Essex idiot?

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh
Posts: 14490
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 30255 times
Been thanked: 5866 times
Contact:

Re: Essex idiot?

Post by blythburgh » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:45 am

William Joseph1 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:31 am
I was an Essex boy. It is so wrong to tar everyone with the same brush.
I have been on holiday more than once to the North East part of Essex and found the people delightful. I have friends who are from Essex all intelligen people. And a neighbour is an "Essex girl" but I have never seen her in white shoes :lol: Not only is this neighbour intelligent she is one of the very wisest people I have ever known.

Intelligence does not mean wise. The most intelligent person I have ever known is also one of the most gullible despite her MSc and career. And she was born and raised in Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire.

The man on the TV just happened to be an Essex Man but I am sure I can find an idiot in every county.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam
Posts: 8059
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1405 times
Been thanked: 7008 times
Contact:

Re: Essex idiot?

Post by macliam » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:12 pm

blythburgh wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:45 am
William Joseph1 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:31 am
I was an Essex boy. It is so wrong to tar everyone with the same brush.
I have been on holiday more than once to the North East part of Essex and found the people delightful. I have friends who are from Essex all intelligen people. And a neighbour is an "Essex girl" but I have never seen her in white shoes :lol: Not only is this neighbour intelligent she is one of the very wisest people I have ever known.
.... hence no longer living in Essex ;)
blythburgh wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:45 am
Intelligence does not mean wise. The most intelligent person I have ever known is also one of the most gullible despite her MSc and career. And she was born and raised in Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
Neither are indicators of "intelligence", just education and opportunity
blythburgh wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:45 am
The man on the TV just happened to be an Essex Man but I am sure I can find an idiot in every county.
Plenty hov'um round ere, bor - swye all the MPs are Tories !!
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh
Posts: 14490
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 30255 times
Been thanked: 5866 times
Contact:

Re: Essex idiot?

Post by blythburgh » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:45 am

People leave the county of their birth for many reasons. I am sure many Essex "ex paats" still love the county
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy
Posts: 3932
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 1009 times
Been thanked: 2118 times
Contact:

Re: Essex idiot?

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:01 am

Essex has the very best jam... A little trip to the café at the Wilkin & Sons factory in Tiptree (recommended) and I'm sure you would be saying the same... :)

Also see: https://www.tiptree.com

You'd be an idiot not to go there...! ;)
Thanked by: blythburgh

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 24408
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 3483 times
Contact:

Re: Essex idiot?

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:29 am

Jam tomorrow.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

blythburgh
Posts: 14490
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 30255 times
Been thanked: 5866 times
Contact:

Re: Essex idiot?

Post by blythburgh » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:02 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:01 am
Essex has the very best jam... A little trip to the café at the Wilkin & Sons factory in Tiptree (recommended) and I'm sure you would be saying the same... :)

Also see: https://www.tiptree.com

You'd be an idiot not to go there...! ;)

You have not tried Fruits of Suffolk obviously
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy
Posts: 3932
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 1009 times
Been thanked: 2118 times
Contact:

Re: Essex idiot?

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:15 am

blythburgh wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:02 am
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:01 am
Essex has the very best jam... A little trip to the café at the Wilkin & Sons factory in Tiptree (recommended) and I'm sure you would be saying the same... :)

Also see: https://www.tiptree.com

You'd be an idiot not to go there...! ;)

You have not tried Fruits of Suffolk obviously
You obviously have a geographical issue; I thought we were talking about Essex otherwise I'd be telling you about a trip to Dundee...

macliam
Posts: 8059
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1405 times
Been thanked: 7008 times
Contact:

Re: Essex idiot?

Post by macliam » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:28 pm

Actually, traditional British jam uses less fruit and more sugar than continental conserves - "extra" jam was an attempt to correct this. I prefer the St.Dalfour spreads, sweetened by grape must, not cane sugar.
I have to say I had to check when it changed from "no sugar" to "no cane sugar", in case that meant they were just sneaking beet sugar through the back-door - but it uses a natural extract from the fruit after winemaking, I guess someone pointed out to them that this contains natural sugars.

One amazing thing they have in Portugal is "Agua Mel" a syrup made by evaporating the water used to clean honeycombs after the honey has been extracted. It becomes a dark, unctious caramel syrup - and it's 100% natural, but not licensed for sale (so still a homemade thing). Its anti-oxidant and antibacterial properties are said to be higher than actual honey.... if you go there, try it!!
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

William Joseph1
Posts: 11365
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2603 times
Been thanked: 6681 times
Contact:

Re: Essex idiot?

Post by William Joseph1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:55 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:15 am
blythburgh wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:02 am
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:01 am
Essex has the very best jam... A little trip to the café at the Wilkin & Sons factory in Tiptree (recommended) and I'm sure you would be saying the same... :)

Also see: https://www.tiptree.com

You'd be an idiot not to go there...! ;)

You have not tried Fruits of Suffolk obviously
You obviously have a geographical issue; I thought we were talking about Essex otherwise I'd be telling you about a trip to Dundee...
I actually thought the topic was about idiots in Essex and had nothing to do with Jam. But IMO the thread should be allowed to go whatever way it meanders. That's the idiotic thing about it.
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

macliam
Posts: 8059
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1405 times
Been thanked: 7008 times
Contact:

Re: Essex idiot?

Post by macliam » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:13 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:55 pm
I actually thought the topic was about idiots in Essex and had nothing to do with Jam. But IMO the thread should be allowed to go whatever way it meanders. That's the idiotic thing about it.
:thumbup: you know it makes sense!
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest