What ever happened to....

Boro Boy

Re: What ever happened to....

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:46 am

pabenny wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:33 am
I really don't know why BoroBoy goes on and on and on about share certificates. As has been discussed before many times, he seems to be the only person that cares/thinks they are important.

Richard has said that significant re-writes of code are a priority. The trouble with things like that - and the server migration - is that they are almost invisible to users and so we get the impression that nothing is happening.
..and perhaps we would have had to wait a long time to find that out if I had never asked...!?! Don't worry no need to thank me. :thumbup:

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:21 pm

pabenny wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:33 am
I really don't know why BoroBoy goes on and on and on about share certificates. As has been discussed before many times, he seems to be the only person that cares/thinks they are important.

Richard has said that significant re-writes of code are a priority. The trouble with things like that - and the server migration - is that they are almost invisible to users and so we get the impression that nothing is happening.
I care.
Thanked by: Boro Boy
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:23 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:12 am
Chadwick wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:23 pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:26 am
Meanwhile, we see aspects of regular iMutual life disappearing...
When we've finished wringing our hands, what do you think should be done about this?
For example, are you volunteering to run the caption competition?

Not wringing hands or volunteering for anything (who run the caption competion before?) but merely stimulating conversation which if you read the thread above you will see some answers from Richard for all to view...
Sure, but we need to move the conversation on now. We can sit around moaning about the good old days, or we can make some suggestions about how to change matters to our liking.
Thanked by: pabenny

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:57 pm

Chadwick wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:23 pm
We can sit around moaning about the good old days, or we can make some suggestions about how to change matters to our liking.
Chadwick wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:23 pm
For example, are you volunteering...
Who's going to be the first to say "We should do this and I'm willing to take a lead"?

There are various contests organised by one of our number; we have the cashback investment club, and at least one member tells how she promotes IM on other sites at any opportunity.
Thanked by: blythburgh, kevinchess1

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:52 pm

I don't mind organising a caption competition. If that offer is taken up by Richard it would be useful if other members also regularly sent me a PM with any funny pictures they come across so that I could build up a stock to pick from (which would be useful for weeks when I might be short of time). Also whilst I might be away on holiday the Caption Competition might take a break for an odd week too if no one else can step in for that week.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:08 am

Beachboy wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:52 pm
I don't mind organising a caption competition. If that offer is taken up by Richard it would be useful if other members also regularly sent me a PM with any funny pictures they come across so that I could build up a stock to pick from (which would be useful for weeks when I might be short of time). Also whilst I might be away on holiday the Caption Competition might take a break for an odd week too if no one else can step in for that week.
Thank you
Thanked by: cashbackqueen
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:13 am

Beachboy wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:52 pm
I don't mind organising a caption competition.
You should message Richard directly (if you haven't already done so).
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:08 am

Great news Richard; thank you for the updated share certificate issue.

I hope it also has the effect of reminding some members who perhaps previously visit the website less frequently of the benefits available to be accessed here and solidifying their understanding of the "mutual" structure of iMutual. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Perhaps now we could have a regular annual date when future certificates are issued?

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:26 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:08 am

Perhaps now we could have a regular annual date when future certificates are issued?
April 1st ( Starting 2020) :)
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:24 pm

Ironic that the roll out of new Share Certificates and contact with the less active members is the same day that the web click through links to merchants is down...! :thumbdown:

Is the fault on our servers and links or the other end?