IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Media articles about money-saving topics
blythburgh

Re: IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Post by blythburgh » Mon Mar 11 2019 10:35am

Reasons for letting her and other Daesh brides back:

They were born here and we let them be radicalised.

It stops them being martyrs

It stops them being Daish poster girls.

The country of their parents birth does not want to accept them as they were not born there or have even lived there.

Reasons for not her and other Daesh brides back:

It would cost too much too deradicalise her and she could infect those around her

I would let them back but not without a "welcoming" committee.
Thanked by: RonFlorabud
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Mar 11 2019 4:10pm

macliam wrote:
Mon Mar 11 2019 1:33am
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Mar 11 2019 12:20am
This weekend I went to the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway, they have one of the largest model railway layouts in the UK at New Romney Station where I greatly enjoyed pushing buttons; you should have come with me as you seem to like trying to push buttons!

Truth is I don't know why you or indeed anyone on here needs to get personal or vindictive with their comments - but you still persist... shame it is so demeaning but you seem to love distorting matters to embrace victimhood and bulling those who do not agree. Oh well have your fun, just do us all a favour and leave the personal bit out... :wave:
Grow up! You have so many buttons, you must look like the pearly king....
But, as long as you keep posting things for me to rebut, I (and others) will continue to point out the flaws in your reasoning - this is not your personal playground where you can trot out your prejudices and expect applause. To this end, I would point out that it is you who seems to be embracing victimhood - I think you'll be hard pressed to find an example where I do - and if countering your comments is bullying, then Lord help us all.
...and what are your prejudices? Anyone who has a different view to you? :wtf:

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Mar 11 2019 4:24pm

pabenny wrote:
Mon Mar 11 2019 7:06am
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Mar 11 2019 12:20am
Truth is I don't know why ...anyone on here needs to get personal or vindictive with their comments...bulling those who do not agree.
I've just (quickly) reviewed the whole thread. I saw couple of fairly mild personal comments - people calling each other naive. Vindictive - yes, towards IS and their like. And nothing that might be called bullying.

There are clearly some strongly held views and for the most part discussion has remained civil. But the last few posts have degenerated.

Everyone
- let's try to avoid personal comments
- maybe avoid phrases such as "people like you" when what is meant is "people with similar views". That way it sounds less personal
- let's also try to avoid rising to them. There are some who are too ready to take offence at what they see as personal comments when they are simply disagreement.
Saying someone is naïve is just a comment and not given with malice or bad intent.

In short, it's not what is said it is the way it is said by some that is sad.

Some do not sound to have good intent and wait to pounce on peoples comments and I will always think that this will scare off the newer members. Every 6 months or so we all go through this self regulating again but the truth is many walls may have ears but they don't listen.

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Mar 11 2019 4:41pm

Derbiean wrote:
Mon Mar 11 2019 8:41am
macliam wrote:
Sun Mar 10 2019 11:45pm
Derbiean wrote:
Sun Mar 10 2019 10:50pm

USA he'd be in good company :problem: or as I said bring back the death penalty.
yeah and let's reintroduce witch burning and dragon slaying while were at it. :roll:
What have you got against dragons? :mrgreen: In any case there is merit to using the death penalty for the extremely serious cases.
I've known a few dragons.... and a witch or two ;)

As to your claim regarding capital punishment, that's a whole new discussion. However, whilst you may feel there is merit, your opinion is not one I share.

In my opinion there is no merit in the penalty and valid arguments against it - not the least being the negligible impact of such punishment on criminality (check the stats for US states). A bit like leaving Shamima to rot, it might appease a thirst for vengeance, but it doesn't actually move us forward or prevent future criminality overall.

I now await someone to come up with the brilliant insight that it will stop the condemned from committing future crimes (like Shamima) - but I'm more concerned with the overall impact on society than on one sorry individual.
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Mar 11 2019 5:06pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Mar 11 2019 4:10pm
..and what are your prejudices? Anyone who has a different view to you? :wtf:
I'm sure you would be quick to point them out ;) - and again, I reserve the right to make my point robustly. If I actually posted what I though about some comments, you'd probably blow a valve. :o I am guilty of not always framing my comments as my opinion - but I never claim that everyone supports me and I'm ready to back up my claims, if challenged.
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Mar 11 2019 4:24pm
Saying someone is naïve is just a comment and not given with malice or bad intent.

In short, it's not what is said it is the way it is said by some that is sad.
Actually, suggesting someone is naïve is malicious, when the intent is not to comment on the person, but to demean their argument.
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Mar 11 2019 4:24pm
Some do not sound to have good intent and wait to pounce on peoples comments and I will always think that this will scare off the newer members. Every 6 months or so we all go through this self regulating again but the truth is many walls may have ears but they don't listen.
(my highlighting) You are the only one who regularly resorts to this claim - usually when you your arguments are rebuffed. However, you are also the one who is regularly challenged for spinning news in support of your own views..... and that has also been discussed on many occasions. So you'll excuse my cynicism when you claim to speak for the good of the forum.

I think this has given enough oxygen to the subject.

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Mar 11 2019 5:18pm

Meanwhile back on track, Although I can't resist saying that some people will always want to be seen as victims and are never in the wrong. Even though the evidence is overwhelming.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/100114/what-w ... newsletter

Jeremy Hunt wants to Repatriate the children. This assumes of course that those whom Savid Javid has stripped of their citizenship want their children bought up in a country that does not want them, the parents. What will he do with them I wonder? Foster Homes? I thought there was a national Shortage of Foster carers. Maybe he is expecting the Grandparents to care for them. Will they want to? A lot more thinking to be done I suggest.
Thanked by: macliam, Kelantan

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Mar 11 2019 5:59pm

It sounds to me like one politician seeking to profit from criticisms of the actions another politician sought to profit from....and both are equally badly thought through.

Unfortunately, once the soundbites die down, these kids would be dumped into a system that can't deal with them - because there is no will to see the issue resolved. They will end up being landed on people who are unaware of their issues and/or ill-equipped to deal with them without support, like the Parsons Green bomber's foster parents https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47483887
Thanked by: Richard Frost, Kelantan

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Apr 15 2019 11:53am

Shamima Begum: IS bride 'given legal aid' for citizenship fight
Story here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47934721

Oggy

Post by Oggy » Mon Apr 15 2019 12:12pm

An effing disgrace. :(
Thanked by: RonFlorabud

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Apr 15 2019 12:19pm

[/quote]
William Joseph1 wrote:
Mon Apr 15 2019 11:53am
Shamima Begum: IS bride 'given legal aid' for citizenship fight
Story here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47934721
Oggy wrote:
Mon Apr 15 2019 12:12pm
An effing disgrace. :(
Well, that's an interesting assessment - a board charged with deciding on the allocation of limited legal aid funding has decided that the request has merit - and you think that's a disgrace :roll:

At the same time, and strangely preemptive of this decision, reports have been published that she sewed people into suicide vests and was active in the daesh "morality police". This was reported in the Independent as having been reported in the Telegraph...... I don't know about you, but I always feel uncomfortable when one newspaper uses another to "prove" its claims. :shifty:

I have always said that she should face whatever charges are brought against her, but these reports can only prejudice the chances of a fair trial. Odd that they should be published just as the family have succeeded in gaining legal aid support, eh? :eh: