And they are off...! General Election 2019

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
macliam

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by macliam » Sat Nov 23 2019 7:18pm

Oh, go on, don't be a spoilsport. I'm sure if we wait we'll learn why Boro Boy doesn't think his fellow countrymen can make as much success of nationalised industry as others patently have. ;)

This is as close as you'll get to discussing politics these days, inside parliament or outside. After all, when experts know nothing and any counter argument is just 'project fear', how can any debate rise above the hot air and spin?
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat Nov 23 2019 9:58pm

As entertainins as BB amd Little M's willy waving competition is lets get back on topic
IN MY OPINION
I THInk it's a simple black/white yes/no 1/0 election.
Either Boris will get a majority and 'Get Brexit done' or he wont and Labour will cobble toghter enough support from other parties to form a government and Brexit won't get done for a bit
Who know what will happen in the 2nd option
I don't belive Jerry will give up the chance of being PM just because he;s against Nicky having ANOTHER 'Once-in-a-generatio' referendum
He promise thta in 2024 by which poit hell be in the House of Lords and won't care what happens
Equally I don't think Cousion Jo will give up her best hope of 'Bolloxing Brexit; by refusing to support Jeremy
So Vote for Boris and you get Brexit then 4.75 more years of him and his antics
OR
Vote for anyone else and we back on the carosel of 'Phuc-knows-what-goinna-happen-next'
Munches popcorn
Politically incorrect since 69

macliam

Post by macliam » Sat Nov 23 2019 10:02pm

kevinchess1 wrote:
Sat Nov 23 2019 9:58pm
As entertainins as BB amd Little M's willy waving competition is lets get back on topic
IN MY OPINION
I THInk it's a simple black/white yes/no 1/0 election.
Either Boris will get a majority and 'Get Brexit done' or he wont and Labour will cobble toghter enough support from other parties to form a government and Brexit won't get done for a bit
Who know what will happen in the 2nd option
I don't belive Jerry will give up the chance of being PM just because he;s against Nicky having ANOTHER 'Once-in-a-generatio' referendum
He promise thta in 2024 by which poit hell be in the House of Lords and won't care what happens
Equally I don't think Cousion Jo will give up her best hope of 'Bolloxing Brexit; by refusing to support Jeremy
So Vote for Boris and you get Brexit then 4.75 more years of him and his antics
OR
Vote for anyone else and we back on the carosel of 'Phuc-knows-what-goinna-happen-next'
Munches popcorn
or he won't and Boris staggers on trying to lead a minority Tory government, just as before......

PS... no contest on the willy waving, it takes more than a boy.....

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Nov 23 2019 11:44pm

macliam wrote:
Sat Nov 23 2019 7:18pm
Oh, go on, don't be a spoilsport. I'm sure if we wait we'll learn why Boro Boy doesn't think his fellow countrymen can make as much success of nationalised industry as others patently have. ;)
Please clear your eyes/ears out... History and I (repeatedly) have already told you the answer. Or perhaps its not the answer you want? :think:

macliam

Post by macliam » Sun Nov 24 2019 12:29am

Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Nov 23 2019 11:44pm
macliam wrote:
Please clear your eyes/ears out... History and I (repeatedly) have already told you the answer. Or perhaps its not the answer you want? :think:
Nope, doesn't cut it, despite the attempted ad hom. The success of EDF (French government), Abellio (Dutch government), Arriva (German government),Trenitalia (Italian government), MTR (Hong Kong government) and Govia (part owned by SNCF, the French rail operator), as well as DHL (German government) amongst many others, suggests there is little inherently wrong with nationalised industries. So, your condemnation of the concept, based as it is in supposed mishandling in the past, suggests that the British just can't run industries as well as johnny foreigner. Seems an odd standpoint for ione so keen on sovereignty and taking back control. :roll:

It must also concern those who think the UK is going to compete with those same nations..... :eh:

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Nov 24 2019 12:56am

macliam wrote:
Sun Nov 24 2019 12:29am
Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Nov 23 2019 11:44pm
macliam wrote:
Nope, doesn't cut it, despite the attempted ad hom. The success of EDF (French government), Abellio (Dutch government), Arriva (German government),Trenitalia (Italian government), MTR (Hong Kong government) and Govia (part owned by SNCF, the French rail operator), as well as DHL (German government) amongst many others, suggests there is little inherently wrong with nationalised industries. So, your condemnation of the concept, based as it is in supposed mishandling in the past, suggests that the British just can't run industries as well as johnny foreigner. Seems an odd standpoint for ione so keen on sovereignty and taking back control. :roll:

It must also concern those who think the UK is going to compete with those same nations..... :eh:
Do you do tricks as well? The reason I'm asking is if you don't like my answers you seem to want to conjure up an answer for me instead... Crazy??? :wtf:

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Nov 24 2019 2:51am

Jeremy is just a Puppet and here is the proof...!!!
Attachments
Jeremy is a Puppet.jpg
Jeremy is a Puppet
Jeremy is a Puppet.jpg (200.44 KiB) Viewed 1362 times

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Sun Nov 24 2019 4:50pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Nov 24 2019 12:56am
Do you do tricks as well? The reason I'm asking is if you don't like my answers you seem to want to conjure up an answer for me instead... Crazy??? :wtf:
It would help if, from time to time, you could just give, or repeat, a clear answer to a question.
What you normally do is make a nonsense statement unsupported by any evidence, and when challenged you just try to filibuster until we give up. The concept of just answering the question seems to elude you.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sun Nov 24 2019 5:54pm

blythburgh wrote:
Sat Nov 23 2019 10:40am
pabenny wrote:
Sat Nov 23 2019 7:36am
Oh dear. Back on personal insults and bickering.
Just like the would be MP's and Govt. ministers when talking about the opposition
Indeed, PMQ is very rowdy.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Nov 24 2019 7:17pm

Chadwick wrote:
Sun Nov 24 2019 4:50pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Nov 24 2019 12:56am
It would help if, from time to time, you could just give, or repeat, a clear answer to a question.
What you normally do is make a nonsense statement unsupported by any evidence, and when challenged you just try to filibuster until we give up. The concept of just answering the question seems to elude you.
Having given you the answer to the question you asked I can only guess you didn't want to read it or have resorted to some form of twisted humour which is lost on me but I reply none the less to humour you... :wave: