Brexit

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
Chadwick
Posts: 1759
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 799 times
Been thanked: 1890 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by Chadwick » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:38 pm

blythburgh wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:03 am
I agree we need to debate the B word.

IMHO the best biscuits are Border's Dark Chocolate Gingers but I am sure others willl disagree with me. Biscuits can be such an emotive issue
You're a traitor.
Chocolate Hobnobs is the only way to go.
Thanked by: emsky, blythburgh, xxxraichxxx

pabenny
Posts: 1602
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 438 times
Been thanked: 1315 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by pabenny » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:31 pm

I do indeed disagree with you, Mrs Blythburgh. But your preference makes no difference to me, and I can still enjoy my choice of biscuit without interference. The Leavers would insist that we all have the same variety.
Thanked by: emsky, blythburgh

expressman33
Posts: 9965
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2291 times
Been thanked: 9287 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by expressman33 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:46 pm

pabenny wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:31 pm
I do indeed disagree with you, Mrs Blythburgh. But your preference makes no difference to me, and I can still enjoy my choice of biscuit without interference. The Leavers would insist that we all have the same variety.
And the Remainers will ask you which one you want and then say you can't have it.
Thanked by: emsky, xxxraichxxx

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 23870
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 3109 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:26 pm

expressman33 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:46 pm
pabenny wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:31 pm
I do indeed disagree with you, Mrs Blythburgh. But your preference makes no difference to me, and I can still enjoy my choice of biscuit without interference. The Leavers would insist that we all have the same variety.
And the Remainers will ask you which one you want and then say you can't have it.
Jam tomorrow.
Thanked by: emsky, xxxraichxxx
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

expressman33
Posts: 9965
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2291 times
Been thanked: 9287 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by expressman33 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:29 pm

Labour set to give all foreign nationals living in UK right to vote in general elections for first time.

Party to promise to massively extend voting franchise in move that could have major impact on future of Brexit
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... P7mcLuyCPI
Thanked by: emsky, blythburgh, xxxraichxxx

William Joseph1
Posts: 10579
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2164 times
Been thanked: 5079 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by William Joseph1 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:20 pm

Jeremy Corbyn's policy on Brexit has triumphed at Labour conference, as members endorsed his stance to stay neutral while negotiating a new deal.

The party voted against a motion which would have seen Labour backing Remain in any future referendum.
Story here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49789938

I just have this feeling they are going to take a drubbing at the next election. Squeezed by The LD's as the party of remain and depending whether Boris has us out or not by the 31st October by the Conservatives if he has and by the Conservatives and Brexit Party if he has not.
Thanked by: im183152, Dream on, blythburgh

William Joseph1
Posts: 10579
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2164 times
Been thanked: 5079 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by William Joseph1 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:22 pm

expressman33 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:29 pm
Labour set to give all foreign nationals living in UK right to vote in general elections for first time.

Party to promise to massively extend voting franchise in move that could have major impact on future of Brexit
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... P7mcLuyCPI
Great news, they are living and working here and contributing to the Country and Public Purse. A sensible move.

It will only have an impact on Brexit if Labour is elected and there is a future referendum. I really cannot see that happening.
Thanked by: im183152, Dream on, blythburgh

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 23870
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 3109 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:10 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:22 pm
expressman33 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:29 pm
Labour set to give all foreign nationals living in UK right to vote in general elections for first time.

Party to promise to massively extend voting franchise in move that could have major impact on future of Brexit
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... P7mcLuyCPI
Great news, they are living and working here and contributing to the Country and Public Purse. A sensible move.

It will only have an impact on Brexit if Labour is elected and there is a future referendum. I really cannot see that happening.
Stranger things have come to pass.
Thanked by: blythburgh
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Chadwick
Posts: 1759
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 799 times
Been thanked: 1890 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by Chadwick » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:41 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:20 pm
Jeremy Corbyn's policy on Brexit has triumphed at Labour conference, as members endorsed his stance to stay neutral while negotiating a new deal.

The party voted against a motion which would have seen Labour backing Remain in any future referendum.
Story here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49789938

I just have this feeling they are going to take a drubbing at the next election. Squeezed by The LD's as the party of remain and depending whether Boris has us out or not by the 31st October by the Conservatives if he has and by the Conservatives and Brexit Party if he has not.
So their policy is to continue not having a policy.
Thanked by: im183152, Dream on, blythburgh

William Joseph1
Posts: 10579
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2164 times
Been thanked: 5079 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by William Joseph1 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:44 pm

Chadwick wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:41 pm
William Joseph1 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:20 pm
Jeremy Corbyn's policy on Brexit has triumphed at Labour conference, as members endorsed his stance to stay neutral while negotiating a new deal.

The party voted against a motion which would have seen Labour backing Remain in any future referendum.
Story here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49789938

I just have this feeling they are going to take a drubbing at the next election. Squeezed by The LD's as the party of remain and depending whether Boris has us out or not by the 31st October by the Conservatives if he has and by the Conservatives and Brexit Party if he has not.
So their policy is to continue not having a policy.
It would appears so by a show of hands at conference. A more formal count was refused even though some people dispute there was a majority in favour.
Thanked by: im183152, Dream on, blythburgh

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests