I am soooooooo sexist

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
blythburgh

I am soooooooo sexist

Post by blythburgh » Fri Jun 28 2019 10:49am

The two candidates for the Lib Dem leadership were announced. My first thought was: Jo Swinson has a young baby can she really do the job of leader because of this. My second thought was: I would not wonder if this would affect how Ed Davey could do the job.

Listening to Woman's Hour should make me decide on Jo because she is a woman.

Sadly though I have been described as a Woman's Libber I am actually not. I want equality between the sexes and do not want the token woman or even the token man. At the moment women are still fighting for equality hence me sounding like a Woman's Libber.

So who am I going to vote for? Undecided and so I will study the leaflets from the two candidates and listen to them in media interviews. Then when I get the voting paper I will make a decision based on my gut instinct rather than the sex or family responsibilities of the candidates
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Re: I am soooooooo sexist

Post by Richard Frost » Fri Jun 28 2019 11:07am

I saw the hustings on the Victoria Derbyshire show yesterday. Policy wise there is very little between them. It could be said that for ideas they are almost clones of each other. Very hard for those that do have a vote to decide between them, I suspect that being a woman will fall to Jo's advantage also the fact that she is the existing deputy.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Kelantan

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Fri Jun 28 2019 12:20pm

Future generations will probable wonder what all this "sexism" was about . Men and women are different , men are better at somethings and women are better at others ( This applies not only to humans).
Thanked by: blythburgh

Kelantan

Post by Kelantan » Fri Jun 28 2019 12:26pm

expressman33 wrote:
Fri Jun 28 2019 12:20pm
Future generations will probable wonder what all this "sexism" was about . Men and women are different , men are better at somethings and women are better at others ( This applies not only to humans).
What you say is only partly true, yes they are different. The truth is and it has been proved many times that men and women are quite capable of doing the things that traditionally the opposite sex has done. Long may it continue and I yearn for the day when equality is paramount, without the need for all female lists etc, etc, etc.
Thanked by: pabenny, blythburgh

gle1975

Post by gle1975 » Fri Jun 28 2019 2:40pm

It is not a big job at the moment as they do not have many MPs I. Remember the Huhne/Clegg leadership race when the yellow peril had about 50 seats. Then they lost many big names - although Swinson and Davey got their seats back.

I'd go for Swinson as something different.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Kelantan

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Jun 29 2019 10:32am

gle1975 wrote:
Fri Jun 28 2019 2:40pm
It is not a big job at the moment as they do not have many MPs I. Remember the Huhne/Clegg leadership race when the yellow peril had about 50 seats. Then they lost many big names - although Swinson and Davey got their seats back.

I'd go for Swinson as something different.
I could not decide as both of them from the right wing of the party. Ended up voting for Clegg as he was better looking and thought that might effect the vote. Pathetic I know but I really did not want either of them.

Now I am so grateful I did not vote for Huhne. A great MP but as a person he could be such an idiot and forgot the "your sins will find you out" thing
Thanked by: Kelantan, Columbo
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler