40 stores to close... (part 4)

Money, investing, mutuals etc
Boro Boy
Posts: 4354
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 856 times
Been thanked: 1709 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:39 pm

Rescue or consolidation of the sector: https://www.kbbreview.com/24061/news/ho ... -bathstore :think:

Boro Boy
Posts: 4354
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 856 times
Been thanked: 1709 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:28 am

This will be a surprise for some: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49200999
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh
Posts: 14670
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 26403 times
Been thanked: 5404 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by blythburgh » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:26 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:28 am
This will be a surprise for some: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49200999
Bad news for some. You might get your money back via abta or your credit card etc but this takes time. Some people's holidays will be a true staycation in the fact that it will be in their own home as they have not got the ready cash to buy a new holiday
Thanked by: expressman33
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh
Posts: 14670
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 26403 times
Been thanked: 5404 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by blythburgh » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:32 am

The Lowestoft Metro Tesco is to close which is another body blow for the town. Thankfully there are buses to the Gunton superstore if you want to buy from Tesco. But for quite big area of the town the local Morrisons and soon to be opened Aldi (a 2nd one as there is one in the North) are only available by car. If you want to go by bus you have to go into the town centre and change buses. And repeat the process to go home again.

A friend who has moved into this area now shops at Asda because it is reachable by bus or at the Tesco Metro when in town centre and in need of stuff. He used to buy most of his stuff at the Tesco Metro. Maybe he is the reason it is closing. ;)
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

expressman33
Posts: 9958
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2290 times
Been thanked: 9275 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by expressman33 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:00 pm

blythburgh wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:26 am
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:28 am
This will be a surprise for some: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49200999
Bad news for some. You might get your money back via abta or your credit card etc but this takes time. Some people's holidays will be a true staycation in the fact that it will be in their own home as they have not got the ready cash to buy a new holiday
Bad news if a husband and wife have booked holidays from work , it's very hard to get holidays that coincide especially this late in the holiday season
Thanked by: blythburgh

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 23846
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 3108 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:59 pm

expressman33 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:00 pm
blythburgh wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:26 am
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:28 am
This will be a surprise for some: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49200999
Bad news for some. You might get your money back via abta or your credit card etc but this takes time. Some people's holidays will be a true staycation in the fact that it will be in their own home as they have not got the ready cash to buy a new holiday
Bad news if a husband and wife have booked holidays from work , it's very hard to get holidays that coincide especially this late in the holiday season
That and deeper implications.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Boro Boy
Posts: 4354
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 856 times
Been thanked: 1709 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:33 pm

Even the big players are feeling the high street pinch: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/te ... spartanntp
Thanked by: blythburgh

kevinchess1
Posts: 21767
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Sharing: 1star.png
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 10866 times
Been thanked: 14740 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:49 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:33 pm
Even the big players are feeling the high street pinch: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/te ... spartanntp
I'm guessing 'Every Lidl helps!'
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 23846
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 3108 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:58 am

kevinchess1 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:49 pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:33 pm
Even the big players are feeling the high street pinch: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/te ... spartanntp
I'm guessing 'Every Lidl helps!'
Quality, variety and competitive. A recipe for success.
Thanked by: blythburgh
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Boro Boy
Posts: 4354
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 856 times
Been thanked: 1709 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:29 am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:58 am
kevinchess1 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:49 pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:33 pm
Even the big players are feeling the high street pinch: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/te ... spartanntp
I'm guessing 'Every Lidl helps!'
Quality, variety and competitive. A recipe for success.
Use to be: Quality, service, product knowledge....
Thanked by: blythburgh

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests