White Saviour...!?!

Media articles about money-saving topics
William Joseph1
Posts: 11396
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2624 times
Been thanked: 6720 times
Contact:

Re: White Saviour...!?!

Post by William Joseph1 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:23 pm

In all of these cases it is mainly about politics and the need to score points over those on the the other side. If only politicians were to work for the needs and wants of the country rather than their own and perceived party interests. There are far more important things happening at the moment that need to be dealt with.

Amber Rudd's mistake was an honest one and she will survive. Karen Bradly I think showed a distinct lack of knowledge (not for the first time) about the community she seeks to serve and I think she will probably end up resigning. Why, when Chris Grayling can get away with so much, I don't know?
Thanked by: Dream on, pabenny, blythburgh
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

expressman33
Posts: 9637
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2385 times
Been thanked: 10097 times
Contact:

Re: White Saviour...!?!

Post by expressman33 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:13 pm

Take a pinch of white man
Wrap him up in black skin
Add a touch of blue blood
And a little bitty bit of red Indian boy
Oh like a Curly Latin kinkies
Oh Lordy, Lordy, mixed with yellow Chinkees, yeah
You know you lump it all together
And you got a recipe for a get along scene
Oh what a beautiful dream
If it could only come true, you know, you know

What we need is a great big melting pot
Big enough enough enough to take
The world and all its got And keep it stirring for a hundred years or more
And turn out coffee coloured people by the score

macliam
Posts: 8062
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1405 times
Been thanked: 7012 times
Contact:

Re: White Saviour...!?!

Post by macliam » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:31 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:12 am
When will people realise it is not necessarily the works but the intention behind them that is important...?
I find myself in the unusual position of almost agreeing with Boro Boy :?

Words in common usage in my youth are no longer acceptable - but the usage is fluid, what is good today might fall out of favour tomorrow, and vice-versa. When I was a kid, nobody used the term "black" when referring to a non-caucasian - so "coloured" was the go-to term. The "N" word was never OK, even if it is used amongst rappers. Equally, hardly anyone used the full term "Japanese" to describe citizens of the Land of the Rising Sun - and many other nationalities or races had their shortcut terms, rarely used in malice.

But it's the way terms are used that is important - I've been called a "Fenian b***ard" more than a few times - mostly in jest, but sometimes not. Now, I have no objection to being called a Fenian and were the rest to be true it would hardly be my fault - but when spat out with vehemence, it raises my hackles.

Should I also object to being described as white, or as a "goy" by my Jewish colleagues - I do draw the line at being called a "Rosbif" in Portugal because it's factually wrong (and even when I try to explain why I end up being thought of as Dutch, because "Irlandes" is confused with "Hollandes" because the "H" isn't pronounced)
Thanked by: blythburgh, dustie
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

macliam
Posts: 8062
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1405 times
Been thanked: 7012 times
Contact:

Re: White Saviour...!?!

Post by macliam » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:46 pm

expressman33 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:13 pm
Take a pinch of white man
Wrap him up in black skin
Add a touch of blue blood
And a little bitty bit of red Indian boy
Oh like a Curly Latin kinkies
Oh Lordy, Lordy, mixed with yellow Chinkees, yeah
You know you lump it all together
And you got a recipe for a get along scene
Oh what a beautiful dream
If it could only come true, you know, you know

What we need is a great big melting pot
Big enough enough enough to take
The world and all its got And keep it stirring for a hundred years or more
And turn out coffee coloured people by the score
Ah, Blue Mink...... not my scent, but indicative

At the weekend I listened to a Specials album bought by my niece, who has rediscovered bluebeat. I educated her about ska. It made me think back to those days and the hopes we had for the future, despite the obvious issues of the day. Those hopes didn't include any of the sh*t we're currently going through....

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.....
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 24429
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 3488 times
Contact:

Re: White Saviour...!?!

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:35 pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:42 am
Total posts in thread = 2

Post 1:
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:01 am
Labour MP David Lammy shoots himself in the foot? https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/st ... spartanntp :crazy:
Post 2:
Boro Boy wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:51 pm
White, Black or as Amber Rudd says: Coloured?
What a difference a Man makes.
Thanked by: blythburgh
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Boro Boy
Posts: 3957
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 1015 times
Been thanked: 2130 times
Contact:

Re: White Saviour...!?!

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:15 am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:35 pm
AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:42 am
Total posts in thread = 2

Post 1:
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:01 am
Labour MP David Lammy shoots himself in the foot? https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/st ... spartanntp :crazy:
Post 2:
Boro Boy wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:51 pm
White, Black or as Amber Rudd says: Coloured?
What a difference a Man makes.
...and your point is? :wtf:

PS: that makes 3 posts...

blythburgh
Posts: 14515
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 30313 times
Been thanked: 5898 times
Contact:

Re: White Saviour...!?!

Post by blythburgh » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:15 am

macliam wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:31 pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:12 am
When will people realise it is not necessarily the works but the intention behind them that is important...?
I find myself in the unusual position of almost agreeing with Boro Boy :?

Words in common usage in my youth are no longer acceptable - but the usage is fluid, what is good today might fall out of favour tomorrow, and vice-versa. When I was a kid, nobody used the term "black" when referring to a non-caucasian - so "coloured" was the go-to term. The "N" word was never OK, even if it is used amongst rappers. Equally, hardly anyone used the full term "Japanese" to describe citizens of the Land of the Rising Sun - and many other nationalities or races had their shortcut terms, rarely used in malice.

But it's the way terms are used that is important - I've been called a "Fenian b***ard" more than a few times - mostly in jest, but sometimes not. Now, I have no objection to being called a Fenian and were the rest to be true it would hardly be my fault - but when spat out with vehemence, it raises my hackles.

Should I also object to being described as white, or as a "goy" by my Jewish colleagues - I do draw the line at being called a "Rosbif" in Portugal because it's factually wrong (and even when I try to explain why I end up being thought of as Dutch, because "Irlandes" is confused with "Hollandes" because the "H" isn't pronounced)
Rappers use the word spelt with ga at the end not ger. Not sure if anyone who is not of African descent is allowed to use the word however you spell/pronounce it
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

planteria
Posts: 5198
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:52 pm
Location: Going down the Wednesbury Road
Has thanked: 419 times
Been thanked: 1561 times
Contact:

Re: White Saviour...!?!

Post by planteria » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:04 pm

you're right re AR blyth.. the point she was trying to make was the right one, but that didn't matter, even to the person she was referencing, because opportunistic negativity is the game being played. DL is just another racist clown, consistently banging the same outdated drum.
there are some people who are behind the times, blundering occasionally as a result, and some of them are in high profile roles. but we have collectively moved on and almost none of us care.
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh
Posts: 14515
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 30313 times
Been thanked: 5898 times
Contact:

Re: White Saviour...!?!

Post by blythburgh » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:07 pm

I have no time for Ms Abbott but even less for those who attack her because she is a woman and black.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

planteria
Posts: 5198
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:52 pm
Location: Going down the Wednesbury Road
Has thanked: 419 times
Been thanked: 1561 times
Contact:

Re: White Saviour...!?!

Post by planteria » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:13 pm

i've never known anyone who has attacked her, or anyone else for that matter, for either of those things. ime everyone is entirely disinterested in her sex or race. it's just the fact that she rarely understands the subject matter and has incredibly little to offer.
Thanked by: pabenny

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest