Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
Boro Boy

Re: Yer jokin aren't yer?

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:24 am

blythburgh wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:53 am
xrppzi wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:52 am
I remember making an effort to visit a club in my local town when it was bad times for me and I was feeling very alone. I was welcomed at the door by an elderly gentleman who put an arm round my shoulders and said "Hello love, pleased to see you, come on in". Just what I needed, but unlikely to happen now.

Being addressed as love or the equivalent automatically dropped barriers if you chose to go with it and I miss it!
Sexist and demeaning behaviour these days according to the chattering classes so nobody would dare do it today. In the same way as men are afraid to smile or say hello to a child as they walk past (and do not intend to stop walkin) these days. So much has been lost and people are becoming more and more insulated. No wonder the young as well as the elderly tallk about being lonely.
Time for the silent majority to do something about it then...?
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:57 am

A smile or hello as you pass in the street does not go amiss. Can make "the invisible" feel invisible. And you might find it easier to talk to the person in your eye line but do remember the person in the wheelchair can join in the conversation too
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

planteria

Post by planteria » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:04 am

one of my old pals, and customers, in my home town was sat at his kitchen/meeting table with his now son-in-law, my boss from Wiltshire, and myself. young Dave (s-i-l) said to old Dave (op) "Old 'Arry came in earlier" and his reply "Old 'Arry!? Eeaybinupayerinfowerayer".

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:29 am

planteria wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:04 am
one of my old pals, and customers, in my home town was sat at his kitchen/meeting table with his now son-in-law, my boss from Wiltshire, and myself. young Dave (s-i-l) said to old Dave (op) "Old 'Arry came in earlier" and his reply "Old 'Arry!? Eeaybinupayerinfowerayer".
Yer jokin aren't yer? :lol: :lol: :lol:

macliam

Post by macliam » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:32 am

planteria wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:04 am
Moonrakers :roll:
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me