ALERT: Whirlpool Spin Dryer Issues... or is it!?!

Media articles about money-saving topics
expressman33

Re: ALERT: Whirlpool Spin Dryer Issues... or is it!?!

Post by expressman33 » Sat Jul 13 2019 1:04am

xrppzi wrote:
Fri Jul 12 2019 9:28am
pabenny wrote:
Fri Jul 12 2019 9:06am
Without data, we can’t comment on the overall risk for using a Whirlpool tumble dryer. But the experience of individuals does not of itself tell us anything about the risk.
We have one of the affected driers, an Indesit. As it was registered and we hadn't heard from Whirlpool, we contacted them. They apologised and said there were far more machines involved than they first realised, as they had assumed that natural wear and tear would be responsible for many of them being replaced by now (ours is at least 12 years old). We were told to unplug it and not use it and hopefully they would get back to us in about another 2 weeks' time.
threaten to take them to the small claims court
Thanked by: blythburgh

xrppzi

Post by xrppzi » Sat Jul 13 2019 9:24am

expressman33 wrote:
Sat Jul 13 2019 1:04am
xrppzi wrote:
Fri Jul 12 2019 9:28am
pabenny wrote:
Fri Jul 12 2019 9:06am
Without data, we can’t comment on the overall risk for using a Whirlpool tumble dryer. But the experience of individuals does not of itself tell us anything about the risk.
We have one of the affected driers, an Indesit. As it was registered and we hadn't heard from Whirlpool, we contacted them. They apologised and said there were far more machines involved than they first realised, as they had assumed that natural wear and tear would be responsible for many of them being replaced by now (ours is at least 12 years old). We were told to unplug it and not use it and hopefully they would get back to us in about another 2 weeks' time.
threaten to take them to the small claims court
Why should I resort to threats when they've been perfectly honest with me?

The two weeks is not yet up, but we heard last night via email that we are to have a brand new drier, our choice of 2 models, to be delivered, installed and the old one taken away. All happening next Tuesday. A great result!

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sat Jul 13 2019 5:51pm

Wow. That's significantly better than the previous reports that I've seen - delays of months before inspected/fixed and, for older machines, paltry discounts on new replacements.

xrppzi

Post by xrppzi » Sun Jul 14 2019 10:25am

pabenny wrote:
Sat Jul 13 2019 5:51pm
Wow. That's significantly better than the previous reports that I've seen - delays of months before inspected/fixed and, for older machines, paltry discounts on new replacements.
They did offer a cash payment of £35, but why would anyone take that when you can get a brand new machine?

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Aug 30 2019 9:35pm

For one second I thought: well that is ironic... and then: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/p ... spartanntp

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri Aug 30 2019 11:30pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Aug 30 2019 9:35pm
For one second I thought: well that is ironic... and then: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/p ... spartanntp
If you had given the issue at hand deeper thought than one second you would have delivered a superior conclusion.
Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours.

― John Locke
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]