Richard Frost

Re: Citizen Khan pushes ahead with the plan to shoot himself in the foot

Post by Richard Frost » Sun Sep 15 2019 5:06pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Sep 15 2019 4:53pm
pabenny wrote:
Sun Sep 15 2019 11:37am
Perhaps I'm missing something here.

The article mentions (once, plus in the headline) that the think-tank producing the report are pro-Corbyn. I don't see anywhere where it mentions that they are actually his advisers - top or otherwise.

Even the article says that the paper is a non-event, "with nothing more substantial behind it than pushing a weak political agenda"
So you're now trying to isolate Corbyn from his own advisors....!?! :wtf:
But they are not advisors are they? They are part of a think tank. Think tanks are not advisors. You could rename yourself to "I twist the facts, to suit my argument"
Thanked by: im183152, Kelantan, blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Sep 15 2019 10:03pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Sun Sep 15 2019 5:06pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Sep 15 2019 4:53pm
pabenny wrote:
Sun Sep 15 2019 11:37am
Perhaps I'm missing something here.

The article mentions (once, plus in the headline) that the think-tank producing the report are pro-Corbyn. I don't see anywhere where it mentions that they are actually his advisers - top or otherwise.

Even the article says that the paper is a non-event, "with nothing more substantial behind it than pushing a weak political agenda"
So you're now trying to isolate Corbyn from his own advisors....!?! :wtf:
But they are not advisors are they? They are part of a think tank. Think tanks are not advisors. You could rename yourself to "I twist the facts, to suit my argument"
No but if you read the following you could retract your comments or even apologise: "Common Wealth, which has former Labour leader Ed Miliband on its advisory board,..." Now see: https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/car ... -tank.html :wave:

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sun Sep 15 2019 10:14pm

That does not make him an advisor to Jeremy Corbyn or even the Labour Party.. So your still trying to twist the facts. The party has moved a long way away from the days when Ed Millibad was their leader. Anyway have you considered that even if it was to happen it might actually be a good policy to adopt. Incidently I do not live in london and have no views either way.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Sep 15 2019 11:57pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Sun Sep 15 2019 10:14pm
That does not make him an advisor to Jeremy Corbyn or even the Labour Party.. So your still trying to twist the facts. The party has moved a long way away from the days when Ed Millibad was their leader. Anyway have you considered that even if it was to happen it might actually be a good policy to adopt. Incidently I do not live in london and have no views either way.
So let me get this right, you think; being on the advisory board to Corbyn doesn't make you an advisor...!?!?! :wtf: and you would rather say that other people are twisting things! How incredible!!! :wtf:

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Mon Sep 16 2019 6:22am

Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Sep 15 2019 11:57pm
William Joseph1 wrote:
Sun Sep 15 2019 10:14pm
So let me get this right, you think; being on the advisory board to Corbyn doesn't make you an advisor...!?!?! :wtf: and you would rather say that other people are twisting things! How incredible!!! :wtf:
You're wholly misreading it. Ed Miliband is on the advisory board to Common Wealth, the think tank who produced the report - not the advisory board to the Labour leadership. The second news report says the same thing.

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue Sep 17 2019 2:28pm

Mr Boro Boy must be away. Otherwise, I'm sure that he would want to admit that he was indeed mistaken in his claims here (that the "Common Wealth" think tank are advisers to Mr Corbyn).
Thanked by: Chadwick, blythburgh

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Tue Sep 17 2019 3:02pm

Wow, Boro Boy, I think this is a personal best for you. :clap:

PetrolPrices wrote:this came from a radical left-wing pro-Corbyn supporting think tank
PetrolPrices wrote:If this was a regular government ‘think’ tank, we’d be calling it nonsense, passing it off as some sort of buffoonery, and complaining that it’s the motorist being punished again, but it isn’t
PetrolPrices wrote:the ‘Away with All Cars’ white paper is a non-event, with nothing more substantial behind it than pushing a weak political agenda.
Boro Boy wrote:Corbyn's top advisors have put forward a proposal to bad all private vehicles

Keeping with the transport theme, I suggest you 'mind the gap' in your thinking.
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Sep 17 2019 3:42pm

Chadwick wrote:
Tue Sep 17 2019 3:02pm

PetrolPrices wrote:this came from a radical left-wing pro-Corbyn supporting think tank
PetrolPrices wrote:If this was a regular government ‘think’ tank, we’d be calling it nonsense, passing it off as some sort of buffoonery, and complaining that it’s the motorist being punished again, but it isn’t
PetrolPrices wrote:the ‘Away with All Cars’ white paper is a non-event, with nothing more substantial behind it than pushing a weak political agenda.
Boro Boy wrote:Corbyn's top advisors have put forward a proposal to bad all private vehicles

Keeping with the transport theme, I suggest you 'mind the gap' in your thinking.
The Ultimate Twist...! If you are going to quote me, quote correctly! :wave:
Thanked by: blythburgh

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue Sep 17 2019 4:15pm

Chadwick wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Sep 15 2019 10:55am
... Corbyn's top advisors have put forward a proposal to bad all private vehicles...
Where's the misquote?

(the other quotes given by Mr Chadwick are attributed to PetrolPrices.com)

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Sep 17 2019 10:51pm

Chadwick wrote:

LOL.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]