And they are off...! General Election 2019

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
macliam

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by macliam » Fri Nov 22 2019 1:56am

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 22 2019 12:01am
Derbiean wrote:
Thu Nov 21 2019 12:19pm
blythburgh wrote:
Thu Nov 21 2019 11:49am

What rubbish. Tories and Labour MPs, Councillors and members have become so disillusioned with the hard right/left takeover of their party they have joined the LibDems. Others have quit their party without joining the LibDems.

The only viable choice to a Tory Govt. is to see who came second in your constituency last time and vote for them. Labour a lot of the time but not always. And in my case only the Tories can win. Over 50% in the 2015 election and an even bigger majority in the 2017 one. I cannot see them getting less than 50% tbh. If I thought they would not I would hold my nose and vote for the odious woman who is the Labour Candidate here. In the same way I gave my 3rd vote to Labour in the last local council election. That was easy as I was voting for a decent man and excellent Councillor.
Not as rubbish as you're consistent ridiculous claim of Labour being hard left, they are just left despite the screaming from the right wing press.
You're right, the Labour Party of today are just left! The left believe in spending the Nations money to the stage of near bankruptcy and when that is not enough they borrow, and then borrow and borrow again to the stage where our Grand Children will still be paying for the promises of the "cake today" policies!

The hard left will just ensure that we do everything they say and scorn and penalise anyone who opposes them or even suggests that their policy is wrong and may be flawed! :think:
That would be as opposed to your favoured party who happily plundered the savings of a nation to save their friends in the City and then forced the poorest to endure years of declining services. Now, magically, they have found a way to throw money at every problem...... our money.
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Nov 22 2019 2:57am

macliam wrote:
Fri Nov 22 2019 1:56am
Boro Boy wrote:
Derbiean wrote:

Not as rubbish as you're consistent ridiculous claim of Labour being hard left, they are just left despite the screaming from the right wing press.
You're right, the Labour Party of today are just left! The left believe in spending the Nations money to the stage of near bankruptcy and when that is not enough they borrow, and then borrow and borrow again to the stage where our Grand Children will still be paying for the promises of the "cake today" policies!

The hard left will just ensure that we do everything they say and scorn and penalise anyone who opposes them or even suggests that their policy is wrong and may be flawed! :think:
That would be as opposed to your favoured party who happily plundered the savings of a nation to save their friends in the City and then forced the poorest to endure years of declining services. Now, magically, they have found a way to throw money at every problem...... our money.
I can't disagree with you as I too am unhappy with the options of the past. Going forward no Party is whiter than white but it is a case of the better of two/three evils and the route of the Labour Party is certainly the worse as I wonder what % of GNP will be used just to pay the interest on the new huge debt balance that would occur if g-d forbid they win and adopt the policies they are suggesting!

No one seems to have mentioned at the future suggested levels of debt that the £Sterling will fall and the only way this will be rescued is large increases in interest rates, leading to constant rounds of pay rises (and no doubts strikes and likely civil unrest) and with the present high levels of personal debt we can expect more bankruptcies, house loses as mortgage demands cannot be met... sounds all too familiar as history repeats itself.

How can Re-Nationalisation be a solution, how does it actually change, its just a massive waste of public money and debt. Since when has a Politician made a good Train Driver, Postman or Electrician. Politicians can never run businesses, too many political decisions get in the way which they try to get over by throwing money at it. This is all nothing new, its all been done before and the try again Corbynista Policies will only end up with the same results. Although their initial claims are always about making things better it all ends up about being about control. Re-Nationalisation does not make things better...!

macliam

Post by macliam » Fri Nov 22 2019 10:23am

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 22 2019 2:57am
macliam wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

I can't disagree with you as I too am unhappy with the options of the past. Going forward no Party is whiter than white but it is a case of the better of two/three evils and the route of the Labour Party is certainly the worse as I wonder what % of GNP will be used just to pay the interest on the new huge debt balance that would occur if g-d forbid they win and adopt the policies they are suggesting!

No one seems to have mentioned at the future suggested levels of debt that the £Sterling will fall and the only way this will be rescued is large increases in interest rates, leading to constant rounds of pay rises (and no doubts strikes and likely civil unrest) and with the present high levels of personal debt we can expect more bankruptcies, house loses as mortgage demands cannot be met... sounds all too familiar as history repeats itself.

