40 stores to close... (part 4)

Money, investing, mutuals etc
Boro Boy
Posts: 4404
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 866 times
Been thanked: 1719 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:39 pm

It seems like the French high street is in an even worse situation than ours!!!!: https://www.france24.com/en/20191117-ye ... 2463152530

pabenny
Posts: 1621
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 445 times
Been thanked: 1326 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by pabenny » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:34 am

That story is about one famous Paris department store being closed for a day by demonstrators.

It's nothing to do with high street store closures.
Thanked by: Dream on, blythburgh

Boro Boy
Posts: 4404
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 866 times
Been thanked: 1719 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:15 pm

pabenny wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:34 am
That story is about one famous Paris department store being closed for a day by demonstrators.

It's nothing to do with high street store closures.
Well spotted but my point still stands; we don't have Yellow Vests demonstrating stores in our already depleted UK high streets but they do in Paris... :wave:

William Joseph1
Posts: 10615
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 5088 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by William Joseph1 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:13 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:15 pm
pabenny wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:34 am
That story is about one famous Paris department store being closed for a day by demonstrators.

It's nothing to do with high street store closures.
Well spotted but my point still stands; we don't have Yellow Vests demonstrating stores in our already depleted UK high streets but they do in Paris...
What does that have to do with stores closing or even the decline of the High Street? It seems to me you are rambling off topic.

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 23978
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 3125 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:22 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:15 pm
pabenny wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:34 am
That story is about one famous Paris department store being closed for a day by demonstrators.

It's nothing to do with high street store closures.
Well spotted but my point still stands; we don't have Yellow Vests demonstrating stores in our already depleted UK high streets but they do in Paris... :wave:
Your point stands?
Thanked by: Chadwick
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Boro Boy
Posts: 4404
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 866 times
Been thanked: 1719 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:08 pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:22 pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:15 pm
pabenny wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:34 am
That story is about one famous Paris department store being closed for a day by demonstrators.

It's nothing to do with high street store closures.
Well spotted but my point still stands; we don't have Yellow Vests demonstrating stores in our already depleted UK high streets but they do in Paris... :wave:
Your point stands?
You seem to need further explanation but it is unclear why...!?!

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 23978
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 3125 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:15 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:08 pm
AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:22 pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:15 pm


Well spotted but my point still stands; we don't have Yellow Vests demonstrating stores in our already depleted UK high streets but they do in Paris... :wave:
Your point stands?
You seem to need further explanation but it is unclear why...!?!
It's nothing to do with high street store closures.
Thanked by: pabenny
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Boro Boy
Posts: 4404
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 866 times
Been thanked: 1719 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:58 am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:15 pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:08 pm
AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:22 pm


Your point stands?
You seem to need further explanation but it is unclear why...!?!
It's nothing to do with high street store closures.
...tell that to the French store owners...! :think:

pabenny
Posts: 1621
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 445 times
Been thanked: 1326 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by pabenny » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:06 pm

I couldn't find any data about retail closures or bankruptcies in France. One or two businesses are retrenching - C&A, for example. In fact, the high street is thriving in France according to this story in the Mirror from March this year:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/f ... e-14206183

Online shopping has about half the share that it has in the UK, and leases tend to be very different in structure and cost.

Boro Boy
Posts: 4404
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 866 times
Been thanked: 1719 times
Contact:

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 4)

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:05 am

Good news on the high street rising out of the ashes of Thomas Cook: https://news.sky.com/story/thomas-cook- ... s-11866161

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 0 guests