I'm surprised Boro Boy has not complained about this yet

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
William Joseph1

I'm surprised Boro Boy has not complained about this yet

Post by William Joseph1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:05 pm

Climate change protesters have blocked roads across central London sparking traffic disruption.
The group said it planned to "bring London to a standstill for up to two weeks", and wanted the government to take urgent action to tackle climate change.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47935416
Thanked by: blythburgh
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

expressman33

Re: I'm surprised Boro Boy has not complained about this yet

Post by expressman33 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:34 pm

there must be a better way to get their point across , they could be preventing the emergency services from getting where they need to go.

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:39 pm

They're not going to win much support by doing all this.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:47 pm

This is just this generations cause célèbre (it "keeps them off the streets") in the same way in the past as Ban the Bomb and Y2K Millennium disasters etc. all worthy causes no doubt but to be given the correct amount of respect and weariness. If anything there is so many "experts" who are involved in the latest threat to the world that we must ask what's the next great catastrophe thats being lined but by the media... Oh did any of them come true? Just like the on-set of the Ice Age in the 1970's the answer is No!

Lets just concentrate on a truly worthy cause and look to a plastics free future.

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:47 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:47 pm
This is just this generations cause célèbre (it "keeps them off the streets") in the same way in the past as Ban the Bomb and Y2K Millennium disasters etc. all worthy causes no doubt but to be given the correct amount of respect and weariness. If anything there is so many "experts" who are involved in the latest threat to the world that we must ask what's the next great catastrophe thats being lined but by the media... Oh did any of them come true? Just like the on-set of the Ice Age in the 1970's the answer is No!

Lets just concentrate on a truly worthy cause and look to a plastics free future.
I think the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki might disagree with you there....... and the Millennium definitely happened - I was there :eh: Actually, no disasters happened on the latter due to the actions taken to prevent them (previously discussed), whereas these misguided souls are complaining that NO action has been taken.

I see one of their ideas is to take climate change out of the hands of Government and to set up some kind of "people's assembly" ...... yet another bright idea bolted on to representative democracy, just like referendums...... because we all know how successful that was! :roll:

However, climate change is certainly happening - only an idiot would claim otherwise. Over to you, Boro Boy.......... :shifty:
Thanked by: blythburgh, xxxraichxxx
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:18 am

And we've (briefly) dealt with the "new ice age", but to repeat: Whilst there was some mid-century evidence of planetary cooling, the idea of an ice age was exaggerated headlines. And this was at the very time that the evidence of climate change was starting to emerge.

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:22 am

I'm sure it is on Boro Boy to do list after he has defeated Mayor Khan.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:41 am

pabenny wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:18 am
And we've (briefly) dealt with the "new ice age", but to repeat: Whilst there was some mid-century evidence of planetary cooling, the idea of an ice age was exaggerated headlines. And this was at the very time that the evidence of climate change was starting to emerge.
Yes, "Exaggerated Headlines", the "experts" got it wrong...! :problem:

The Euro the "experts" got it wrong...etc...etc... :geek:

I guess they might just get something right at some time but no-one should have to suffer having possible flawed ideas stuffed down their throats! And always its the "politics of fear", people are beginning to see through these tactics which are becoming a joke but if you in the slightest disagree or question them, then expect to be hounded by the sheepish mob! :wtf:

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:53 am

To quote from Wikipedia:

"Global cooling was a conjecture during the 1970s of imminent cooling of the Earth's surface and atmosphere culminating in a period of extensive glaciation. Press reports at the time did not accurately reflect the scientific literature."

So yes, exaggerated headlines is right.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:00 am

pabenny wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:53 am
To quote from Wikipedia:

"Global cooling was a conjecture during the 1970s of imminent cooling of the Earth's surface and atmosphere culminating in a period of extensive glaciation. Press reports at the time did not accurately reflect the scientific literature."

So yes, exaggerated headlines is right.
Thank you for confirming my point!

You make me laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol: In fact you all make me laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol: That's why I come back time and time again, its just total follow the crowd laughter... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Boro Boy on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, RonFlorabud