Brexit Bounces too

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
BeautifulSunshine

Re: Brexit Bounces too

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sun Jun 02 2019 4:48pm

blythburgh wrote:
Sun Jun 02 2019 9:58am
AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Sat Jun 01 2019 7:33pm

LOL. Did he save us?
Well he stopped Johnson's campaign
That wasn't Independence Day style; more Shakespeare style.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Jun 05 2019 3:31pm

Thanked by: blythburgh, Kelantan

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Wed Jun 05 2019 5:13pm

One leadership candidate is saying that claims made by other candidates are misleading (which seems fair enough). I don't think that actually qualifies as lying.

The trouble for the Not Theresa's Deal bunch is that on the one hand, they've spent so much time saying its a Bad Deal that they have to get a different deal (otherwise they can be rightly criticised for accepting the Bad Deal). On the other hand, the EU position seems to be that it's not exactly their fault that the elected government can't get the deal past the government's own party - so why should they renegotiate or offer concessions just because there is a new party leader.
Thanked by: blythburgh

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed Jun 05 2019 7:57pm

pabenny wrote:
Wed Jun 05 2019 5:13pm
One leadership candidate is saying that claims made by other candidates are misleading (which seems fair enough). I don't think that actually qualifies as lying.

The trouble for the Not Theresa's Deal bunch is that on the one hand, they've spent so much time saying its a Bad Deal that they have to get a different deal (otherwise they can be rightly criticised for accepting the Bad Deal). On the other hand, the EU position seems to be that it's not exactly their fault that the elected government can't get the deal past the government's own party - so why should they renegotiate or offer concessions just because there is a new party leader.
A general election?

PM Nigel Farage?

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Jun 05 2019 8:25pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Wed Jun 05 2019 7:57pm
pabenny wrote:

A general election?

PM Nigel Farage?
You do say some silly things. Firstly there is no general election currently planned. The conservative party are not about to give up power to anyone. The party (sic) of which he leads is not a political party its a limited company and does not currently even have a manifesto, let alone any policies on how to run a country. It is a one trick pony. Contradicting myself though, interesting that they might even have an MP on Friday. I find it hard to believe how gullible the British electorate are.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Thu Jun 06 2019 6:31am

William Joseph1 wrote:
Wed Jun 05 2019 8:25pm
AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Wed Jun 05 2019 7:57pm
pabenny wrote:

A general election?

PM Nigel Farage?
You do say some silly things. Firstly there is no general election currently planned. The conservative party are not about to give up power to anyone. The party (sic) of which he leads is not a political party its a limited company and does not currently even have a manifesto, let alone any policies on how to run a country. It is a one trick pony. Contradicting myself though, interesting that they might even have an MP on Friday. I find it hard to believe how gullible the British electorate are.
In that case you can educate them of better ways?

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Jun 06 2019 8:13am

William Joseph1 wrote:
Wed Jun 05 2019 8:25pm

I do hope that slime ball is not elected to be Farage's front man in Peterborough. He was head of a company that bought freehold's off building companies. You know the companies that sold you a house but not the land it is built on. If you want to do any changes to the building or the garden you have to pay them. If you want to continue to live there you have to pay several hundred pounds a year for letting them have a house built on their land. And if you cannot move as who else would buy the property.
Thanked by: Kelantan
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Fri Jun 07 2019 8:09am

Labour wins Peterboroough in the byelection. Farage is disappointed.
Peterborough by-election: Labour beats Brexit Party to hold seat
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48532869

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Fri Jun 07 2019 8:10am

Brexit: Government spends £97m on consultants
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48547813

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Fri Jun 07 2019 8:11am