How our shares performed last week

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

an6ypan6y
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:03 pm
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 189 times
Contact:

Re: How our shares performed last week

Post by an6ypan6y » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:23 am

With more and more people using streaming services such as Netflix, Prime, NowTV etc. and more still using catch-up services like Sky Plus the value of ITV's advertising revenue can only reduce.

Their JV with the BBC to roll out repeats to order seems singly unadventurous.

If the plan is to average down then it surely has to be supported by something other than the arbitrary hope it will one day rise or be taken over.

For me, it's a NO.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh

im182996
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:09 pm

Re: How our shares performed last week

Post by im182996 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm

I am too rich to need to join the cashback investment club.

Well done everyone who milked the offers and made massive profits

parchedpeas
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:34 pm
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 373 times
Contact:

Re: How our shares performed last week

Post by parchedpeas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:53 pm

Whilst I agree with large parts of an6pan6y's post, it should also be noted that ITV still hold great IP and appointment viewing brands, which no amount of streaming services are going to replace anytime soon.

There is much work to do with their online / streaming services and I don't think BritBox is anywhere near as radical as it needed to be, but Coronation Street / Emmerdale / I'm A Celebrity / Love Island / Ant n Dec stuff etc are still hugely desirable for advertisers.

It's not without risk, but then what isn't? I think it's worth sticking it to a vote: we're due 2.5% ish back on the investment in a divi in late October and if there is a Brexit agreement that can shore up the UK market (which is still the most likely outcome despite what Boris says) then I think it could recover some of the ground it has lost.
Thanked by: blythburgh

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 24968
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 213 times
Been thanked: 3642 times
Contact:

Re: How our shares performed last week

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:57 am

parchedpeas wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:53 pm
Whilst I agree with large parts of an6pan6y's post, it should also be noted that ITV still hold great IP and appointment viewing brands, which no amount of streaming services are going to replace anytime soon.

There is much work to do with their online / streaming services and I don't think BritBox is anywhere near as radical as it needed to be, but Coronation Street / Emmerdale / I'm A Celebrity / Love Island / Ant n Dec stuff etc are still hugely desirable for advertisers.

It's not without risk, but then what isn't? I think it's worth sticking it to a vote: we're due 2.5% ish back on the investment in a divi in late October and if there is a Brexit agreement that can shore up the UK market (which is still the most likely outcome despite what Boris says) then I think it could recover some of the ground it has lost.
Let's put it to a vote with a few more options and see what we choose.
Thanked by: blythburgh
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

blythburgh
Posts: 15000
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 31418 times
Been thanked: 6079 times
Contact:

Re: How our shares performed last week

Post by blythburgh » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:00 am

an6ypan6y wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:23 am
With more and more people using streaming services such as Netflix, Prime, NowTV etc. and more still using catch-up services like Sky Plus the value of ITV's advertising revenue can only reduce.

Their JV with the BBC to roll out repeats to order seems singly unadventurous.

If the plan is to average down then it surely has to be supported by something other than the arbitrary hope it will one day rise or be taken over.

For me, it's a NO.
But you do get a dividend and the average price is reduced if and when you decide to sell some or all of the holding. But if there was a vote and if I was a member I would have to think carefully about it of course.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

richard@imutual
Posts: 4739
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:19 am
Sharing: 3stars.png
Has thanked: 1894 times
Been thanked: 4356 times
Contact:

How our shares performed last week

Post by richard@imutual » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:44 am

The performance of our investments during the week ending 9th August was as follows:


Aviva fell 15.75p to £3.85, a loss of 3.9%
Originally bought 117 at £5.12 on 6 Nov 2017

Greene King fell 50.8p to £5.68, a loss of 8.2%
Originally bought 80 at £7.88 on 30 Jun 2016

ITV rose 1.52p to £1.08, a gain of 1.4%
Originally bought 246 at £2.52 on 28 Aug 2015

Medica Group fell 10.25p to £1.22, a loss of 7.7%
Originally bought 784 at £1.28 on 10 Jul 2019

Ramsdens fell 8p to £1.90, a loss of 4.1%
Originally bought 533 at £1.88 on 21 Jun 2019

Vodafone fell 0.7p to £1.49, a loss of 0.5%
Originally bought 273 at £2.20 on 8 Nov 2017

Warehouse REIT rose 1.5p to £1.04, a gain of 1.5%
Originally bought 941 at £1.06 on 17 May 2019

Share plc fell 1p to 31.5p, a loss of 3.1%
Originally bought 500 at 40.7p on 8 Oct 2014

The FTSE 100 index fell 154 points to 7257 points, a loss of 2.1%


The FTSE 350 index fell 78 points to 4021 points, a loss of 1.9%


The total value of our investments fell £171.12 to £4681.24, a loss of 3.5%


See also Performance of our current investments and Top tipsters

garindan
Posts: 1957
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Location: Midlands
Has thanked: 1019 times
Been thanked: 1222 times
Contact:

Re: How our shares performed last week

Post by garindan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 am

Our next poll will begin after Sunday's tipster article has been published.
Thanked by: blythburgh
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 24968
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 213 times
Been thanked: 3642 times
Contact:

Re: How our shares performed last week

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:58 am

garindan wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 am
Our next poll will begin after Sunday's tipster article has been published.
Plus ITV?
Thanked by: garindan
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests