Rip off or what?

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
pakefield

Rip off or what?

Post by pakefield » Mon Aug 26 2019 8:17pm

Just been talking on phone to an elderly friend. She has to have her medicines delivered. A very happy Boots customer, really likes the pharmcist there. Not any longer, she has switched to a local independent chemist.

Why? Boots intend to charge her £5 for every delivery. If there are two in the house getting a delivery at the same time it would cost £10 apparently.

Boots have made good money out of her over the years as she is on regular prescriptions but now in trying to cut costs they have lost money

Richard Frost

Re: Rip off or what?

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Aug 26 2019 8:52pm

They have recently been advertising their delivery service. No mention of a fee in the advertising.

See here: https://www.boots.com/online/pharmacy/

Boots free online NHS repeat prescription service
Thanked by: blythburgh, xxxraichxxx

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Mon Aug 26 2019 9:08pm

https://www.chemistanddruggist.co.uk/ne ... ry-service

Lloyds Pharmacy at present do a free repeat prescription delivery service but there have been rumours that the intend to charge in the future https://www.chemistanddruggist.co.uk/ne ... y-branches
Thanked by: emsky, dustie, xxxraichxxx

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Mon Aug 26 2019 10:13pm

Have seen leaflets instore at Boots explaining the new charge. I don't think it's started yet for existing customers; they can switch to online ordering over the next month or so to avoid the charges.
Thanked by: blythburgh, dustie, xxxraichxxx

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Aug 27 2019 8:37am

Sarah wrote:
Mon Aug 26 2019 10:13pm
Have seen leaflets instore at Boots explaining the new charge. I don't think it's started yet for existing customers; they can switch to online ordering over the next month or so to avoid the charges.
Many of the people who have medicines delivered are elderly and many of them do not have access to the internet like our neighbour. But I am pleased she has switched because she had to change GP as her surgery and the one she now uses has a pharmacy in the same building. So if I take her to the surgery she can pick up the medicine at the same time. If the GP comes to the home or repeats will be delivered for free as now.
Thanked by: emsky, dustie, xxxraichxxx
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Aug 27 2019 5:17pm

blythburgh wrote:
Tue Aug 27 2019 8:37am
Sarah wrote:
Mon Aug 26 2019 10:13pm
Many of the people who have medicines delivered are elderly and many of them do not have access to the internet like our neighbour. But I am pleased she has switched because she had to change GP as her surgery and the one she now uses has a pharmacy in the same building. So if I take her to the surgery she can pick up the medicine at the same time. If the GP comes to the home or repeats will be delivered for free as now.
The essence of competition.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed Aug 28 2019 8:04am

Apparently all the big four pharmacies are doing this.

I had to speak to Which yesterday as I got a phone call saying my bill needed paying. So I contacted them and was reassured that my account was up to date and my CC would be charged next month.

Not sure if it was a phishing call or a mistake on their behalf but mentioned this to the lady on the phone. She made a note of it and will pass it on to the research dept. As she said much of their work comes from tip offs by the members.
Thanked by: xxxraichxxx
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Wed Aug 28 2019 7:35pm

Here's that leaflet...

Thanked by: dustie, xxxraichxxx

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Thu Aug 29 2019 10:17am

That will give the independents an advantage.
Thanked by: blythburgh
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Wed Sep 18 2019 10:39am

Thanked by: blythburgh, dustie, xxxraichxxx