Investment for May

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

I would like to invest in

Poll ended at Tue May 14, 2019 11:05 am

Clinigen
2
20%
Mitie
0
No votes
Warehouse REIT
7
70%
None of these
1
10%
 
Total votes: 10

planteria
Posts: 5215
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:52 pm
Location: Going down the Wednesbury Road
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 1575 times
Contact:

Re: Investment for May

Post by planteria » Tue May 07, 2019 12:10 pm

fwiw, with recent small dip, i would buy some Alphabet'A' shares and hold on to them.
Thanked by: garindan, blythburgh

burwin
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:52 am
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 36 times
Contact:

Re: Investment for May

Post by burwin » Thu May 09, 2019 1:17 pm

I have cast vote for Clinigen as I understand the pharma industry (although we may have missed the boat), but as a general rule I dont invest in real estate (as its a volatile market) , you can make and lose a fortune in a day and service companies (Mitie) are going bust left right and centre.
So not a deep dive into company profiles or profits or potentials but having learnt the hardway I follow those rules.
Thanked by: garindan, blythburgh

parchedpeas
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:34 pm
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 374 times
Contact:

Re: Investment for May

Post by parchedpeas » Mon May 13, 2019 10:07 am

I backed Warerhouse REIT but I'd be looking to get in and out on it - if Corbyn gets in and he's serious about 'saving the high street' then last mile delivery is an open-goal to target. The costs in pollution, road damage and the loss of local jobs associated with home-delivery / internet shopping are pretty evident, and all so we can save 5p on something (I'm guilty of this, so I'm not preaching!!)

So for me, in and out.
Thanked by: blythburgh, garindan

garindan
Posts: 1964
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Location: Midlands
Has thanked: 1024 times
Been thanked: 1225 times
Contact:

Re: Investment for May

Post by garindan » Tue May 14, 2019 10:13 pm

So the poll has ended. We only got 10 votes in total out of 14 members, which is disappointing. 7 votes for the leading candidate is only 50% of the membership. Under the rules this is not enough for an outright decision in this case, even though it was a majority from those who actually voted. This being the case we can't make a purchase, which is shame. If more members had voted then we'd most likely have made a result. It's ironic really as this is the first time so many have not voted in a club poll.
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 24993
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 213 times
Been thanked: 3648 times
Contact:

Re: Investment for May

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Wed May 15, 2019 6:25 am

garindan wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:13 pm
So the poll has ended. We only got 10 votes in total out of 14 members, which is disappointing. 7 votes for the leading candidate is only 50% of the membership. Under the rules this is not enough for an outright decision in this case, even though it was a majority from those who actually voted. This being the case we can't make a purchase, which is shame. If more members had voted then we'd most likely have made a result. It's ironic really as this is the first time so many have not voted in a club poll.
Maybe try again?
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

richard@imutual
Posts: 4742
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:19 am
Sharing: 3stars.png
Has thanked: 1895 times
Been thanked: 4357 times
Contact:

Re: Investment for May

Post by richard@imutual » Thu May 16, 2019 8:51 am

I'm afraid I'm one of the guilty ones who didn't vote. Looked at the poll a couple of times but I wasn't happy to make a decision purely on newspaper tips and wanted to make time to do a bit more research... which never happened :(
garindan wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:13 pm
So the poll has ended. We only got 10 votes in total out of 14 members, which is disappointing. 7 votes for the leading candidate is only 50% of the membership. Under the rules this is not enough for an outright decision in this case
When you say "the rules", I can't see anything in the rules about needing a certain number of voting members :? Getting 10 out of 14 to vote is not a bad turnout, and with 70% voting for one option out of 4, I'd say that's a clear mandate to go ahead.
Thanked by: garindan, Beachboy

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 24993
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 213 times
Been thanked: 3648 times
Contact:

Re: Investment for May

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Thu May 16, 2019 9:06 pm

richard@imutual wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:51 am
I'm afraid I'm one of the guilty ones who didn't vote. Looked at the poll a couple of times but I wasn't happy to make a decision purely on newspaper tips and wanted to make time to do a bit more research... which never happened :(
garindan wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:13 pm
So the poll has ended. We only got 10 votes in total out of 14 members, which is disappointing. 7 votes for the leading candidate is only 50% of the membership. Under the rules this is not enough for an outright decision in this case
When you say "the rules", I can't see anything in the rules about needing a certain number of voting members :? Getting 10 out of 14 to vote is not a bad turnout, and with 70% voting for one option out of 4, I'd say that's a clear mandate to go ahead.
I'm happy with a buy. What do other members think?
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

garindan
Posts: 1964
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Location: Midlands
Has thanked: 1024 times
Been thanked: 1225 times
Contact:

Re: Investment for May

Post by garindan » Fri May 17, 2019 9:56 am

richard@imutual wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:51 am
When you say "the rules", I can't see anything in the rules about needing a certain number of voting members :? Getting 10 out of 14 to vote is not a bad turnout, and with 70% voting for one option out of 4, I'd say that's a clear mandate to go ahead.
You seem to be correct in that it is not in the rules as published but I have noted in the past that polls should have a majority in terms of votes for an action where the number of votes exceeds 50% of the club membership. We haven't had an occurrence where the number of voters has been this low before, hence why it has never been much of an issue to date.

What i am going to do is change how I voted and make this a majority for a purchase. That resolves the issue and hopefully next vote we'll have sufficient members voting! :thumbup:
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

garindan
Posts: 1964
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Location: Midlands
Has thanked: 1024 times
Been thanked: 1225 times
Contact:

Re: Investment for May

Post by garindan » Fri May 17, 2019 10:04 am

This has now been bought.
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 24993
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 213 times
Been thanked: 3648 times
Contact:

Re: Investment for May

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Fri May 17, 2019 12:34 pm

garindan wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:04 am
This has now been bought.
Much appreciated and well done everyone.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: garindan and 3 guests