IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Media articles about money-saving topics
macliam

Re: IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Post by macliam » Sat Mar 09 2019 2:35am

Who, exactly, are "they"??
Shamima Begum was born, raised and educated in Britain.
Over 400 daesh fighters have already returned.
"They" are already here and being fed by your ignorant prejudice.
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sat Mar 09 2019 9:01am

I understand why people are concerned about the threat to life and limb and property from extremists, such as IS.

Yet it's worth getting a bit of perspective. There are around 4 deaths a year* in the UK as a result of terrorist incidents, and about that number every day on Britain's roads.** Yet people get very upset about speed cameras and other measures to reduce speeds (speeding is a major contributor to road deaths). Parents persist in driving their children to school, adding to congestion, pollution and increasing the risk of accident. etc

Of course terrorism is a Bad Thing. Yet we get far more angry about terrorists than motorists.

-------
* 54,excluding perpetrators in the period 2011-2016 -source Commons Library Briefing
**1,793 in 2017 - an average of 4.9/day - source ONS

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Mar 09 2019 11:03am

It is a tragedy that this poor couple have now lost 3 children. But they are no different to any other family in that refugee camp. So many of them have lost children.

It is not Sajid Javid who has blood on his hands but the people who radicalised Shamina Begum and her husband. They and Assad have so much blood on their hands.

Bu twhat if the Govt. had put at risk the lives of Embassy staff in the area to get the baby out with or without it's Mother and they had been killed. Then the Govt really would have blood on its hands.

And pabenny's post above deserves post of the year let alone post of the month. It is the roads that are killers and we hate anything that stops us driving as we wish. And, if like David Beckham, you are rich then you can hire the correct law team and get away with speeding in a built up area. He could have killed a child but he gets away with it on a technicality
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Kelantan

Post by Kelantan » Sat Mar 09 2019 11:32am

blythburgh wrote:
Sat Mar 09 2019 11:03am
Bu twhat if the Govt. had put at risk the lives of Embassy staff in the area to get the baby out with or without it's Mother and they had been killed. Then the Govt really would have blood on its hands.
As has been said several times. There are no Embassy staff/is no Consular assistance in the area. Its a war zone, in case no one had realised.

macliam

Post by macliam » Sat Mar 09 2019 6:09pm

Dream on wrote:
Sat Mar 09 2019 11:32am
blythburgh wrote:
Sat Mar 09 2019 11:03am
As has been said several times. There are no Embassy staff/is no Consular assistance in the area. Its a war zone, in case no one had realised.
She was resourceful enough to get there and to survive in conditions we cannot imagine - so I have no doubt she could have got herself out, had Javid not raised the bar by making her stateless.

I have my doubts that the baby could have been saved - but I am somewhat shocked at people suggesting that she should have given up her newborn, having already lost 2 children. Her son died at the end of 2018, her eldest daughter died earlier this year and now her second son has died. Whatever punishment you might think she deserves, I think she has already paid a heavy price.

As for those suggesting the child was being used as a "bargaining chip", I think they need to take a step back and look at themselves .... 9 months ago the caliphate was still viable and she still had 2 children - so to suggest that this child was being "used" is colder that the cold killers of daesh.

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Sat Mar 09 2019 8:49pm

As much as I despise the government they do not have the baby's blood on their hands, the circumstances made it impossible for a happy ending for the poor baby. I feel for the woman, losing 3 children in such a short space of time is unbelievably brutal.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Mar 10 2019 12:04am

macliam wrote:
Sat Mar 09 2019 2:35am
Who, exactly, are "they"??
Shamima Begum was born, raised and educated in Britain.
Over 400 daesh fighters have already returned.
"They" are already here and being fed by your ignorant prejudice.

No they are being fed by your ignorance that these people are killers and laugh at the weak infidels :wave:
Thanked by: macliam

macliam

Post by macliam » Sun Mar 10 2019 12:17am

I feel you can teach much about ignorance - and prejudice. If you actually considered things rather than just reacting to what you are told, you might actually have an original thought once in a while.

If all you can do is trot out inane tags, I think we're done here.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Mar 10 2019 12:21am

Original Thought: Don't be foolish enough to accept into our bossom those who what to destroy our way of life. "Simples!"

macliam

Post by macliam » Sun Mar 10 2019 12:28am

Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Mar 10 2019 12:21am
Original Thought: Don't be foolish enough to accept into our bossom those who what to destroy our way of life. "Simples!"
Try that in English? :roll: