And they are off...! General Election 2019

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
kevinchess1

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Nov 24 2019 9:09pm

I like my elected govenment like I like my women :shock:
I take whatever I get
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Nov 25 2019 10:22am

kevinchess1 wrote:
Sat Nov 23 2019 9:58pm
As entertainins as BB amd Little M's willy waving competition is lets get back on topic
IN MY OPINION
I THInk it's a simple black/white yes/no 1/0 election.
Either Boris will get a majority and 'Get Brexit done' or he wont and Labour will cobble toghter enough support from other parties to form a government and Brexit won't get done for a bit
Who know what will happen in the 2nd option
I don't belive Jerry will give up the chance of being PM just because he;s against Nicky having ANOTHER 'Once-in-a-generatio' referendum
He promise thta in 2024 by which poit hell be in the House of Lords and won't care what happens
Equally I don't think Cousion Jo will give up her best hope of 'Bolloxing Brexit; by refusing to support Jeremy
So Vote for Boris and you get Brexit then 4.75 more years of him and his antics
OR
Vote for anyone else and we back on the carosel of 'Phuc-knows-what-goinna-happen-next'
Munches popcorn
Whoever gets into No 10 it will mean months and, if Brexit happens, years of arguing about Brexit and what is happening because of it. It will take years to get all the trade agreements sorted out. And every trade agreement will mean give and take so a bit of "our independence and sovereignty" will have to be on the table and given away. And with "America First" Trump it will be a fair bit of "our independence and sovereignty". And if you think having a Scottish Mother will make me look favourably on us well just remember he included Scotch Whisky in his tariff war with the EU. And that is because they dared to tax American companies that are refusing to pay their far share of tax in the EU by earning in one country but make it look as if almost all the profits were made elsewhere.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Nov 25 2019 11:31am

kevinchess1 wrote:
Sun Nov 24 2019 9:09pm
I take whatever I get
I take whatever I choose
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue Nov 26 2019 12:48am

Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Nov 24 2019 7:17pm
Chadwick wrote:
Sun Nov 24 2019 4:50pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Nov 24 2019 12:56am
Do you do tricks as well? The reason I'm asking is if you don't like my answers you seem to want to conjure up an answer for me instead... Crazy??? :wtf:
It would help if, from time to time, you could just give, or repeat, a clear answer to a question.
What you normally do is make a nonsense statement unsupported by any evidence, and when challenged you just try to filibuster until we give up. The concept of just answering the question seems to elude you.
Having given you the answer to the question you asked I can only guess you didn't want to read it or have resorted to some form of twisted humour which is lost on me but I reply none the less to humour you... :wave:
I've searched high and low.... and your answer seems to have disappeared. I didn't ask you to give some personal opinion on issues of the past - I asked you why you don't think that Britain is capable of running successful nationalised industries like our European neighbours do.
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Nov 26 2019 1:02am

macliam wrote:
Tue Nov 26 2019 12:48am
Boro Boy wrote:
Chadwick wrote:
Sun Nov 24 2019 4:50pm

It would help if, from time to time, you could just give, or repeat, a clear answer to a question.
What you normally do is make a nonsense statement unsupported by any evidence, and when challenged you just try to filibuster until we give up. The concept of just answering the question seems to elude you.
Having given you the answer to the question you asked I can only guess you didn't want to read it or have resorted to some form of twisted humour which is lost on me but I reply none the less to humour you... :wave:
I've searched high and low.... and your answer seems to have disappeared. I didn't ask you to give some personal opinion on issues of the past - I asked you why you don't think that Britain is capable of running successful nationalised industries like our European neighbours do.
You must have missed what I said: ...history has told us so, why would we want to repeat (what those of us old enough to have lived through) an unincentivized system ran by political will that ends up becoming a black hole for money and becomes a haven of bad service, most of all what benefit is derived from nationalisation and putting our grandchildren into incredible debt!?! Why you needed me to repeat that I will probably never know...

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue Nov 26 2019 10:06am

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Nov 26 2019 1:02am
macliam wrote:
Tue Nov 26 2019 12:48am
Boro Boy wrote:

You must have missed what I said: ...history has told us so, why would we want to repeat (what those of us old enough to have lived through) an unincentivized system ran by political will that ends up becoming a black hole for money and becomes a haven of bad service, most of all what benefit is derived from nationalisation and putting our grandchildren into incredible debt!?! Why you needed me to repeat that I will probably never know...
Simply because you still haven't answered the question I asked - what happened in the past is one thing, but I'm just interested as to why you don't believe your countrymen are as capable of running modern industries as well as are their continental cousins. (But, of course, that's the question you're trying desperately to avoid, neh? :roll: ).
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Nov 26 2019 10:27am

I think the only way a nationalised industry will work in this country is if it is allowed to run as if it is the private company it is now.

In the past the problem was too many layers of bureaucracy and too often lack of money as the Govt. of the day thought other areas should get the money not the nationalised business.

And I am talking about both Labour and Tory govts.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Sarah

Boris Johnson visits a hospital

Post by Sarah » Wed Nov 27 2019 9:50am

Something meaningful from social media:

independently verified as legit by @rosamundmtaylor.
https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1199 ... 38273?s=20
Thanked by: Kelantan, pakefield

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Wed Nov 27 2019 11:04am

Labour’s manifesto commits to scrapping marriage allowance, a policy introduced in 2015 which gives a tax break to couples with a combined income of under £62,500. This means that a couple with just 1 at work and earning say £15,000 pa, or where one of the couple earn less than £12,500 pa ,would lose £5 per week . This will affect both young families and pensioners
Thanked by: adamred6

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Nov 27 2019 11:21am

expressman33 wrote:
Wed Nov 27 2019 11:04am
Labour’s manifesto commits to scrapping marriage allowance, a policy introduced in 2015 which gives a tax break to couples with a combined income of under £62,500. This means that a couple with just 1 at work and earning say £15,000 pa, or where one of the couple earn less than £12,500 pa ,would lose £5 per week . This will affect both young families and pensioners
They also say, in subsequent interviews where this has been raised, (I have not checked) that this is more than made up by tax changes in other areas and that no one would lose out, also that the system as is, is unfair and unequal to those that are not married. If this claim by Labour is correct then your claim that "would lose £5 per week" is incorrect.

This highlights the dangers of being selective and not giving the full facts when quoting.
Thanked by: Kelantan