How can Re-Nationalisation be a solution, how does it actually change, its just a massive waste of public money and debt. Since when has a Politician made a good Train Driver, Postman or Electrician. Politicians can never run businesses, too many political decisions get in the way which they try to get over by throwing money at it. This is all nothing new, its all been done before and the try again Corbynista Policies will only end up with the same results. Although their initial claims are always about making things better it all ends up about being about control. Re-Nationalisation does not make things better...!
Odd that those who bleat about how good Britain is, are also those who cannot see that our Railway and Energy companies are already nationalised....... just not by Britain!! How is it that foreign nationalised industries not only manage to work in their own backyards but are able to buy into Britain too??

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Nov 22 2019 2:08pm

macliam wrote:
Fri Nov 22 2019 10:23am
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 22 2019 2:57am
macliam wrote:

Odd that those who bleat about how good Britain is, are also those who cannot see that our Railway and Energy companies are already nationalised....... just not by Britain!! How is it that foreign nationalised industries not only manage to work in their own backyards but are able to buy into Britain too??
Funny how those that bleat on about how we should re-nationalise previously nationalised industries, spend £billions in doing so and put our grandchildren into a far deeper debt than we are now; all have such short memories when it comes to remembering how bad nationalised industry really was. And can offer no real justification for such a waste of money other than control.

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Fri Nov 22 2019 4:10pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 22 2019 2:08pm
Funny how those that bleat on about how we should re-nationalise previously nationalised industries, spend £billions in doing so and put our grandchildren into a far deeper debt than we are now; all have such short memories when it comes to remembering how bad nationalised industry really was. And can offer no real justification for such a waste of money other than control.
You are repeating yourself. Nothing new to add to the discussion?

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Nov 22 2019 5:10pm

macliam wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:
Derbiean wrote:

When did the Brexit Party do that...!?!
Thanked by: macliam

macliam

Post by macliam » Fri Nov 22 2019 6:00pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Just conjecture and begrudgery, nothing more - and no answer to the point raised (as usual), just a repetition of the original post. The biggest problem with Britain is people who cannot see that the past does not determine the future, or that there are better ways to do things. It's hard to move forward when you're always looking backward.

macliam

Post by macliam » Fri Nov 22 2019 6:08pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 22 2019 5:10pm
macliam wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

When did the Brexit Party do that...!?!
Odd how you spout Tory doctrine and then claim to be something else.... what's wrong, Boris not right-wing enough for you? The Brexit "party" are a one-dimensional extension of Farage's ego and a glorified pressure group from the right. You can't make up a manifesto from a bunch of populist bleatings.... except, of course, they don't have a manifesto any more than they have members. Maggie, your personal heroine, would have ripped them to shreds as the touts they are.

Odd too that you are so concerned about "grandchildren", but not concerned enough to let THEM decide what they want, as opposed to you slamming doors in their faces.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Nov 22 2019 6:16pm

macliam wrote:
Fri Nov 22 2019 6:00pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Just conjecture and begrudgery, nothing more - and no answer to the point raised (as usual), just a repetition of the original post. The biggest problem with Britain is people who cannot see that the past does not determine the future, or that there are better ways to do things. It's hard to move forward when you're always looking backward.
You seem to be a member of the club who doesn't want to learn from the past so the result is you end up making the same mistakes time and time again... and that is a very expensive club to retain membership I'm told.

macliam

Post by macliam » Fri Nov 22 2019 6:24pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 22 2019 6:16pm
macliam wrote:
Fri Nov 22 2019 6:00pm
Boro Boy wrote:
You seem to be a member of the club who doesn't want to learn from the past so the result is you end up making the same mistakes time and time again... and that is a very expensive club to retain membership I'm told.
You seem to be someone who has their head so firmly stuck in the past that they can't see the future. But of course, you only know what your masters tell you to know. You still haven't answered why you think so little of your fellow countrymen that you don't believe they can make as much success of nationalised industry as others have. But then, that would mean doing something different and accepting that, perhaps, you have something to learn, eh?