Thomas Cook Scam

Money, investing, mutuals etc
expressman33

Thomas Cook Scam

Post by expressman33 » Tue Sep 24 2019 5:59pm

seen on Facebook - be aware if you have a TC holiday booked and cancelled
Just had a phone call from 'Thomas Cook refund agent' going to give me a refund on the holiday I have purchased (no I havent) just need my card details and 3 digit number on back to refund me ...
Thanked by: xxxraichxxx, blythburgh, dustie

BeautifulSunshine

Re: Thomas Cook Scam

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Sep 24 2019 6:42pm

Cheers for the heads up.
Thanked by: xxxraichxxx
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Tue Sep 24 2019 6:50pm

If you have a holiday booked, look at the Thomas Cook website, it should tell you what to do. Please stay safe everyone.
https://thomascook.caa.co.uk/
Thanked by: xxxraichxxx, blythburgh, dustie

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue Sep 24 2019 7:15pm

expressman33 wrote:
Tue Sep 24 2019 5:59pm
seen on Facebook - be aware if you have a TC holiday booked and cancelled
Just had a phone call from 'Thomas Cook refund agent' going to give me a refund on the holiday I have purchased (no I havent) just need my card details and 3 digit number on back to refund me ...
Anyone who gives out their card number including the three digit CVV number to a stranger on a random call is just plain stupid and deserves all they get.

If in the extremely unlikely case that any one from Thomas Cook (or any other company) was going to refund anyone, they should use the card details they have on file and they would not need the three digit CVV to do it.

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Tue Sep 24 2019 7:25pm

Thomas Cook are in liquidation. All their staff have been made unemployed. So if they say they are from Thomas Cook it MUST be a lie.

Feel sorry so those whose holiday has been disrupted, but spare a thought for the staff.

Any flight crew whose final flight was to a foreign destination away from the UK are stranded. They will not be repatriated like the holiday-makers under ATOL. The have to fund their own flight home - not knowing if they will be paid for their final shifts and sure in the knowledge they have no job to come back to.
Thanked by: im183152, blythburgh

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue Sep 24 2019 8:04pm

jaytee wrote:
Tue Sep 24 2019 7:25pm

not knowing if they will be paid for their final shifts and sure in the knowledge they have no job to come back to.
All employees will get paid subject to a cap on the amount

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/thom ... areholders

https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-if-your- ... -insolvent. They will have precedence over other creditors and may in some cases get statutory redundancy pay as well. They should receive payments within 14 days

Thomas Cook at the time of its collapse had numerous assets which will be sold for cash. More likely to lose out are those hoteliers and traders in other countries who will not be paid for services they have provided for probably the last six weeks or more.

Any collapse of any company is a tragedy for all and no single sector should be singled out for compassion or pity.
Thanked by: im183152, Kelantan, blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed Sep 25 2019 10:53am

jaytee wrote:
Tue Sep 24 2019 7:25pm
Thomas Cook are in liquidation. All their staff have been made unemployed. So if they say they are from Thomas Cook it MUST be a lie.

Feel sorry so those whose holiday has been disrupted, but spare a thought for the staff.

Any flight crew whose final flight was to a foreign destination away from the UK are stranded. They will not be repatriated like the holiday-makers under ATOL. The have to fund their own flight home - not knowing if they will be paid for their final shifts and sure in the knowledge they have no job to come back to.
So the airline industry works like the Merchant Navy then. 'im indoors told me that if your ship was sunk (and that happened a lot in WW2) your earnings stopped there and then. If you were lucky enough to be rescued you lost not only all your possesions but your job as well.

Nice to know the Govt., the Administrators etc care about the air crew. And of course the hoteliers who have lost a lot of money they might not be able to afford to lose
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler