Security Certificate Expired?

Spotted a problem on imutual? If it's not specific to your account, then post here and see if other members can help. Staff also monitor this forum and will reply as necessary
Richard Frost

Security Certificate Expired?

Post by Richard Frost » Sun Jul 14 2019 8:22am

My Browser is telling me that imutual's security certificate has expired. Keeps asking me to confirm I want to come here.

magpie

Re: Security Certificate Expired?

Post by magpie » Sun Jul 14 2019 8:54am

Ive been getting exactly the same message, has taken me ages to get onto site.

moi

Post by moi » Sun Jul 14 2019 9:13am

It was a bit alarming to be told this in 2 different broswers :?

⚠️Your connection is not private.
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.imutual.co.uk (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards).
Thanked by: blythburgh

Oh dear

Post by Oh dear » Sun Jul 14 2019 9:28am

Talk about fussing about nothing... its merely means the date on certificate needs updating over enthusiastic virus protection programs that love to scare people..... just click onto to site..takes 2 secs. Will be sorted out..... Worry about the cricket final if you want to run around panicking !

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sun Jul 14 2019 9:56am

Oh dear wrote:
Sun Jul 14 2019 9:28am
Talk about fussing about nothing... its merely means the date on certificate needs updating over enthusiastic virus protection programs that love to scare people..... just click onto to site..takes 2 secs. Will be sorted out..... Worry about the cricket final if you want to run around panicking !
I do not think anyone is panicking. I posted the original message to bring it to Richards attention and others are just relating their experiences. Quite legitimate and not portraying the chaos theory you seem to be expounding.

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Sun Jul 14 2019 10:11am

Oh dear wrote:
Or maybe, just maybe, there is a genuine problem and visits to the site are being redirected somewhere more dubious.
We could either shrug and say, yeah, it's probably legit, happy to enter my bank details.
Or we could start a thread here to find out if it is just me, or a more general issue, and maybe someone can confirm it's not a problem.

I can't see that the cricket is really worth panicking about. Talk about fussing over nothing etc...
Thanked by: Kelantan, MrsXfile, blythburgh

MrsBear

Post by MrsBear » Sun Jul 14 2019 10:16am

William Joseph1 wrote:
Sun Jul 14 2019 8:22am
My Browser is telling me that imutual's security certificate has expired. Keeps asking me to confirm I want to come here.
As a relative newbie, I am glad you posted this as I thought it might just be me. Thanks

im181160

Post by im181160 » Sun Jul 14 2019 2:26pm

Chadwick wrote:
Sun Jul 14 2019 10:11am
Oh dear wrote:
Or maybe, just maybe, there is a genuine problem and visits to the site are being redirected somewhere more dubious.
We could either shrug and say, yeah, it's probably legit, happy to enter my bank details.
Or we could start a thread here to find out if it is just me, or a more general issue, and maybe someone can confirm it's not a problem.

I can't see that the cricket is really worth panicking about. Talk about fussing over nothing etc...
Its just the usual meaningless doom n panic post Im surprised the OP didnt ask for paypal donations for saving everybody from giving out all their personal details and then throwing them selves off the nearest highrise. If these certificate warnings bother people ..they shudn't be on the net in the first place. The urge to panic post is rife on these forums.
Thanked by: cccashbacklover

casjen

Post by casjen » Sun Jul 14 2019 2:29pm

Chadwick wrote:
Sun Jul 14 2019 10:11am
Oh dear wrote:

I
Then why are you on the site then if its a scam to to redirect?
Thanked by: blythburgh

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sun Jul 14 2019 2:51pm

im181160 wrote:
Sun Jul 14 2019 2:26pm
Its just the usual meaningless doom n panic post Im surprised the OP didnt ask for paypal donations for saving everybody from giving out all their personal details and then throwing them selves off the nearest highrise. If these certificate warnings bother people ..they shudn't be on the net in the first place. The urge to panic post is rife on these forums.
Absoloute garbage.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Markcity