Chelsea loose EFL Cup Final due to Player Power...!?!

Discussions on current sporting events, news etc
Boro Boy
Posts: 3561
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 945 times
Been thanked: 1965 times
Contact:

Chelsea loose EFL Cup Final due to Player Power...!?!

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:29 pm

This is play Power in the extreme: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47352034 :o
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh

kevinchess1
Posts: 22073
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:02 pm
Sharing: 3stars.png
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12503 times
Been thanked: 15885 times
Contact:

Re: Chelsea loose EFL Cup Final due to Player Power...!?!

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:50 pm

How can you not be substituted?
Never heard of that happening before
Suspect he will be transferred... oh wait
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

Derbiean
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 517 times
Contact:

Re: Chelsea loose EFL Cup Final due to Player Power...!?!

Post by Derbiean » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:47 am

The ref should have told the player to get off, extraordinary event.

Boro Boy
Posts: 3561
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 945 times
Been thanked: 1965 times
Contact:

Re: Chelsea loose EFL Cup Final due to Player Power...!?!

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:01 am

Derbiean wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:47 am
The ref should have told the player to get off, extraordinary event.
I don't know if it's the Ref that's at fault, it's a difficult one... :crazy:
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh
Posts: 14043
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 29174 times
Been thanked: 5685 times
Contact:

Re: Chelsea loose EFL Cup Final due to Player Power...!?!

Post by blythburgh » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:40 am

From what I have heard goalie had cramp so manager wants to send on someone else. Goalie decides he has got over the cramp and fit to stay so does so.

I would have thought if a manager says go then you have to go.

But the goalie cost Chelsea £70m so feels he is a big cheese at the club. And the manager's job is allegedly on the line before the match.

I agree that the ref should have told the goalie to get off the pitch.

Once upon a time players were little more than slaves who could be bought and sold at will with not a large wagepacket. Now it seems that at least one player thinks he is god rather than the manager being "he who must be obeyed in all things".
Thanked by: Boro Boy
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy
Posts: 3561
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 945 times
Been thanked: 1965 times
Contact:

Re: Chelsea loose EFL Cup Final due to Player Power...!?!

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:29 am

blythburgh wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:40 am
From what I have heard goalie had cramp so manager wants to send on someone else. Goalie decides he has got over the cramp and fit to stay so does so.

I would have thought if a manager says go then you have to go.

But the goalie cost Chelsea £70m so feels he is a big cheese at the club. And the manager's job is allegedly on the line before the match.

I agree that the ref should have told the goalie to get off the pitch.

Once upon a time players were little more than slaves who could be bought and sold at will with not a large wagepacket. Now it seems that at least one player thinks he is god rather than the manager being "he who must be obeyed in all things".
So what happens next... the manager has to pay the player reparations...?
Thanked by: blythburgh

William Joseph1
Posts: 11080
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2485 times
Been thanked: 6378 times
Contact:

Chelsea lose EFL Cup Final due to Player Power...!?!

Post by William Joseph1 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:42 am

.
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

expressman33
Posts: 9293
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2286 times
Been thanked: 9668 times
Contact:

Re: Chelsea loose EFL Cup Final due to Player Power...!?!

Post by expressman33 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:19 pm

what would happen at work if your boss gave you a job and you refused - short cut to the dole office
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy
Posts: 3561
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 945 times
Been thanked: 1965 times
Contact:

Re: Chelsea loose EFL Cup Final due to Player Power...!?!

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:21 pm

expressman33 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:19 pm
what would happen at work if your boss gave you a job and you refused - short cut to the dole office

But if you and your colleagues were paid more that your boss and the directors considered you all as key workers and a more valuable asset that your boss then the above statement may change... :crazy:
Thanked by: blythburgh

Derbiean
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 517 times
Contact:

Re: Chelsea loose EFL Cup Final due to Player Power...!?!

Post by Derbiean » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:27 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:01 am
Derbiean wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:47 am
The ref should have told the player to get off, extraordinary event.
I don't know if it's the Ref that's at fault, it's a difficult one... :crazy:
No the ref isn't at fault its Kepa clearly but I'd have thought if the manager has the made the decision to take a player off and confirms this to the ref then the ref can tell the player in question he must leave the field of play, if he refuses then book him and warn him he will be sent off if he doesn't start moving.

Apparently, the ref has no power to intervene according to Dermot Gallegher on skysports which I'm surprised by but does explain the situation a bit more.
Thanked by: blythburgh, kevinchess1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest