And they are off...! General Election 2019

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by blythburgh » Sat Nov 30 2019 10:28am

Boro Boy wrote:
Thu Nov 28 2019 2:18am
blythburgh wrote:
Tue Nov 26 2019 10:27am
I think the only way a nationalised industry will work in this country is if it is allowed to run as if it is the private company it is now.

In the past the problem was too many layers of bureaucracy and too often lack of money as the Govt. of the day thought other areas should get the money not the nationalised business.

And I am talking about both Labour and Tory govts.
So why spend £Trillions for the Government to buy and nationalise them, put ourselves in debt for ever when, as you state, they are better off with their current structure...!?! :wtf:
I am not voting Labour as they have no chance locally
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Dec 01 2019 12:04am

blythburgh wrote:
Sat Nov 30 2019 10:28am
Boro Boy wrote:
Thu Nov 28 2019 2:18am
blythburgh wrote:
Tue Nov 26 2019 10:27am
I think the only way a nationalised industry will work in this country is if it is allowed to run as if it is the private company it is now.

In the past the problem was too many layers of bureaucracy and too often lack of money as the Govt. of the day thought other areas should get the money not the nationalised business.

And I am talking about both Labour and Tory govts.
So why spend £Trillions for the Government to buy and nationalise them, put ourselves in debt for ever when, as you state, they are better off with their current structure...!?! :wtf:
I am not voting Labour as they have no chance locally
Oh may G_d you sound as if you could be putting your X against a Liberal Un-Democrat candidate...!!! :o

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Dec 01 2019 9:43am

No need to blaspheme and happy to vote for a Liberal DEMOCRAT unlike those who vote for the Brexit non Party or the Tories who are too scared to give the people a chance to vote on Johnson's deal which is even worse than Mrs May's one
Thanked by: Richard Frost
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Kelantan

Post by Kelantan » Sun Dec 01 2019 9:56am

Its a shame that because of the ignorance and belligerence of one particular member no meaningful debate has been possible in these forums around the subject of the general election. A member who professes to have the companies interests at heart and yet continues to be rude and disrespectful to anyone whom he disagrees with. IMO despite his protestations he is the one who is spoiling the forums for others.
Thanked by: Richard Frost, blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Dec 01 2019 2:55pm

Dream on wrote:
Sun Dec 01 2019 9:56am
Its a shame that because of the ignorance and belligerence of one particular member no meaningful debate has been possible in these forums around the subject of the general election. A member who professes to have the companies interests at heart and yet continues to be rude and disrespectful to anyone whom he disagrees with. IMO despite his protestations he is the one who is spoiling the forums for others.
Get real...!!! I started the debate and only give back as good as I get! :wave:

Kelantan

Post by Kelantan » Sun Dec 01 2019 3:06pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Dec 01 2019 2:55pm
Dream on wrote:
Get real...!!! I started the debate and only give back as good as I get!
I mentioned no names, but if the cap fits you are very welcome to put it on and have it.
Thanked by: Richard Frost, blythburgh

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sun Dec 01 2019 3:50pm

Dream on wrote:
+1
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Dec 01 2019 9:35pm

Dream on wrote:
Sun Dec 01 2019 3:06pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Dec 01 2019 2:55pm
Dream on wrote:
Get real...!!! I started the debate and only give back as good as I get!
I mentioned no names, but if the cap fits you are very welcome to put it on and have it.
I tried the polite way and it didn't work, the patronising holier than though attitudes of certain members still continues so I give as good as I get...! When they stop I'll stop.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Dec 02 2019 10:26am

So how is things going? Any leaflets, door knocking or phone calls for you?

Had a 4 side newspaper from the Tories hand delivered. Both of us have had the Green Party leaflet through the post.

And that is the lot so far

Postie just delivered post and Labour leaflet.
Last edited by blythburgh on Mon Dec 02 2019 10:32am, edited 1 time in total.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Dec 02 2019 10:29am

And how do you think the leaders and representives did on the ITV debate last night. So impressed with the Green Party co-leader. So unimpressed with Farage especially when he was failing to defend the indefensible Trump.

And I had to shout at the TV every time the Tory man and Farage tried to say the NHS was not at risk in the trade negotiations with the USA. Labour has the official Govt. documents to prove it is.
Thanked by: Kelantan