Brexit Bounces too

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
Chadwick

Re: Brexit Bounces too

Post by Chadwick » Mon Jul 08 2019 1:47pm

kevinchess1 wrote:
Sun Jul 07 2019 6:07pm
Chadwick wrote:
Tue Jul 02 2019 2:49pm

Given that no deal would be the worst case scenario..
Based on what?
Your PHD in Economic politics? Gut feeling? Perhaps you own a crystal ball?
It doesn't matter what side of the arguement you are on you have to agree that 'Project Fear' was a disaster, Never mind 'Boris' Bus' was a single truth told by the Remain side? 'Stock markets to collapse? Stock prices are higher no that then. Mortgages to go up' Mortgages actually went down Massive unemployment!' Unemployment is now at record lows. A collection of BS, fear mongering and outright lies I even saw some desperate posting about how petrol prices had risen slightly. Talk about straw clutching. By the way they have gone back down around here.
They say that those who don t learn from the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them. And they also say that to carry out the same experiment and expect a different result is idiotic
And yet here we are
I often put in my posts 'Just my opinion' to show posters that its my thoughts, not facts. Here something that is a fact and not conjecture, If we leave without a deal then no know what will happen.
Maybe it will be truly awful, maybe it wont, maye we will trundle on pretty much as we are now who know?
I suspect someone will post 'Quotes from experts' conveniently forgetting that Mark Carney back tracked on his comments about how bad things would be but let me remind you of some thoughts from when the world banks collapse about 10 years ago. At the time the blamed was laid squarely on the bankers who were labeled as 'Greedy crooks who should be strung up and/or imprisoned' They were 'lying crooks' who couldn't be trusted. Are these the 'experts' you are quoting now
'worst case' means the least beneficial outcome. It doesn't automatically mean apocalyptic collapse of society as we know it.

As you say, it could be truly awful, maybe we will just trundle on as we are. But as it is the last resort position of both contenders for the PM job, I think it's fair to say it is the least desirable outcome and to be avoided if possible.

This is just my opinion, based on the overwhelming balance of views expressed by others better learned in the details than me. It's like climate change - I've not done any analysis of ice cores personally, but I'm satisfied that there's enough evidence currently to support the statement.
Thanked by: blythburgh

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Jul 08 2019 4:18pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Jul 06 2019 12:45am
How many £Millions I wonder is spent on benefits for the thousands still out of work in the NE Steel industry because we played by the EU rules and lost our 150 year old steel industry?
That would be the Chinese dumping below cost steel all over the world. The idea being you take out the competition - they just can't afford to keep the furnaces burning.
Thanked by: expressman33, blythburgh
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Jul 08 2019 10:10pm

Business goes on... "Brexit is irrelevant": https://www.kbbreview.com/23296/topstor ... -grohe-ceo :thumbup:

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue Jul 09 2019 7:00am

Is that the best you can do to find a business that welcomes Brexit and is investing in the UK as a result?
A German manufacturer of "luxury bathroom fittings" that will continue to sell its premium products in the UK after Brexit.

How many jobs are they creating in the UK? I
Thanked by: blythburgh, Kelantan

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue Jul 09 2019 8:16am

pabenny wrote:
Tue Jul 09 2019 7:00am
Is that the best you can do to find a business that welcomes Brexit and is investing in the UK as a result?
A German manufacturer of "luxury bathroom fittings" that will continue to sell its premium products in the UK after Brexit.

Never heard of them.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Kelantan

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Jul 09 2019 10:14am

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Jul 08 2019 10:10pm
Business goes on... "Brexit is irrelevant": https://www.kbbreview.com/23296/topstor ... -grohe-ceo :thumbup:
Niche, what we need is more of the same from the mainstream businesses.
Thanked by: blythburgh
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue Jul 09 2019 10:49am

Yeah, whatever.

There won't be (m)any "mainstream businesses" taking that approach because there is no upside for them from Brexit.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Richard Frost

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Tue Jul 09 2019 1:48pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Not quite. :thumbdown:

Business incurs extra costs to ensure it can still trade in key market after Brexit:
KBB Review wrote:Like many other KBB manufacturers, Grohe has invested in bringing more stock into the UK. Rauterkus implemented this strategy to meet customer expectations and so that the company would be have the stock to meet demand, no matter what the political environment.

Increasing stock levels was a long and expensive process for Grohe. Rauterkus said: “Bringing in so much stock is expensive – it is not a free lunch. So, you really need to find the balance, but it is something we had to do.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Jul 09 2019 4:54pm

Chadwick wrote:
Tue Jul 09 2019 1:48pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Not quite. :thumbdown:

Business incurs extra costs to ensure it can still trade in key market after Brexit:
KBB Review wrote:Like many other KBB manufacturers, Grohe has invested in bringing more stock into the UK. Rauterkus implemented this strategy to meet customer expectations and so that the company would be have the stock to meet demand, no matter what the political environment.

Increasing stock levels was a long and expensive process for Grohe. Rauterkus said: “Bringing in so much stock is expensive – it is not a free lunch. So, you really need to find the balance, but it is something we had to do.
No cliff edge for them; "...business goes on...!"

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Jul 09 2019 4:55pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Tue Jul 09 2019 8:16am
pabenny wrote:
Tue Jul 09 2019 7:00am

Never heard of them.
Hardly surprising...! :wave: