Ignore emails from people asking for your help

AAAlphaThunder

Re: Ignore emails from people asking for your help

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:32 pm

pabenny wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:21 pm
Obviously you've reported the alleged troll to site admin (ie Richard)

The activities described are beginning to look like stalking or harassment. You should log them (if you haven't already) and if they continue, report to the police. What you have described is more than someone having a laugh or wreaking petty revenge for some supposed slight.
Worth a visit to the Police station to ask for some advice. The Police are both friendly and helpful.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:48 am

I can see what you mean about the police but they are overloaded already and it is not bothering me. Email addresses and hence log ins have all been changed, phone number changed long before this happened so not a problem.

And I defy anyone to work out my new email
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:41 am

blythburgh wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:48 am
...it is not bothering me...
Well it clearly is (or was) for you to have bothered posting here.

As for reporting to police... you don't know how many other people this individual is trolling/stalking/abusing. The activities of Messrs Saville, Glitter, King, et al (obviously far worse) might have been stopped earlier had people been more willing to take them to the police.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:49 am

It was annoying me now I just want them to see I have got over that and what they are doing is pointless and only wasting their time.

I strongly suspect this is Brexit related. The person is very pro Brexit and hates the fact I am anti Brexit. I can respect the differing views of others but they obviously cannot. But that is their problem not mine.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:18 pm

Just say who it is. They're doing something they know is wrong and against the rules of the forum.
Thanked by: expressman33

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Chadwick wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:18 pm
Just say who it is. They're doing something they know is wrong and against the rules of the forum.
Agreed ( if there is 100% clear evidence.)
Last edited by expressman33 on Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:58 pm

I wouldn't publicly identify the alleged perpetrator unless there is very clear evidence. To do so in error would be defamatory. I would hope, however, that the allegations have been reported to site admin with supporting evidence.

I am somewhat surprised that Mrs Blythburgh is being trolled or stalked by someone who posts here because of her views on Brexit. She has often made clear that she respects the right of people to hold contrary views and she rarely makes personal remarks about those with whom she disagrees.

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:42 pm

pabenny wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:58 pm
I wouldn't publicly identify the alleged perpetrator unless there is very clear evidence. To do so in error would be defamatory. I would hope, however, that the allegations have been reported to site admin with supporting evidence.

I am somewhat surprised that Mrs Blythburgh is being trolled or stalked by someone who posts here because of her views on Brexit. She has often made clear that she respects the right of people to hold contrary views and she rarely makes personal remarks about those with whom she disagrees.
Agreed.

I would also report them to the Police so the allegations are on the record including the person you think is responsible.

If he/she is doing the same to other people then your report will help the Police to build a strong case.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:34 am

If it continues and especially if it get worse the police will be involved

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:03 am

pabenny wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:58 pm
Brexit has brought out the worst in some people on both sides. We have a dear friend who does not live close. Read the Mail and Express for very many years. Very strongly pro Brexit and was with her daughters, sons in law and grandchildren (2 of them adults) when they learned the result of the referendum and was shocked they were upset at leave winning.

We met up recently and she asked me what I thought of Boris Johnson and I told her but was careful in how I described him. "I thought you would say that" she replied. I said I was sorry Michael Gove was not on the ballot paper. Our friend's reply was "oh no, he is so ugly, I do not want that little gnome as PM. Odd as he has always been a Brexiteer not a "I will believe in what we get me elected" person like Johnson. In the end I said "only time will tell which of us is right about it" (Brexit). She made it plain she was correct and I was wrong. I quietly repeated what I said and she started to reply then bit back the words and the subject was changed.

We could so easily end up ending a long friendship if we had carried on digging ourselves into our trenches. We were determined not to bring up the subject knowing she is pro Brexit at any cost and almost certainly a Johnson supporter. Sadly she was not prepared to avoid the subject.