IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Media articles about money-saving topics
pabenny

Re: IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Post by pabenny » Mon Feb 25 2019 6:59am

Derbean wrote:...perhaps the reason people are turning out in a certain way because they can always blame someone else for their behaviour...
This is not a fair representation of the views being expressed here. We are all responsible for our own actions - but it's also necessary to look at context. With the continuous stream of hostilty towards Muslims, it's little surprise that a handful choose to kick back.

To repeat, that doesn't absolve terrorists from responsibility, but it does speak to the society we have created.

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Mon Feb 25 2019 8:43am

William Joseph1 wrote:
Sun Feb 24 2019 7:03pm
Citizens elect their representatives who create and carry out policy. If society is not right and is going in the "wrong" direction then citizens have a duty to examine their consciences and demand that those in authority change direction if they fail to. Then it is citizens who have the to power to change them at the ballot box.

In our so called democracy, It is citizens who are supposed to be calling the shots by electing the people we want to represent us.
Cause and effect.

You like I am are entitled to our opinions and I reject the notion entirely that I am in some way naive. If you can't understand how democracy is supposed to work, then it is you my friend whom has a degree of naivety.
You can believe you're superior to anyone who has the audacity to disagree with you but unfortunately you're not, I know very how democracy works thank you very much I voted against the current powers that be ergo I am in no way responsible for the behaviour of scumbags.

And you're not my friend you patronising sod.

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Feb 25 2019 8:51am

Derbiean wrote:
Mon Feb 25 2019 8:43am

You can believe you're superior to anyone who has the audacity to disagree with you but unfortunately you're not, I know very how democracy works thank you very much I voted against the current powers that be ergo I am in no way responsible for the behaviour of scumbags.

And you're not my friend you patronising sod.
An attitude like that says a lot as to why people act the way they do nowadays and the world we currently live in. Have a good day!
Thanked by: Kelantan, blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Feb 25 2019 9:57am

pabenny wrote:
Mon Feb 25 2019 6:59am
Derbean wrote:...perhaps the reason people are turning out in a certain way because they can always blame someone else for their behaviour...
This is not a fair representation of the views being expressed here. We are all responsible for our own actions - but it's also necessary to look at context. With the continuous stream of hostilty towards Muslims, it's little surprise that a handful choose to kick back.

To repeat, that doesn't absolve terrorists from responsibility, but it does speak to the society we have created.
I see no hostility towards Muslims here, the hostility (as you describe it) is directed towards IS (who happen to claim themselves muslim) and those that support this murderous organisation, so it is wrong of you (to use typical political tactics) to deflect this thread off as an argument on religious grounds (in an attempt to shame discussion) when it so obviously is not.
Thanked by: stockportcounty

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Feb 25 2019 10:53am

I think the attitude of some in this country is very anti Muslim but that does not mean anyone on here is openly anti Muslim.

And to go back to a previous post I have always been led to believe that Parliament is supposed to think about something, debate and then vote in what is considered to be the best way. I admit far too often it is rather a case of how the Whips say you should vote rather than how you want. But in the end conscience can at times be at odds with what the Whips want and the MP rebels.

If MP's were led through the nose by "public opinion" we would still have the birch, hanging, no abortion laws, no gay rights etc. Public Opinion can be the voice of the vocal minority rather than the masses. And even the opinion polls might not truly reflect the majority view.

MP's should lead the way not be led through the nose of what might only be a vocal minority.

And why cannot we agree to disagree without insulting each other?
Thanked by: Boro Boy
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Feb 25 2019 11:22am

blythburgh wrote:
Mon Feb 25 2019 10:53am

MP's should lead the way not be led through the nose of what might only be a vocal minority.

And why cannot we agree to disagree without insulting each other?
If only...

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Mon Feb 25 2019 11:31am

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Feb 25 2019 9:57am
I see no hostility towards Muslims here, the hostility (as you describe it) is directed towards IS (who happen to claim themselves muslim) and those that support this murderous organisation, so it is wrong of you (to use typical political tactics) to deflect this thread off as an argument on religious grounds (in an attempt to shame discussion) when it so obviously is not.
I think you've misunderstood - perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I've not seen anyone here being anti-Muslim and I had no intention to take discussion into an argument on religious grounds. I was referring to hostility towards Muslims (and immigrants) in the country at large, particularly in the red-top newspapers. Given that, I can understand why a very few choose to kick back - although that does not excuse terrorism at all

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Feb 25 2019 11:31am

Nothing excuses killing innocent people.
Thanked by: Boro Boy, stockportcounty
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Feb 25 2019 11:46am

blythburgh wrote:
Mon Feb 25 2019 11:31am
...or those supporting such actions!

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Mon Feb 25 2019 12:33pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Feb 25 2019 11:46am
blythburgh wrote:
Mon Feb 25 2019 11:31am
...or those supporting such actions!
So does that mean that you oppose western military action in Syria, Afghanistan, etc?