"Bringing Energy Home"

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
AAAlphaThunder

Re: "Bringing Energy Home"

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Mon May 20, 2019 6:42 pm

I used to have a meter with zero standing charge. They used to charge more for each unit of electricity but as it was an odd thing I bought it worked out better for me.

I don't know if this type of tariff is still available.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:07 pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:42 pm
I used to have a meter with zero standing charge. They used to charge more for each unit of electricity but as it was an odd thing I bought it worked out better for me.

Read the previous posts the info is there.
Thanked by: Dream on
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon May 20, 2019 7:11 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:46 am
Boro Boy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:09 pm
William Joseph1 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:51 pm
There has always been a standing charge for Gas, Water and Electricity.
How old are you?

The standing charge has only been introduced in recent years possibly (at a maximum guess) within the last ten years at least (I can't comment on SE EDF historic charging history). Some suppliers stuck out for a while after the major utility providers brought it in but I beleive all suppliers use this charging structure now following various Government pricing reviews.
Your original point was as above and in the conversation was twisted by you to read,
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:36 am
I wouldn't normally reply to this but I will persist in saying there was a point in the recent past where you could have a meter connection to a utility company and still have no charges if there was no usage ie. No Standing Charge!
This is the everlasting story from you, you change your facts halfway through a debate and then deny you said what you said in the first place.
Where is the facts change exactly? :wtf:

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon May 20, 2019 7:17 pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:

https://ebico.org.uk/energy-plans/
Thanked by: Boro Boy

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon May 20, 2019 11:27 pm

cccashbacklover wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:17 pm
AAAlphaThunder wrote:

Bingo! So not only were tariffs with zero rate standing charges available in the past but you have highlighted that they are available presently - you are not going to be WJ1's favourite...! :wave: :wave: :wave:
Thanked by: cccashbacklover

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Tue May 21, 2019 7:46 am

https://www.eversmartenergy.co.uk/asset ... ariffs.pdf "Goodbye Standing Charge" :clap:

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2017/11/ho ... rgy-bills/

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=86996&sid=84f56e22 ... bd#p236053 - Those who thanked the post :lol: :lol: :lol:

"There has always been a standing charge for Gas, Water and Electricity."

Factually incorrect, until the big 6 energy companies decided to scrap no standing charge tariffs, I used/paid nothing for Gas for years up until 2014, in addition I was a dual fuel serial switcher for cashback always switching back and forth to no standing charge tariffs.
Thanked by: Boro Boy

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue May 21, 2019 9:18 am

cccashbacklover wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:46 am
https://www.eversmartenergy.co.uk/asset ... ariffs.pdf "Goodbye Standing Charge" :clap:

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2017/11/ho ... rgy-bills/

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=86996&sid=84f56e22 ... bd#p236053 - Those who thanked the post :lol: :lol: :lol:

"There has always been a standing charge for Gas, Water and Electricity."

Factually incorrect, until the big 6 energy companies decided to scrap no standing charge tariffs, I used/paid nothing for Gas for years up until 2014, in addition I was a dual fuel serial switcher for cashback always switching back and forth to no standing charge tariffs.
Great research CashBackLover and thank you for proving the point on the past/present existence of zero charges on standing charges - WJ1 is likely to really fall out with you now...! :wave:

I beleive you shouldn't have to be disconnected (and then have to pay to be reconnected) to get nil charges from a utility company if you don't use any of their supply for a period of time...

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:34 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 11:27 pm
cccashbacklover wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:17 pm
AAAlphaThunder wrote:

Bingo! So not only were tariffs with zero rate standing charges available in the past but you have highlighted that they are available presently - you are not going to be WJ1's favourite...! :wave: :wave: :wave:
WJ has never denied this
William Joseph1 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:31 pm

Some suppliers do make tariffs available without a standing charge but it would probably only make sense to enter a contract with one of those tariffs if you were a small user. This might be suitable for some developers.
Thanked by: William Joseph1, dustie

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue May 21, 2019 9:40 am

expressman33 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:34 am
Boro Boy wrote:
WJ has never denied this
William Joseph1 wrote:

Some suppliers do make tariffs available without a standing charge but it would probably only make sense to enter a contract with one of those tariffs if you were a small user. This might be suitable for some developers.
William Joseph1 wrote:
There has always been a standing charge for Gas, Water and Electricity. It starts from the day that a supplier contract is entered into and when they fit a Meter. Always has been the case.

???? a case of twisting the facts ...? Yes it seems so!

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:53 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:40 am
expressman33 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:34 am
Boro Boy wrote:

WJ has never denied this
William Joseph1 wrote:

William Joseph1 wrote:
There has always been a standing charge for Gas, Water and Electricity. It starts from the day that a supplier contract is entered into and when they fit a Meter. Always has been the case.
???? a case of twisting the facts ...? Yes it seems so!
Both statements are perfectly true and I stand by them.

There has always been a standing charge for Gas, Water and Electricity. It starts from the day that a supplier contract is entered into and when they fit a Meter. Always has been the case. Some suppliers do make tariffs available without a standing charge but it would probably only make sense to enter a contract with one of those tariffs if you were a small user. This might be suitable for some developers.

As both statements are perfectly correct and this thread was not started with the intention of debating standing charges for utilities. I will be making no further comment on that issue. except to say this is what was said by you and was a mistake on your part
Boro Boy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:09 pm
How old are you?

The standing charge has only been introduced in recent years possibly (at a maximum guess) within the last ten years at least (I can't comment on SE EDF historic charging history). Some suppliers stuck out for a while after the major utility providers brought it in but I beleive all suppliers use this charging structure now following various Government pricing reviews.
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.