Brexit Bounces too

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
Boro Boy

Re: Brexit Bounces too

Post by Boro Boy » Tue May 21 2019 10:38am

William Joseph1 wrote:
Tue May 21 2019 10:17am
Boro Boy wrote:
Tue May 21 2019 10:09am
William Joseph1 wrote:
Tue May 21 2019 10:07am
It was not a National Election it is a European Election and largely seen as farcical and pointless anyway.
Play on words... its National to the UK as opposed to local...

Farcical yes! but seen as a second referendum by many! Either way the stab in the back Heseltine won't be voting Tory and will be reminded about it for evermore...
Your entitled to your opinion. Personally I see the language as inflammatory and unnecessary. Those who see it as a second referendum are probably in the group who are saying they do not want a confirmatory referendum. So why in their minds they would want to try and replicate one I do not understand. But everyone's mind works differently. One of the beauties of life.
Remainers have there opportunity of a second referendum in all but name in their beloved EU Elections on Thursday! Of course they will deny it and cloud the issue with all sorts of rubbish because they know they are going to get beat!

My prediction is that anti EU MEPs will not only get elected in numbers in the UK but all also across Europe itself...!
Thanked by: pabenny

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue May 21 2019 11:02am

Boro Boy attacks Heseltine because he is a remainer. He NEVER critises any Brexiteer who votes against his party or who encourages others to.

I bet if a Brexiteer in the House of Lords had said he was voting for The Brexit Party then Boro Boy would have said nothing. Or he would be praising them for staying true to their beliefs when their party had strayed too far from where it should be.

Boro Boy is the worst sort of political activist. The sort who have now taken over large parts of the Labour Party. They are happy to vote against their own party when not in charge but when in power everyone must do as they say.
Thanked by: Kelantan, Richard Frost
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue May 21 2019 11:22am

Just following through on the idea that the European Elections might be interpreted as a second referendum on EU membership…

- it's clear that votes for the Brexit party are for Leave as that is their only policy
- Libdems and ChangeUK are both strong supporters of Remain. Ditto SNP and Plaid Cymru.

Far less clear how to interpret Conservative and Labour votes, given that both parties are divided on the subject. The Tories haven't published a manifesto and the Labour position is ambiguous.

Then again, maybe some people will even vote based on other issues.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue May 21 2019 11:56am

blythburgh wrote:
Tue May 21 2019 11:02am
Boro Boy attacks Heseltine because he is a remainer. He NEVER critises any Brexiteer who votes against his party or who encourages others to.

I bet if a Brexiteer in the House of Lords had said he was voting for The Brexit Party then Boro Boy would have said nothing. Or he would be praising them for staying true to their beliefs when their party had strayed too far from where it should be.

Boro Boy is the worst sort of political activist. The sort who have now taken over large parts of the Labour Party. They are happy to vote against their own party when not in charge but when in power everyone must do as they say.
Blythburgh: please stop joining the members on here who insist on twisting statements made by others and inserting a verbal portrait of an individual you do not know additionally it is wrong that you run down members telling all on here of their actions when the truth is they have not done or have any intention of doing what you say they "would do".

I am no such sort of person as you picture and please don't paint me that way or link me with any part of the fractions within the Labour Party as this is also untrue and gets no support of any kind from be!

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue May 21 2019 1:34pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue May 21 2019 9:49am
blythburgh wrote:
Tue May 21 2019 9:43am
Michael Heseltine is a man of principle and made a very difficult decision. He could have chosen to remain silent but felt the almost certain axe of his Tory Party membership was worth it so to encourage others to make a more secret choice at the ballot box.

I have never had more respect for him.

If he had of been honourable perhaps he should have left the Tory Party before deciding to make it known he would be voting against them in a National Election. Winston Churchill (someone I regard as an honourable man) left the Tory Party when he disagreed with the direction of the party in a General Election. :think:
A bit of balls?
Thanked by: blythburgh
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue May 21 2019 5:47pm

Theresa May has told MPs they have "one last chance" to deliver Brexit, as she set out a "new Brexit deal".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48357017

There could be another referendum after all
The key points of the PM's revised plan are:

A guarantee of a Commons vote on another referendum before the Brexit agreement is ratified, with
the government honouring the outcome

A vote on different customs options, including a government proposal for a temporary customs union for goods - what Mrs May called a "customs compromise"

A legal obligation for the UK to come up with an alternative to the Northern Ireland backstop by the end
of 2020 If the backstop does come into force, the bill would guarantee that Northern Ireland remains
aligned with the rest of the UK and will not be not part of a separate customs territory

Legislation to ensure workers rights are "every bit as good if not better" after Brexit and guarantees of no
dilution in environmental standards

A legal duty to seek changes to the political declaration on future relations with the EU
Thanked by: Kelantan, blythburgh

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Tue May 21 2019 10:41pm

blythburgh wrote:

Complete and utter nonsense.
Thanked by: Boro Boy

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed May 22 2019 10:19am

Derbiean wrote:
Tue May 21 2019 10:41pm
blythburgh wrote:

Complete and utter nonsense.
Really. I would not change a word if I was posting that today
Thanked by: Kelantan, Richard Frost
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

gle1975

Post by gle1975 » Wed May 22 2019 2:25pm

I'll vote for the Brexit Party (even though Nigel is a bit of a spiv).

I've voted for two mainly anti-EU parties in my life - Referendum Party in 1997 and UKIP a few times. Plus I voted Green a few times in the 1990s when they had a party policy of leaving the EU!

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed May 22 2019 3:43pm

gle1975 wrote:
Wed May 22 2019 2:25pm
I'll vote for the Brexit Party (even though Nigel is a bit of a spiv).

I've voted for two mainly anti-EU parties in my life - Referendum Party in 1997 and UKIP a few times. Plus I voted Green a few times in the 1990s when they had a party policy of leaving the EU!
...very brave of you to admit all that on here...! :thumbup: