Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
expressman33

Re: the law of unforeseen consequences

Post by expressman33 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:59 pm

depends who the slight pain is referring to , and where it is :roll:

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue May 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Difficult to tell. I took Mr/s Chadwick's point as being that Mr Boro Boy makes statements that he then will not expand upon or clarify when asked.

Of course I may be wrong there. And I would not presume to tell people what other people think.
Thanked by: Dream on

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:28 pm

I made the decision a while ago that Boro Boy was all mouth and no trousers and decided then that life would be richer for not engaging in debate with him.
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Tue May 14, 2019 8:51 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:28 pm
I made the decision a while ago that Boro Boy was all mouth and no trousers and decided then that life would be richer for not engaging in debate with him.
It's a bit like swatting an annoying fly away. You keep thinking you've pushed it out the window, but then it buzzes back in the same room. It takes very little effort to swat away again, but it keeps coming back.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue May 14, 2019 9:39 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:28 pm

I take that as a compliment coming from someone like you...! :wave:

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed May 15, 2019 9:37 am

If you change the title of the thread to the law of foreseen consequences then you cannot understand why James Brokenshire allowed himself to be photographed in his 4 oven and 2 dishwasher kitchen.
I know the wife is Jewish but surely if you can afford that sort of kitchen and you want to keep the Jewish food laws then you would have 2 kitchens. So I do not think it is a religious need to have more than one oven.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:52 am

blythburgh wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:37 am
If you change the title of the thread to the law of foreseen consequences then you cannot understand why James Brokenshire allowed himself to be photographed in his 4 oven and 2 dishwasher kitchen.
I know the wife is Jewish but surely if you can afford that sort of kitchen and you want to keep the Jewish food laws then you would have 2 kitchens. So I do not think it is a religious need to have more than one oven.
I am not Jewish, and neither did I see the article so perhaps a bit unfair to comment. Except to say that I cannot understand why any god would want to make life so difficult for anyone.
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed May 15, 2019 10:03 am

I do not know why the Jewish food laws developed as they did. But it might have been to avoid illness in a hot country where food would go off quickly.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:43 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:52 am
blythburgh wrote:
I am not Jewish, and neither did I see the article so perhaps a bit unfair to comment. Except to say that I cannot understand why any god would want to make life so difficult for anyone.
Saw this just now.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/101243/james- ... newsletter

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu May 16, 2019 9:48 am

William Joseph1 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:43 pm
William Joseph1 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:52 am
blythburgh wrote:
Saw this just now.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/101243/james- ... newsletter
Some of the photos were not the fault of the main person in them but others were totally the fault of the idiot who is the main person. The infamous "sandwich" photo was used to good effect in the electioneering and belittled a decent man. But we could all be shamed by a photo removed from a video of us eating. Saying you have two kitchens when some have to live in substandard accommodation is just plain stupid as is letting the photo show 4 ovens.