hello all!

Where new members can introduce themselves and others can make them feel welcome :)
MrsBear

hello all!

Post by MrsBear » Sun Jan 20 2019 8:37pm

just taken the plunge and joined! not sure how long it will take me to get my head around it all, but i will give it a go! mainly looking to get a few pennies for a minimum spend and also some cashback on flights etc.

here goes....

Richard Frost

Re: hello all!

Post by Richard Frost » Sun Jan 20 2019 9:15pm

Hi and welcome to the site. Any questions just ask someone here will help and point you in the right direction. Although sometimes it might be a bit convoluted.

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Jan 20 2019 10:18pm

Hi and well come
Thanked by: blythburgh, MrsBear
Politically incorrect since 69

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Sun Jan 20 2019 11:02pm

Welcome , the daily clicks aren't what they used to be ,but you can still make over 3 quid per week

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Jan 21 2019 2:09am

MrsBear wrote:
Sun Jan 20 2019 8:37pm
just taken the plunge and joined! not sure how long it will take me to get my head around it all, but i will give it a go! mainly looking to get a few pennies for a minimum spend and also some cashback on flights etc.

here goes....
That is all here... :thumbup:
Thanked by: dustie, MrsBear

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Jan 21 2019 9:34am

Welcome, MrsBear, and do remember Kevinchess1's comps. I answered a question in the quiz and the number matched the bonus ball in the Lotto and won a £5 Amazon voucher. Our Kev is a very generous person and deserves all the plaudits he can get for running comps here.

Daddy Bear and all the Baby Bears can also have their own account here as well. You will not get rich from any of the sites in the Paid for Action section of the forum but you can earn from them as well. The cashback sites are the best as they take the least time to do.

And if you are considering changing your electricity/gas provider there are a couple of very good cashback offers available. Not from imutual but from the provider. I used Sarah's link (after a thorough check on the company after we decided to switch) and we will be with Bulb from tomorrow and both Sarah and I get £50 from Bulb. viewtopic.php?f=29&t=84832&p=228769&hilit=bulb#p228769 and Beachboy has posted an offer from Octupus (not checked out that provider) viewtopic.php?f=29&t=85830

And remember if you join a smaller energy provider and it goes bust then Ofgem automatically switch you elsewhere so you never loser your power.
Thanked by: dustie, MrsBear, kevinchess1
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Jan 21 2019 3:36pm

Firstly and foremost, Hi and Welcome MrsBear

What imutual is all about is a pretty simple idea: “You get some real hard cash paid back to you when you buy from a vast number of online shops (merchants).”

Most of the major retailers / shops are listed at imutual, and a good chunk of smaller / independents. PLUS utility companies, insurance, car hire comparisons, SIM contracts, SIM cards etc. If the shop (merchant) is listed at imutual, then simply login to your account, search for the shop (merchant) and click through via the imutual link. You will see on the imutual shop (merchant) page what rewards are available for each type of purchase, eg £160 broadband & line rental, £60 broadband only. Once at the shop (merchant) website just carry on and browse and buy as you normally would.

After that, everything is exactly the same. The prices are the same, the service is the same, the shop is the same, you still get the normal Nectar, Loyalty Points, Avios, Credit Card Points, Credit Card Cashback etc. The only difference is that the shop pays imutual a little bit of money for 'sending' you as a customer as in “commission” to imutual. Then imutual passes the “commission” money on to the imutual member whose account the transaction went through.

Most adverts you see online use the same method as imutual except instead of giving us the “commission” cashback they keep it for themselves!!!

With respect to time, it normally takes between several weeks to a few months for the money to be paid. The statement (top of page in centre next to your name) lists all of your transactions with full details.

http://www.imutual.co.uk/statement

The cashback is generally between several pounds to a few hundred pounds depending upon what the original transaction was. Slow and steady the money does build up to thousands of pounds (yes I have cashed out thousands of pounds). You can withdraw it to your bank account, PayPal etc as soon as it turns to 'Awarded' status FREE-of-charge.

The unique characteristic about imutual is "FREE imutual Shares". When you earn cashback, you also receive (free, gratis and for nothing) shares in the imutual PLC company. Right now, they aren't worth the paper they're written on – they're just a number on the screen. But the aim is that if the site ever becomes really big and successful, they will convert into actual genuine real shares, worth actual genuine real money – hard GBP. There's no downside to having the shares (you won't have to invest any money!). The idea is that we all have an interest in the site doing well because we sort of own a bit of it. You can safely ignore the whole thing if you want. (Note – some of the imutual members have formed an entirely separate Share Dealing Club – the imutual Cashback Investment Club – see my comments further down for more info).

Additionally, there are the daily clicks (you do NOT need to buy anything) - you simply click through via imutual to the merchant and do what it says in the description, eg make a flight search and the money tracks. I'm not sure how much the daily clicks add up to per day currently as I have bigger fish to fry. It is however easy money for those who choose to do them day-in day-out.

http://www.imutual.co.uk/easy-cashback

Finally, and by no means the least is the imutual Cashback Investment Club (CIC) where the cashback you earned can if you so wish (this is TOTALLY optional) be transferred into a Club that trades in shares. I personally have invested ALL of my cashback since the inception of the CIC into the CIC – that doesn't mean you have to do the same – but it is an option for you to think about. Further reading:

http://www.imutual.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 23&t=58172

If you have any questions, or just fancy a natter, pop into the forums. We're friendly, have wildly conflicting views, and will offer what random advice we can. There's a proper query function too, but you'll often get a quicker response on the forum. There's also a Help section (top right).

http://www.imutual.co.uk/help

Of use to you will be the reports menu that lists different statistics, both about your own account and imutual in general.

http://www.imutual.co.uk/reports

I wish you every success at imutual and hope you make money, learn new things and meet some extraordinary, genuine and amazing people.

Happy Cashbacking :)

Kind Regards
AAAlphaThunder (pronounced "Triple-A Alpha Thunder")
Thanked by: kevinchess1
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

im181984

Post by im181984 » Sat Feb 09 2019 11:23pm

Hello and welcome
Thanked by: blythburgh