabud
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by RonFlorabud » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Still stand by fb does nothing more than we had before. Yes, it's a complete package and easier, but I see no breakthrough. We had bbs systems, we had forums to discuss particular hobbies, issues, etc. I dumped fb 4 years ago and I miss virtually nothing and 4 years ago it was a better place - only gets worse. Enjoy for those that stay with it.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:22 am

I have a FB but only use it for a few groups I belong to. The only photo on there is of a dog, if you want to know when I am on holiday then do not bother looking there. I am not on holiday as far as FB concerns or here for that matter when I actually am on holiday. As for my food, why let good food go cold whilst I photo it and send it to FB et al? If you want to see my new clothes, come and meet me and hope I am wearing something new but most of the time it will not be new
Thanked by: dustie, RonFlorabud