Brexit Bounces too

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

Re: Brexit Bounces too

Post by blythburgh » Sat May 18 2019 11:56am

If it was not so serious it would be more fun to watch than even tonight's Euro contest
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat May 18 2019 10:24pm

Cant see Leadsom getting V far
She pulled out last time late on
Can't see McVey getting it either.
Don't think the Tories will vote for another woman Gove is a good bet
If Boris get to the final 2 i think he will win by a mile
I suspect the Tory members would rather have BJ or anyone rather than JC as PM
As always just my opinion
Thanked by: blythburgh, Kelantan
Politically incorrect since 69

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sat May 18 2019 10:39pm

kevinchess1 wrote:
Sat May 18 2019 10:24pm
Cant see Leadsom getting V far
She pulled out last time late on
Can't see McVey getting it either.
Don't think the Tories will vote for another woman Gove is a good bet
If Boris get to the final 2 i think he will win by a mile
I suspect the Tory members would rather have BJ or anyone rather than JC as PM
As always just my opinion
Unfortunately I am inclined to agree.

Boris is the darling of the party, but I suspect he is not so popular with the MPs. Will he get to the final ballot? The favourite has never won a leadership contest yet. I am inclined to wait a bit until the maybot announces she is going and gives a date (she has not done as yet) I suspect there are a few candidates still left to crawl out of the woodwork.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon May 20 2019 11:56pm

Was Michael Heseltine so up his own posterior that he thought he could stab his own party in the back and still remain untouchable...!?! https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/t ... spartanntp :wave:

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue May 21 2019 9:43am

Michael Heseltine is a man of principle and made a very difficult decision. He could have chosen to remain silent but felt the almost certain axe of his Tory Party membership was worth it so to encourage others to make a more secret choice at the ballot box.

I have never had more respect for him.
Thanked by: Kelantan
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue May 21 2019 9:49am

blythburgh wrote:
Tue May 21 2019 9:43am
Michael Heseltine is a man of principle and made a very difficult decision. He could have chosen to remain silent but felt the almost certain axe of his Tory Party membership was worth it so to encourage others to make a more secret choice at the ballot box.

If he had of been honourable perhaps he should have left the Tory Party before deciding to make it known he would be voting against them in a National Election. Winston Churchill (someone I regard as an honourable man) left the Tory Party when he disagreed with the direction of the party in a General Election. :think:

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue May 21 2019 10:05am

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon May 20 2019 11:56pm
Was Michael Heseltine so up his own posterior that he thought he could stab his own party in the back and still remain untouchable...!?! https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/t ... spartanntp :wave:
What makes you think he did not expect to have the whip removed? I am far from surprised personally.

“As a result, the chief whip in the House of Lords has informed Lord Heseltine that he will have the Conservative whip suspended. This will be reviewed if he is willing to support Conservative candidates at future elections.” So he will be back at the next general (or local if held before) elections!
Thanked by: Kelantan, blythburgh

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue May 21 2019 10:07am

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue May 21 2019 9:49am
blythburgh wrote:

If he had of been honourable perhaps he should have left the Tory Party before deciding to make it known he would be voting against them in a National Election. Winston Churchill (someone I regard as an honourable man) left the Tory Party when he disagreed with the direction of the party in a General Election. :think:
It was not a National Election it is a European Election and largely seen as farcical and pointless anyway.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue May 21 2019 10:09am

William Joseph1 wrote:
Tue May 21 2019 10:07am
Boro Boy wrote:
blythburgh wrote:

It was not a National Election it is a European Election and largely seen as farcical and pointless anyway.
Play on words... its National to the UK as opposed to local... :wave:

Farcical yes! but seen as a second referendum by many! Either way the stab in the back Heseltine won't be voting Tory and will be reminded about it for evermore...

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue May 21 2019 10:17am

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue May 21 2019 10:09am
William Joseph1 wrote:
Tue May 21 2019 10:07am
Boro Boy wrote:
Play on words... its National to the UK as opposed to local...

Farcical yes! but seen as a second referendum by many! Either way the stab in the back Heseltine won't be voting Tory and will be reminded about it for evermore...
Your entitled to your opinion. Personally I see the language as inflammatory and unnecessary. Those who see it as a second referendum are probably in the group who are saying they do not want a confirmatory referendum. So why in their minds they would want to try and replicate one I do not understand. But everyone's mind works differently. One of the beauties of life.