"Bringing Energy Home"

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
Boro Boy

Re: "Bringing Energy Home"

Post by Boro Boy » Tue May 21, 2019 10:06 am

William Joseph1 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:53 am
Boro Boy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:40 am
expressman33 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:34 am
WJ has never denied this
William Joseph1 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:51 pm
There has always been a standing charge for Gas, Water and Electricity. It starts from the day that a supplier contract is entered into and when they fit a Meter. Always has been the case.
???? a case of twisting the facts ...? Yes it seems so!
Both statements are perfectly true and I stand by them.

There has always been a standing charge for Gas, Water and Electricity. It starts from the day that a supplier contract is entered into and when they fit a Meter. Always has been the case. Some suppliers do make tariffs available without a standing charge but it would probably only make sense to enter a contract with one of those tariffs if you were a small user. This might be suitable for some developers.

As both statements are perfectly correct and this thread was not started with the intention of debating standing charges for utilities. I will be making no further comment on that issue. except to say this is what was said by you and was a mistake on your part
Boro Boy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:09 pm
How old are you?

The standing charge has only been introduced in recent years possibly (at a maximum guess) within the last ten years at least (I can't comment on SE EDF historic charging history). Some suppliers stuck out for a while after the major utility providers brought it in but I beleive all suppliers use this charging structure now following various Government pricing reviews.
...and I would say for many years in the past I have had properties which were on the utilities standard rate tariffs but the properties would remain empty and unused for large periods of time prior to works being carried out on them and when there was no utility use there was no charges (at all!) levied! Simple's!!! :wave:

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:11 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:06 am
...and I would say for many years in the past I have had properties which were on the utilities standard rate tariffs but the properties would remain empty and unused for large periods of time prior to works being carried out on them and when there was no utility use there was no charges (at all!) levied!
I do not and never have disputed that, if you were on a tariff with a supplier that does not levy a standing charge. If you want that choice you still have it. in the words of the maybot "Nothing has changed, nothing has changed.
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue May 21, 2019 10:21 am

William Joseph1 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:11 am
Boro Boy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:06 am
...and I would say for many years in the past I have had properties which were on the utilities standard rate tariffs but the properties would remain empty and unused for large periods of time prior to works being carried out on them and when there was no utility use there was no charges (at all!) levied!
I do not and never have disputed that, if you were on a tariff with a supplier that does not levy a standing charge. If you want that choice you still have it. in the words of the maybot "Nothing has changed, nothing has changed.
William Joseph1 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:31 pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:09 pm
William Joseph1 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:51 pm
There has always been a standing charge for Gas, Water and Electricity.
How old are you?

The standing charge has only been introduced in recent years possibly (at a maximum guess) within the last ten years at least (I can't comment on SE EDF historic charging history). Some suppliers stuck out for a while after the major utility providers brought it in but I believe all suppliers use this charging structure now following various Government pricing reviews.
You are wrong
...sounds like you are disputing it here!!! :wtf:

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue May 21, 2019 11:08 am

Yawn
Thanked by: Dream on, Boro Boy, dustie
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler