Make £10+ in less than 5 mins work

Money, investing, mutuals etc
Sarah
Posts: 2548
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:01 am
Has thanked: 195 times
Been thanked: 1738 times
Contact:

Re: Make £10+ in less than 5 mins work

Post by Sarah » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:09 am

axelandpixel wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:24 pm
free trading if you don't mind your orders to be executed the next day otherwise, it's just £1 for instant order unlike the traditional brokers which charge up to £12.50 per dealing
That sounds like dealing in actual shares; whereas CFDs and spread bets should always have low trading fees (preferably 0%) as the company that offers them usually makes its own markets, so earns profit from the spread and will be keen to encourage active trading. In the case of CFDs they can also charge interest on long positions (and pay interest on short positions) since the leverage is equivalent to them providing customers with loans or savings.

MrsXfile
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:03 am
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 52 times
Contact:

Re: Make £10+ in less than 5 mins work

Post by MrsXfile » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:59 am

I opened my account and deposited £2 last Thursday.My free share isworth £16 -ish. Ican't for the life of me see how to withdraw this money though. When I try to do so it tells me I can only withdraw £2 - my original deposit. I deposited to theISA when I opened the account.

Can anyone ell me where i'm going wrong?
Thanked by: blythburgh

Sarah
Posts: 2548
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:01 am
Has thanked: 195 times
Been thanked: 1738 times
Contact:

Re: Make £10+ in less than 5 mins work

Post by Sarah » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:58 am

Have you sold the share? I presume you need to do that if you haven't already (see step 4 in original post).

axelandpixel
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:11 pm
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 58 times
Contact:

Re: Make £10+ in less than 5 mins work

Post by axelandpixel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:22 pm

Sarah wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:09 am
axelandpixel wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:24 pm
free trading if you don't mind your orders to be executed the next day otherwise, it's just £1 for instant order unlike the traditional brokers which charge up to £12.50 per dealing
That sounds like dealing in actual shares; whereas CFDs and spread bets should always have low trading fees (preferably 0%) as the company that offers them usually makes its own markets, so earns profit from the spread and will be keen to encourage active trading. In the case of CFDs they can also charge interest on long positions (and pay interest on short positions) since the leverage is equivalent to them providing customers with loans or savings.
Yes, it is investing in actual shares and not CFDs. :thumbup:

blythburgh
Posts: 14853
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 31117 times
Been thanked: 6016 times
Contact:

Re: Make £10+ in less than 5 mins work

Post by blythburgh » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:07 am

MrsXfile wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:59 am
I opened my account and deposited £2 last Thursday.My free share isworth £16 -ish. Ican't for the life of me see how to withdraw this money though. When I try to do so it tells me I can only withdraw £2 - my original deposit. I deposited to theISA when I opened the account.

Can anyone ell me where i'm going wrong?
Anyone sold their shares and so can help MrsXfile?
Thanked by: MrsXfile
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

William Joseph1
Posts: 11584
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2702 times
Been thanked: 6932 times
Contact:

Re: Make £10+ in less than 5 mins work

Post by William Joseph1 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:37 am

blythburgh wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:07 am
MrsXfile wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:59 am
I opened my account and deposited £2 last Thursday.My free share isworth £16 -ish. Ican't for the life of me see how to withdraw this money though. When I try to do so it tells me I can only withdraw £2 - my original deposit. I deposited to theISA when I opened the account.

Can anyone ell me where i'm going wrong?
Anyone sold their shares and so can help MrsXfile?
Expressman33 where are you when you are needed?
Thanked by: blythburgh, MrsXfile
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

expressman33
Posts: 9924
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2477 times
Been thanked: 10385 times
Contact:

Re: Make £10+ in less than 5 mins work

Post by expressman33 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:50 am

blythburgh wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:07 am

Anyone sold their shares and so can help MrsXfile?
I can't recreate what I did as I have sold my share ,but once logged in I think you need to click on the "clock" symbol ( pending orders ) at the bottom of the page and then click on your share sell it
Thanked by: blythburgh, MrsXfile

axelandpixel
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:11 pm
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 58 times
Contact:

Re: Make £10+ in less than 5 mins work

Post by axelandpixel » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:34 pm

MrsXfile wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:59 am
I opened my account and deposited £2 last Thursday.My free share isworth £16 -ish. Ican't for the life of me see how to withdraw this money though. When I try to do so it tells me I can only withdraw £2 - my original deposit. I deposited to theISA when I opened the account.

Can anyone ell me where i'm going wrong?
The free share fund is blocked for 3 days. Only after that you can sell it. I have 2 free shares and just executed to sell 1 (status is still processing). When you log in, you should see your free share on the bottom right away, if not, click the arrow up,arrow down icon (open positions), then click X and confirm to sell.

expressman33
Posts: 9924
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2477 times
Been thanked: 10385 times
Contact:

Re: Make £10+ in less than 5 mins work

Post by expressman33 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:41 am

expressman33 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:20 pm
expressman33 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:19 am
my free share is worth £11.94 but it is in blocked funds at the moment
I put in a request to sell the share yesterday , it has just been sold ( late afternoon ) so I have now requested to withdraw all of my £12.97 ( £1 + £11.97 for the share)
money in my account this morning :thumbup:

expressman33
Posts: 9924
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2477 times
Been thanked: 10385 times
Contact:

Re: Make £10+ in less than 5 mins work

Post by expressman33 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:22 am

Derbiean wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:42 pm
I've given it a go, here is my invite link if anyone else wants to try www.trading212.com/ref/463mguA
where do you find your invite link ?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests