And they are off...! General Election 2019

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
Derbiean
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 416 times
Contact:

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by Derbiean » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:48 pm

CBI’s director-general, Carolyn Fairbairn, that Labour’s plans, notably on nationalisation, could “crack the foundations of the economy”.

I think it is safe to say that privatisation has rather been hit and miss, nationalisation will have its challenges especially in the beginning however doing so truly does take back control from the few. The CBI also whined about how devastating the minimum wage would be on the economy which turned out to be crap.
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy
Posts: 4404
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 866 times
Been thanked: 1719 times
Contact:

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:11 am

I see a minimum of 180,000 people could loose their jobs in companies the likes of Virgin Internet, Sky etc. who would not be able to compete with the new Nationalised free give away internet provider that the Labour Party is suggesting they will establish.

Does that mean that all those who strongly suggested that we should stop Brexit because of "...all those possible job losses..." will definitely not be voting Labour Party!?!
Thanked by: blythburgh

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 23978
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 3125 times
Contact:

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:43 am

pakefield wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:47 pm
As a fan of Mark Twain's sayings I take notice and stay out of this thread
The comments make for enlightening reading:
What people really think but for the biggest part will not say to your face.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Derbiean
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 416 times
Contact:

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by Derbiean » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:54 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:11 am
I see a minimum of 180,000 people could loose their jobs in companies the likes of Virgin Internet, Sky etc. who would not be able to compete with the new Nationalised free give away internet provider that the Labour Party is suggesting they will establish.

Does that mean that all those who strongly suggested that we should stop Brexit because of "...all those possible job losses..." will definitely not be voting Labour Party!?!
Is that figure from the CBI?
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy
Posts: 4404
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 866 times
Been thanked: 1719 times
Contact:

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:02 am

Derbiean wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:54 am
Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:11 am
I see a minimum of 180,000 people could loose their jobs in companies the likes of Virgin Internet, Sky etc. who would not be able to compete with the new Nationalised free give away internet provider that the Labour Party is suggesting they will establish.

Does that mean that all those who strongly suggested that we should stop Brexit because of "...all those possible job losses..." will definitely not be voting Labour Party!?!
Is that figure from the CBI?
Can't recall, I read it shortly after the Labour Party announcement but I was travelling at the time but hey using the Remainers argument: No-one votes to make themselves redundant...!
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh
Posts: 14740
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 26538 times
Been thanked: 5416 times
Contact:

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by blythburgh » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:59 am

I can see jobs being lost if Labour nationalise the internet part of BT but a helluva lot more will be lost if Brexit happens.
And, no, Boro Boy, I will not be voting Labour. A wasted vote in my constituency and for a party I cannot support due to the way militant have taken over. Same as I cannot vote for the Tories due to the hard right takeover of the party. I could weep every time a middle of the road MP or Councillor announces they are quitting or will not be standing again. These people represent the majority of those who actually vote for their party. Membership has become so polarised in both main parties.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy
Posts: 4404
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 866 times
Been thanked: 1719 times
Contact:

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:56 am

blythburgh wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:59 am
I can see jobs being lost if Labour nationalise the internet part of BT but a helluva lot more will be lost if Brexit happens.
And, no, Boro Boy, I will not be voting Labour. A wasted vote in my constituency and for a party I cannot support due to the way militant have taken over. Same as I cannot vote for the Tories due to the hard right takeover of the party. I could weep every time a middle of the road MP or Councillor announces they are quitting or will not be standing again. These people represent the majority of those who actually vote for their party. Membership has become so polarised in both main parties.
I'm glad you are at least not voting Labour Party, their biggest problem is they just love spending other peoples money and leaving huge debts behind them. But hey, you can't possibly be considering the Liberal Un-Democrats…!?! Do you recall Jo Swinson dismissing Johnson and Corbyn as ‘white men’. When did it become acceptable to attack people for their skin colour? As long as ‘white’ is used as an insult from the Liberal Un-Democrats the slippery slope begins...

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 23978
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 3125 times
Contact:

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:10 am

Nothing WOW in the debate. Not even a scandal for the tabloids to feed off!
Thanked by: blythburgh
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

expressman33
Posts: 10018
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2306 times
Been thanked: 9322 times
Contact:

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by expressman33 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:36 am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:10 am
Nothing WOW in the debate. Not even a scandal for the tabloids to feed off!
Scandal - Conservatives rebrand Twitter account.
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh
Posts: 14740
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 26538 times
Been thanked: 5416 times
Contact:

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by blythburgh » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:01 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:56 am
blythburgh wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:59 am
I can see jobs being lost if Labour nationalise the internet part of BT but a helluva lot more will be lost if Brexit happens.
And, no, Boro Boy, I will not be voting Labour. A wasted vote in my constituency and for a party I cannot support due to the way militant have taken over. Same as I cannot vote for the Tories due to the hard right takeover of the party. I could weep every time a middle of the road MP or Councillor announces they are quitting or will not be standing again. These people represent the majority of those who actually vote for their party. Membership has become so polarised in both main parties.
I'm glad you are at least not voting Labour Party, their biggest problem is they just love spending other peoples money and leaving huge debts behind them. But hey, you can't possibly be considering the Liberal Un-Democrats…!?! Do you recall Jo Swinson dismissing Johnson and Corbyn as ‘white men’. When did it become acceptable to attack people for their skin colour? As long as ‘white’ is used as an insult from the Liberal Un-Democrats the slippery slope begins...
You expect me to vote for a hard right party run by the philandering lying Johnson or the hard right non party run by Farage which has made the decent Tory party into his odious image. No thanks I am not that stupid
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests