And they are off...! General Election 2019

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
Boro Boy

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Nov 28 2019 2:13am

macliam wrote:
Tue Nov 26 2019 10:06am
Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Nov 26 2019 1:02am
macliam wrote:
Tue Nov 26 2019 12:48am

I've searched high and low.... and your answer seems to have disappeared. I didn't ask you to give some personal opinion on issues of the past - I asked you why you don't think that Britain is capable of running successful nationalised industries like our European neighbours do.
You must have missed what I said: ...history has told us so, why would we want to repeat (what those of us old enough to have lived through) an unincentivized system ran by political will that ends up becoming a black hole for money and becomes a haven of bad service, most of all what benefit is derived from nationalisation and putting our grandchildren into incredible debt!?! Why you needed me to repeat that I will probably never know...
Simply because you still haven't answered the question I asked - what happened in the past is one thing, but I'm just interested as to why you don't believe your countrymen are as capable of running modern industries as well as are their continental cousins. (But, of course, that's the question you're trying desperately to avoid, neh? :roll: ).
Well I have said this a number of times now, that we should all learn from history but you just don't want to accept that so lets use blythburghs take on it from history: companies owned by UK Governments have always suffered from too much bureaucracy and Government meddling... and would no doubt suffer again if history was to repeat itself! Taking us all back to the 1960's must be a case of nostalgia for the Labour Party and a very expensive trip with no real benefits.
Last edited by Boro Boy on Thu Nov 28 2019 2:21am, edited 1 time in total.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Nov 28 2019 2:18am

blythburgh wrote:
Tue Nov 26 2019 10:27am
I think the only way a nationalised industry will work in this country is if it is allowed to run as if it is the private company it is now.

In the past the problem was too many layers of bureaucracy and too often lack of money as the Govt. of the day thought other areas should get the money not the nationalised business.

And I am talking about both Labour and Tory govts.
So why spend £Trillions for the Government to buy and nationalise them, put ourselves in debt for ever when, as you state, they are better off with their current structure...!?! :wtf:

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Thu Nov 28 2019 2:27pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Thu Nov 28 2019 2:13am
Taking us all back to the 1960's must be a case of nostalgia for the Labour Party and a very expensive trip with no real benefits.
You misspelt 'Brexit Party'.
Thanked by: pabenny, blythburgh

pakefield

Post by pakefield » Thu Nov 28 2019 2:43pm

Boro Boy wrote:
macliam wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

You must have missed what I said: ...history has told us so, why would we want to repeat (what those of us old enough to have lived through) an unincentivized system ran by political will that ends up becoming a black hole for money and becomes a haven of bad service, most of all what benefit is derived from nationalisation and putting our grandchildren into incredible debt!?! Why you needed me to repeat that I will probably never know...
Simply because you still haven't answered the question I asked - what happened in the past is one thing, but I'm just interested as to why you don't believe your countrymen are as capable of running modern industries as well as are their continental cousins. (But, of course, that's the question you're trying desperately to avoid, neh? :roll: ).
Well I have said this a number of times now, that we should all learn from history but you just don't want to accept that so lets use blythburghs take on it from history: companies owned by UK Governments have always suffered from too much bureaucracy and Government meddling... and would no doubt suffer again if history was to repeat itself! Taking us all back to the 1960's must be a case of nostalgia for the Labour Party and a very expensive trip with no real benefits.
If they are run as Govt. owned private company it would work. But with the power industry and the telecoms industry we can shop around for a better deal so would prefer them not to be privatised.

macliam

Post by macliam » Thu Nov 28 2019 3:28pm

Boro Boy wrote:
macliam wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

Still talking history and your opinion, not answering the question asked...... I wonder why?
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Nov 29 2019 12:09am

macliam wrote:
Thu Nov 28 2019 3:28pm
Boro Boy wrote:
macliam wrote:

Still talking history and your opinion, not answering the question asked...... I wonder why?
Can you not read? I have said the answer to your question and I'm guessing now you are just trying out some sarcastic type humour to see how many times you can ask the same question - each time the same answer is relevant - history has a habit of repeating itself. I even expanded with blythburghs comment about governments cannot help themselves tinkering with nationalised industry and using them as a political football - that's my final comment - ANSWERED.

macliam

Post by macliam » Fri Nov 29 2019 5:29pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 29 2019 12:09am
macliam wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

Can you not read? I have said the answer to your question and I'm guessing now you are just trying out some sarcastic type humour to see how many times you can ask the same question - each time the same answer is relevant - history has a habit of repeating itself. I even expanded with blythburghs comment about governments cannot help themselves tinkering with nationalised industry and using them as a political football - that's my final comment - ANSWERED.
Really? Presumably you were never taught to read the question. Perhaps you were too busy on the ad hom training course that day? :roll:

How does this explain why you think that whilst our European neighbours can run very successful nationalised industries and make good profits in the UK, it is impossible for your countrymen to do the same? Or do you deny that the companies I quoted are successful? :eh:

Your only answer is "they didn't do it before", as if the world has stood still and that there is only one model of industry. Nobody is looking backwards, except you - others believe that natural monopolies should not be run as private companies. For you it's just a knee-jerk reaction to anything other than the status quo.
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Nov 29 2019 9:49pm

macliam wrote:
Fri Nov 29 2019 5:29pm
Boro Boy wrote:
macliam wrote:

Really? Presumably you were never taught to read the question. Perhaps you were too busy on the ad hom training course that day? :roll:

How does this explain why you think that whilst our European neighbours can run very successful nationalised industries and make good profits in the UK, it is impossible for your countrymen to do the same? Or do you deny that the companies I quoted are successful? :eh:

Your only answer is "they didn't do it before", as if the world has stood still and that there is only one model of industry. Nobody is looking backwards, except you - others believe that natural monopolies should not be run as private companies. For you it's just a knee-jerk reaction to anything other than the status quo.
Lets twist again like we did last summer...and you seem to do all the time!!! :wave:

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Fri Nov 29 2019 10:02pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 29 2019 9:49pm
macliam wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

Really? Presumably you were never taught to read the question. Perhaps you were too busy on the ad hom training course that day?

How does this explain why you think that whilst our European neighbours can run very successful nationalised industries and make good profits in the UK, it is impossible for your countrymen to do the same? Or do you deny that the companies I quoted are successful?

Lets twist again like we did last summer...and you seem to do all the time!!!
I was hoping you were going to keep to your word and make it your final comment. But no, like Boris you lie!
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Nov 29 2019 11:48pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Fri Nov 29 2019 10:02pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 29 2019 9:49pm
macliam wrote:

Really? Presumably you were never taught to read the question. Perhaps you were too busy on the ad hom training course that day?

How does this explain why you think that whilst our European neighbours can run very successful nationalised industries and make good profits in the UK, it is impossible for your countrymen to do the same? Or do you deny that the companies I quoted are successful?

Lets twist again like we did last summer...and you seem to do all the time!!!
I was hoping you were going to keep to your word and make it your final comment. But no, like Boris you lie!
And another twister, or is it a couple...., joins the dance :wave: :wave: