Should the Stella Creasey posters have been allowed

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

Should the Stella Creasey posters have been allowed

Post by blythburgh » Tue Oct 01 2019 10:20am

I am not in favour of abortions but I am disgusted with the way an anti abortion group have behaved. Stella Creasey thinks that NI should have the same abortion rights as the rest of the UK. So they have decided to target an 8 month pregnant woman with a history of miscarriage.

Not just Stella but other women, like her, who have had miscarriages have to walk past these posters. Women who have aborted a much wanted baby will have to walk past these posters.

Have these people no compassion or understanding of what they are doing to women and their partners who have lost a baby or have chosen to abort a disabled baby?

It is not fair on the Mothers and Fathers who have lost a wanted baby in any circumstances.

And it is not fair on those who had an abortion of an unwanted baby as often in different circumstances the baby would have been wanted.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

pabenny

Re: Should the Stella Creasey posters have been allowed

Post by pabenny » Tue Oct 01 2019 11:24am

Yes, they should (have been allowed)

I do not support the "right to life" movement but freedom of speech gives people the right to say things that I disagree with or that me cause me distress. But the freedom of speech does not give an untrammelled right to say anything anywhere - that freedom must be exercised with discretion and care.

In this case, I am more concerned about a foreign (or foreign-funded) organisation campaigning in a matter that is for the UK to decide on.

expressman33

Re: Should the Stella Creasey posters have been allowed

Post by expressman33 » Tue Oct 01 2019 11:46am

No, they shouldn't (have been allowed)

If someone believes that a couple should have no more than 2 children ,would it be OK for them to stand outside a women's house, who is pregnant with her 3rd child ,and hold up posters saying "Get an abortion" ?